Profile for Leanne Bell > Reviews

Koyasan (Darren Shan)
Koyasan (Darren Shan)
by Darren Shan

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful ghost story :), 31 Mar 2014
This review is from: Koyasan (Darren Shan) (Paperback)
It's been a while since I've read a Darren Shan book. I loved the Demonata series but couldn't get away with the vampire books, or the thin executioner. I've yet to read the zombie ones, but I've been looking for this little gem for a while, which I finally found hidden in the adorable book palace store in the famous crooked house in Canterbury! Couldn't have been a more perfect place to find it :) Anyways....

I loved this! It was such a scary, creepy story yet with some valuable morals, great lessons on bravery and family ties and such a wonderful ending. I guess I was expecting something blunt at the end, but this was perfect. I loved Koyasan, and such a beautiful name! Would totally call my kid that if I had one lol

I'm totally going out of my way to read one of Darren's zombie books now. I've missed his writing. I know this is 8 years after it's release, but well played Mr Shan, well played!

Dominion (Guardian Angels Book 1)
Dominion (Guardian Angels Book 1)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A few shaky bits but incredible character development, 28 Mar 2014
I liked this book though I'll admit the writing was a bit shaky in parts, it was a really good read. I felt the plot moved to fast in parts and ending was rushed and a tad confusing. I also found it difficult to follow at times. Having said that though....

The character development was amazing and this book gets massive praise for that alone. Often the story will go along nicely and I'll feel nothing for the characters. No such problem here, their development was believable and paced perfectly.

The cliffhanger ending has me intrigued and I will most definitely be reading the next in the series. without a doubt!

Breeding Guide For DragonVale
Breeding Guide For DragonVale

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 28 Mar 2014
Much easier to breed the dragons when you know which combo's make what dragons. I'd never stand a chance of getting the rare ones otherwise. I'm a working adult, I don't have hours to spend guessing. So props to whoever done this, awesome idea!

Oromiss Womens Ladies Thick Cable Knit Jumpers Plain Warm Chunky Woolen Knitted Sweaters
Offered by Oromiss

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit big but I kinda expected that since a small is for 8/10, 28 Mar 2014
I'm a size 8 in general but due to stress have dropped to a six on my top half, as a result my eights are a bit baggy and since this covers 8/10 its very baggy :) I'm not complaining though. It's very cosy, warm and I wear another top underneath. Perfect for slouching around the house!

My Sister Jodie
My Sister Jodie
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: My Sister Jodie (Kindle Edition)
I cried at the end....what more can I say really? I mean I haven't read anything Jacqueline Wilson in a while but I remember several of them making me cry and this one was no exception. This one however had a severe shock factor that hit me at the very core.

This is a beautiful novel about family, friendship, bullying and ultimately about the bond between two very different sisters and how it can never be destroyed. I haven't been so moved in a long time and I still shiver when I think about the story.

Amazing lessons to be learned from this story about the consequences of a persons actions, how we treat people and about finding yourself. I loved this, but truly truly heartbreaking

Level 2 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Candidate Handbook: The Teaching Assistant's Handbook (NVQ/SVQ Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2)
by Ms Louise Burnham
Price: 19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my course, 27 Mar 2014
I'm onto my third unit training as a TA and I find the info contained in this book handy in assisting with the completion of the worksheets. It's enabled me to look ahead before we study a topic to give me an idea of what to expect. Well worth the money and definitely helping me.

Quaker Instant Oatmeal Strawberries & Cream 404g
Quaker Instant Oatmeal Strawberries & Cream 404g
Offered by SOUTH AFRICAN FOODS
Price: 4.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Very very very sweet and very small portion but still filling, 27 Mar 2014
I ordered these as I love my porridge for breakfast and I fancied something a bit different. First of all i was a bit disappointed by the state of the packaging though this didn't concern me over much. The size of the portions, however, did bother me. You don't get a lot and, yes it does expand once you add the milk and put it in the microwave, but not by much. It's also extremely sweet, and though I have a bit of a sweet tooth I think this could do with a bit less sugar. I'll eat the ones I have left but I won't be buying again. I think I'll stick to my British Quaker oats porridge and switch between flavours. For anyone with kids with a sweet tooth but with the healthiness of oats by all means, go ahead.

The Divine Secrets of the Whoopie Pie Sisters: Book Three
The Divine Secrets of the Whoopie Pie Sisters: Book Three

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this series!, 22 Mar 2014
I haven't written a review in a while since I don't blog anymore, but I decided this series more than deserved a five star review. I'll first start by saying that I am not a religious person but for some reason the stories of the Amish give me a sense of peace that other books don't.

I've read Amish romances before, and I love them because of how beautiful they are and innocent to a certain extent. But this series was different, it was about family love and the bonds between sisters. I found each and every book absorbing and beautifully written and I could relate to each of the sisters and the issues they were dealing with (including Lydia, whom I felt sorry for and would love to know what becomes of her after the close of book three).

I Absolutely loved that moment of realisation when it clicked that they struggle to deal with the same complex issues as everyone else. yes, life is plainer and simpler and they have God to lean on and draw faith from, but they are still victim to storms, illnesses, betrayals and general human sin. I liked reading about the fact that even those with the best of intentions make mistakes and can be forgiven.

All four sisters go through hell, and yes, not everyone gets a conclusive happy ending (but isn't that real life?) but this is a very hopeful and uplifting novel about the bonds of family, community and of continuing on whatever life throws at you. Belief in god not needed to enjoy this novel, that I can promise you. So for any atheists who have stumbled upon this review, open your mind a bit and give this wonderful trilogy a read. Made my crappy week, so much more bearable :)

Dragon Mania
Dragon Mania

5.0 out of 5 stars love this!, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Dragon Mania (App)
I love this! I don't agree with the reviews saying it's hard to get more gems. Just battle your dragon's and your likely to win some gems. The key is patience! The dragons are cute and it's a fun little time consumer. Love it muchly!

Bubble Witch Saga (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Bubble Witch Saga (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!, 21 Jun 2013
Yeh! Another of my fave games on kindle fire. Bubble popping addictive fun :) Is candy crush next? I'll be thrilled if it is....hint hint

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16