Profile for Enormous Sage > Reviews

Content by Enormous Sage

Enormous Sage (Bedford, UK.)

Ex-Pro CR284D Hard Clam Shock Proof Digital Camera Case Bag for Fujifilm FinePix - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits a Fuji XP30 no problem, 24 Mar 2011
This is a decent little case for my Fuji XP30. Pretty good quality but I probably wouldn't rely 100% on the belt clip as it's only fairly flimsy looking plastic.
Good if you want to protect your camera when in your pocket (or using the carry strap) and very good value for the low price.
Very quick delivery from the supplier also.

MY-Link 106 KEY FLEXIBLE DESKTOP COMPUTER KEYBOARD (BLACK)
MY-Link 106 KEY FLEXIBLE DESKTOP COMPUTER KEYBOARD (BLACK)
Offered by E W Link Co Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for use in the workshop, no good at your desk., 22 Nov 2010
Bought one of these to use when in my garage / workshop instead of mucking up the built in keyboard with oily fingers, when taking notes, measurements and using my laptop for car diagnostics, etc.
Works fine for that task, but I wouldn't recommend it if you've got a lot of typing to do at your (nice, clean) desk, as the keys are a bit dead and unresponsive. I'd imagine it would be tiring and frustrating if you had to use it constantly for any length of time.

Still, it does exactly what I need it to do and I go back to using the normal keyboard when I'm back to my desk (and all cleaned up!)

JR refills 90ml Colour Universal Starter Kit, 30ml Flush
JR refills 90ml Colour Universal Starter Kit, 30ml Flush

5.0 out of 5 stars Lexmark refill, 13 Oct 2010
This excellent little kit has got everything you need in it to refil your colour cartridges (even a small drill for making the holes in the cartridge) - I used it on my Lexmark 33, which is notorious for running out of ink quickly.

My cartridge was a bit old and dried out, but I cleaned it, refilled it and left it for a few days for the ink to work its way through the print head. Now it works just fine.

I no longer live in fear of how much colour printing is costing me!

Tip : check which colour is in which chamber by dipping the end of a (clean) cut off cotton bud into the chamber first, as it's not obvious.
Also keep lots of tissue paper handy and refill on old newspaper or everything will be blue, yellow and red by the time you've finished (including your hands)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Trendier than a walking stick!, 13 Oct 2010
I bought this for my mum because she has a bad knee and needed a bit of extra support when walking.
She needed something that would fold up into a bag to take on holiday and only being 70, she didn't want to "look like an old lady" with one of those traditional style walking sticks.

She was very pleased with it : it's super light, folds up into a (large) handbag, and became the envy of the other ladies on the same coach trip.
It's also better value and higher quality than some of the folding walking sticks sold through various sunday paper colour supplements.
Recommended.

Veho VFS-002 Slide & Negative Scanner for 35mm & 110 Instamatic Negatives
Veho VFS-002 Slide & Negative Scanner for 35mm & 110 Instamatic Negatives

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for slides / bad for negatives, 13 Oct 2010
Bought this on the strength of the positive reviews, and have found that it does scan slides to an acceptable quality.

Photo negative scans are terrible however, with a "halo" type effect around the edges of the scans and grim colouration. I'm assuming this is because there is a slight curve in the negative : the frame doesn't hold them flat at all (badly designed) and the device / software doesn't seem to be able to compensate for this.
The negatives just sit in the frame as they would on any flat surface, so of course they will come out badly if they're not perfectly flat.

I give this three stars because fortunately I bought it with the intention of scanning all my old slides, and wasn't bothered with negatives (I only did them as an experiment)
If I'd bought it to do negatives, I'd be asking for my money back.

Genuine BlackBerry 8900 Curve Black Silicone Case
Genuine BlackBerry 8900 Curve Black Silicone Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 5 Dec 2009
Fits the phone perfectly, makes it easier to grip, particularly when using one hand to hold & type and helps it stay put when in the car.

Only thing to note is that it doesn't offer any screen protection by itself and when you've got this fitted to your BB, it won't fit in the standard leather holder supplied with the phone.
I think this is a better option than the standard holder, however.

Hama USB 2.0 Card Reader - 35 In 1
Hama USB 2.0 Card Reader - 35 In 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain gadget., 2 Dec 2008
I ordered this after being warned that pictures would take a long time (and camera battery power) to download from my new Fuji Camera (S5800)
Well, this little gadget works superbly with the SDHC cards it uses, and even with the old style SmartMedia card from my ancient FinePix 2600, which downloads at a much higher speed than simply plugging into the camera via USB as I used to.
The plastic casing on the reader is a bit cheap and easily scratched, but I can't really complain at this price! It even comes with its own short USB cable, so it's ready to go : I just plugged it into my USB port and Windows XP did the rest.
I'm pleased with this little gadget, and it arrived in the post very quickly too!

Collins Complete Woodworker's Manual
Collins Complete Woodworker's Manual
by Albert Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars All essential woodworking info in one book., 10 Jan 2008
I'm strictly a "hobbyist" woodworker and I ordered this on a whim, having just bought a router in the post xmas sales, hoping to pick up some ideas for projects.
The depth of information is outstanding, with the chapters being logically ordered and all types of wood, tool and method being laid out in detail with plenty of clear diagrams and "how-to" instructions.
I picked up plenty of hints and tips on things I never even knew I was doing wrong. I've also managed to identify some of the more obscure woodworking tools I inherited from my Grandfather, and found a use for them!
Money well spent, this will keep me busy for years.