Profile for Soillady > Reviews

5 FT CINCO CLASSIC CHRISTMAS TREE STAND HEAVY DUTY XMAS WATER RESERVOIR
5 FT CINCO CLASSIC CHRISTMAS TREE STAND HEAVY DUTY XMAS WATER RESERVOIR
Offered by True Traders Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stand - does the job, 17 Dec. 2014
As described, and held our 1m Christmas tree effectively. Not the most attractive stand you'll ever see but does the job and the reservoir is a good size so doesn't need constant topping up.

Tenn Ladies Deluxe Padded Boxer Shorts Cycling Undershorts - Black/Grey
Tenn Ladies Deluxe Padded Boxer Shorts Cycling Undershorts - Black/Grey
Offered by Tenn Outdoors

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 17 Dec. 2014
Having never bought padded shorts before I'm not sure what to expect. I had hoped that these would make my commute more comfy as I spend an hour in the saddle a day. To be honest I didn't notice much difference when wearing these.

They seem reasonably well made, the fit is small I ordered a 12 and it was just about right but I'm on the small size (10-12). If you are on the larger side of a size I'd order the next size up. Will persevere and see if I can notice any improvement in my saddle sore! Will also see what happens when I wash them!

Toshiba Satellite C55-A-1N1 15.6-inch Laptop (Intel Core i5-4200M 2.5 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, Windows 8.1) - Silver
Offered by ASK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value Laptop, 26 April 2014
I bought this laptop to replace my 7 year old Satellite Pro (lasted amazing well and has sold me on Toshiba Laptops). The start-up is fast, the i5 processor is extremely fast and I've had no problems loading multiple webpages and running several programmes at once. The Keyboard is good, screen bright and a decent size. The machine is amazingly quiet, and barely gets warm no matter what I am doing. The Battery life is as advertised, at least 4 hours probably more for light use. I've bought this machine to use at home, I don't intend to transport it around much - it's probably a bit heavy for more than occasional travel. The laptop feels solid and the silver outer shell is a nice touch - the mouse pad is fit for purpose. It's fine for browsing, but for more intensive mouse work I'd advise buying a USB mouse to plug in - it can be a bit jumpy and it's not amazingly comfortable to use

Complaints: While generally I think this model, at this spec (8GB Memory, 1TB hard drive) is excellent value I did get annoyed with all the extra programmes or 'apps' added to Windows 8. I've had to remove most of them and this hasn't been easy in all cases. This isn't a major issue just a minor grumble. Secondly, the sound is poor quality very tinny (actually worse than my 7 year old laptop). This isn't an issue for me as I'll be using the computer for work and web browsing, but I wouldn't want to watch a film or listen to music on this. If sound quality is important for you, this isn't the machine for you.

So overall a very good value machine, I don't think you could get much better for under £550. For general everyday use it's a good replacement for a household PC.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2014 9:08 AM BST

EliteHomeCollection Indian Classic Rib 250 x 380 cm Natural Sofa Throw/ Bedspread includes Two Cushion Covers

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, large throw, 26 April 2014
This throw arrived promptly and was exactly as described and pictured (colour true, off white/cream). It's a large size and easily covered my 3 seater sofa. The cushion covers were a bonus, however these didn't seem really well made. The material around the zips was frayed and the zips themselves didn't run the length of the covers -this meant getting our cushions into the covers was a bit difficult and is why I have only given four rather than five stars. Having said that the price and quality of throw was excellent so I'm not too bothered about this - I think this is generally a good value product and I can buy some better quality cushion covers.

Sewing Tape Measure 60" 150cm Dressmaking Taylor Tailor
Sewing Tape Measure 60" 150cm Dressmaking Taylor Tailor
Offered by POVOS BRAND

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as described, 23 Aug. 2013
Arrived promptly, and exactly as described. Did the job, for the cost it was an excellent tape measure - what more can I say!