Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "searockaquarius"

Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
Masks (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
by John Vornholt

2.0 out of 5 stars You can do better treking, 11 May 2003
I think the main problem which I had with this book is the time that I read it. The book is one of the first The Next Generation(TNG) books availible and takes place in the second season of TNG. Having seen the series, the films and read some other TNG books, I have seen all the characters develop from their origional introduction and therefore reading about the characters and knowing more about them than the author at the time of writing does not lead to an enjoyable read. What I am really trying to say is the book is as dated as an eighties televison series that never got the chance to move on. This you could almost forgive is there was an exciting story or a good adventure, but neither of these things show themselves in what is in principle a good idea but really falls apart under a little scrutiney. The field of books about Star Trek is one which is very competitive and this book does not stand up to the competition and there are a lot better Star Trek books availible. I would suggest trying Peter David as a good Star Trek author as he seems to capture the charictaristcis of the cast so well and brings us much more exciting adventures.