Profile for Perfumefreak > Reviews

The Secret History of Nursery Rhymes
by Linda Alchin
Price: 6.37

3.0 out of 5 stars The meanings were interesting, but still...., 19 Feb 2014
I had wanted this book for ages. I bought it and I found the meanings behind the nursery rhymes interesting, and fascinating. However, I expected much more. For me more detail and research was needed, plus the grading of language was not really necessary. Otherwise a pleasant enough read.

Fatal Families: Unleashing the Evil Within (Infamous Murderers Book 2)
Fatal Families: Unleashing the Evil Within (Infamous Murderers Book 2)
Price: 0.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Why is Ruth Ellis on the cover of this book?, 19 Feb 2014
I have a problem with Ruth Ellis being on the cover and being portrayed as evil - she was a woman scorned who finally snapped and killed her abuser. In turn she was killed by the State.

LINDY BOP CLASSY VINTAGE 1950's ROCKABILLY STYLE BLACK BOW SWING PARTY EVENING DRESS (14)
Offered by Lindy Bop

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, versatile frock, 7 Jan 2014
It was great to dance in, comfortable, could do a ball or just a dance class. Looks even better with a petticoat underneath. Black Butterfly do good value ones that are light and comfortable.

Andre Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD]
Andre Rieu - Live in Dublin [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andre Rieu
Offered by wmdservices
Price: 12.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandad loves it, 7 Jan 2014
I bought my Grandad this for Christmas, as he loves Andre Rieu, and he played it straight away. The picture was great and the DVD was brilliant.

Zodiac Dredger/Flour Shaker
Zodiac Dredger/Flour Shaker
Offered by One Click Wonder
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Dad loves it, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Zodiac Dredger/Flour Shaker
My Dad loves his baking and asked for a flour dredger for Christmas, I bought this one and he says it is very easy to use and is the ideal size.

Anne Taintor 2014 Wall Calendar (Wall Calendars)
Anne Taintor 2014 Wall Calendar (Wall Calendars)
by Anne Taintor
Edition: Calendar

4.0 out of 5 stars Brightens up my day, 19 Sep 2013
I love Anne Taintor's sharp wit coupled with the vintage pictures. She is razor sharp with her observations. Mothers will love September's caption!

Teaching English Grammar: What to Teach and How to Teach it
Teaching English Grammar: What to Teach and How to Teach it
by Jim Scrivener
Price: 23.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A user-friendly guide to grammar, 19 Sep 2013
I like this particular book because Jim Scrivener explains things clearly and does not waffle. It is very useful for an absolute beginner like me! I have a feeling I will be keeping this by my side when I start my CELTA course next month.

SLIMMING PILLS - Stongest, safest slimming weight loss product (120 caps)
SLIMMING PILLS - Stongest, safest slimming weight loss product (120 caps)
Offered by Mammoth XT Supplements
Price: 23.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Energy - yes. Weight loss - watch this space., 29 Jun 2012
The Thermo Fat Burner Max is a caffiene-based slimming product, however, I have yet to feel the 'burn'. It is brilliant for energy but I have yet to see it as an effective weight-loss product. I have only been on it a couple of weeks, so maybe I am being impatient, I think I will have to give it 2 bottles' worth of use to be able to really see results.

Teaching English as a Foreign Language for Dummies
Teaching English as a Foreign Language for Dummies
by Michelle Maxom
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful book, 20 Dec 2010
This book is written in fairly simple lexis - a real plus for me as I needed to ingest all the prerequisites for an English teacher! I bought this book as I just had a call from an au pair wishing to learn English as my Dad had put my name forward! So, I thought on my feet, ordered the book, read through it - and voila! I loved it and really related to the information and tips given. Michelle Maxom uses relevant examples, clever hints and tips, gives the would-be teacher exactly what they need to construct a lesson for all levels of learners. This book is an absolute must - buy it!

Lee Miller: Portraits from a Life
Lee Miller: Portraits from a Life
by Richard Calvocoressi

5.0 out of 5 stars Lee Miller, the ultimate photographer, 15 May 2010
This book is an absolute must for photography students and enthusiasts alike. Lee Miller's photographs are a quixotic mix of the sophisticated, natural, poignant, edgy, hard-hitting and aesthetically pleasing.

I particularly recommend her photographs of images of the Second World War - these are really raw and moving, especially the ones of the SS Guards and the collaborators. She truly has captured a dark yet enlightening period of history.

On a lighter note, her Vogue work and Man Ray portraits are really beautifully shot, capturing the artists' free spirits.

This would be the coolest coffee table book!

Page: 1 | 2