Profile for Jorge > Reviews

Content by Jorge

Jorge "Jorge"

Outlaw Gentlemen And Shady Ladies
Outlaw Gentlemen And Shady Ladies

5.0 out of 5 stars ... Volbeat in their home country and was definitely NOT disappointed. It takes a special band to make me ..., 14 Aug 2014
I am just back from Copenhagen after seeing Volbeat in their home country and was definitely NOT disappointed. It takes a special band to make me travel all that way just for a gig and this was the album that started it all for me. Blissfully unaware of Volbeat's presence previously, I heard 'Pearl Hart' on three consecutive days on the radio and I have been hooked ever since. I have read other reviews having a go at the mix of styles that make up the complicated nature of Volbeat - these people just don't get it. Volbeat have proved that country can be combined with metal and when you have the overall melodic genius of Michael Poulsen allied to the guitar abilities of Rob Caggiano and the rhythm section of Anders Kjølholm and Jon Larsen keeping it as tight as a drum, the overall effect is one of a power quartet churning out one the heaviest, melodic albums of recent years. From the radio friendly 'Lola Montez' and 'Cape of Our Hero' to the metal masterpieces of 'Dead but Rising' and ' The Nameless One', this is an absolute must-buy for any metal-head who loves both power and melody.....with a bit of country thrown in for good measure. Just do it.....and then buy their previous four albums. Truly inspiring.

Clingo Universal Car Phone Mount - Green
Clingo Universal Car Phone Mount - Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Its pretty good!, 28 May 2011
I was pleasantly surprised with my Clingo after all - after placing my order I made the mistake of reading a few reviews with mixed results. I was genuinely concerned that there would be a lot of movement on my iPhone when the car was in motion but this hasn't proved the case so far. I had an old Invisible Shield on the phone and the Clingo was so sticky at first that it ripped it off after a few attempt - however, with a brand new one applied and some of the 'stickiness' gone, then the bond is just right. My only gripe is the ball joint directly behind the sticky pad - it could have been replace with a hinged type unit similar to the one near the window sucker. On a couple of occasions when I peeled the phone off, it took the ball joint off with it - it has to be a two-handed operation now and the ball joint feels a little weak and loose. This is further shown when touching the screen on the iPhone whilst mounted - it does tend to swivel on the joint a little too freely. This one point aside I'm relatively happy with the purchase and it hasn't let me down yet in the two months I've owned.