Profile for Mr. Ramirez > Reviews

Content by Mr. Ramirez

Mr. Ramirez "twiggy" (london)

Poetic HardBack Protective Case for the Samsung Galaxy S III S3 i9300 Black (3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good case, 18 Nov. 2012
Good sturdy case whilst not being too bulky and good value for money. Already dropped the phone a few times so glad I bought it!
Delivered in 1 week.

Creative  Aurvana Live! Headphones
Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 19 July 2012
Decent pair of headphones...nice cable, comfortable and good quality.

Only other pair i had were the px200 senheisser headphones, which weren't as good but were also quite a bit cheaper...

Philips Bodygroom TT2021 Rechargeable Ma
Philips Bodygroom TT2021 Rechargeable Ma

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for trimming!, 2 Mar. 2010
I baught this because it was cheap and had many good reviews.
My main purpose for it was to trim my forearm hair and groin area.
I am pretty hairy, and so my hair is quite densely concentrated as well as being quite long (probably over an inch).

I only wanted to trim my hair so for me, Comb 3 (the biggest of the three - up to 10mm length hair after trimming apparently) was the one i used. Unfortunately it did not work very well.
It took me about 20 minutes to trim just one arm, and its still not trimmed well/evenly.
THe main reasons for this are

(1) after almost every stroke, the trimmer seems to clog and you need to blow the hair out or take the comb off and remove the hair to continue (it doesnt just fall out as you trim unfortunately - maybe with smaller or no comb it would)

(2) it misses many hairs and leaves it uneven so you have to go over the same place a number of times (this problem is probably related to the first one i mentioned).

I briefly tried with comb 2, and it was perhaps a bit better, but not sure really. Anyway that is too short for me.
And around the groin area it would probably take me an eternity with comb 3, since its even denser and thicker there for me...

So to conclude, if you just want your hair trimmed a bit so it looks fairly natural, dont bother buy this, scissors would probably be better! or a better trimmer.

If you want a fairly close shave (no more than a few mm) then MAYbe this will work well, but i wouldnt know. IM guessing it does though considering all the other reviews...

hope this was helpful, because it seems i was misguided by the other reviews!

Buffalo LinkStation Live 1TB MultiMedia Network Attached Storage with Built-In BitTorrent Client

4.0 out of 5 stars Great device, but on the slow side..., 22 Feb. 2010
I spent a long time researching various NAS devices in the market for under £150.
In the end i decided with this one as i think it has the best balance of value for money and performance.
My main use of this device was to store all my films and to be able to stream them to various computers and my xbox...

Positives:
- Smaller than i imagined, and smaller than my seagate 1tb hard drive that i use as a back up.
- Web access feature easy to set up and use, and very handy. You can stream music over the web wherever you are, and upload/download content.
- Runs quietly
- Was easy to connect to my network and streams smoothly.

Negative:
- Transferring data to and from the hard drive can be slow. I had around 700GB of film to transfer to this device.
I am using a 100mbit network, and my computer is connected via a wall plug ethernet, capable of up to 200mb speeds. For some reason when i tried transferring to the hard drive, it was very slow....around 300 Kbps transfer.
This was when i connected the wall plug in my room, which is quite far from the router. Then when i connected it to an adjacent room, the speeds shot up to around 2mbps. ANd finally I tried when my laptop was connected directly to the router, and i was getting transfer rate of 4-5 mbps...which meant it eventually only took a couple days to transfer everything.
However I found it strange how big the difference was when I get transfer rates over the internet from my room of up to 1mbps, so clearly the distance shouldnt have been a limiting factor to the network speed...

I have not used features such as Auto back-up, or the Direct copy either.

All in all I would definitely recommend this if you do not want to spend too much money.

Seagate Expansions 1TB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive for PC
Seagate Expansions 1TB External Desktop USB 2.0 Hard Drive for PC
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product...so far!, 22 Feb. 2010
I've been using this hard drive for a month so far, and have not had any problems yet.
The best thing about this HD is the value...its a bargain for the extra space you are getting.
It also runs quietly.
The slight negative is that its a bit on the big side, however it still looks very good. So its probably not ideal to use as a portable device, but if you are just using it around the house its ideal!