Profile for Shirley > Reviews

Macrobiotics for All Seasons
Macrobiotics for All Seasons
by Marlene Watson-Tara
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information on all aspects of health and delicious recipes, 16 May 2012
Macrobiotics for all Seasons is a great introduction to understanding our connection with nature and how to eat and live with the changing seasons. The author recognises that many of us, in our busy modern lifestyles do not and gives fascinating insight into how we can keep our bodies healthy with great explanation on disease prevention.
The book is very well presented with beautiful coloured photographs sporadically placed throughout each chapter that offers comprehensive information in five parts which encompass the seasons of spring, summer, late summer, autumn and winter. Each Seasonal chapter contains cleansing teas and home remedies for the specific organs relating to that season, delicious recipes of which I have tried many, general ways in which to live in accordance with the seasons and how you will become increasingly energised by doing so.

It is a very enjoyable book to read and the first 5 chapters in particular are for me the most impressive self-help book I have ever read. The book relates all this information in such an easy to understand format. Whilst it is great for people who want an introduction to the practices within, it is also appropriate for people who already have knowledge of Macrobiotics. I recommend this book as it contains plenty of tips, and suggestions for diet, weight loss, healthy living and lifestyle.