Profile for Theo > Reviews

Content by Theo

Theo

Anker® MP140 Portable Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker (fully backward compatible) Mini Speaker with 3.5mm Aux Port, Enhanced Bass Boost, Built in Mic Speaker System, 10 Hours Playtime
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Very surprised. Good things do come in small packages!!, 24 Sep 2013
Having read the reviews of several of these Bluetooth speakers I decided to try one. I have recently been on holiday without one and realise their significance now. A lot of reviews are from people who had been "given" their speakers in return for a review. These reviews I always take with a pinch of salt.
I decided to part with my own money for this one as several others boast of this and that but the Anker just said it would do this and that and that's exactly what it does. Being a man I struggled to open the neatly packaged box and opted for ripping it to shreds until I got to the bit I wanted. The instructions according to "man code" were ignored (but secretly read later to confirm I had done what I believed would be the right thing anyway!) and I turned it on and paired it with my Samsung Galaxy S4 within 30 seconds it was that easy.

The sound it produces can only be described a "superb" and whilst using no equalization from the phones settings. This would have been a boon whilst on my holiday and now I can understand why people buy them. I'm sure there are other well known manufacturers that claim theirs will sound ten times better to justify their twenty time more extortionate price tag but in the real world I'd say "why bother?" this little unit does everything it says it will and at a fraction of the "bigger boys" prices. I would be surprised if anyone who wanted to use a small speaker to listen to music now and then wouldn't like this. I'm suitably impressed with it.

Bosch 10 Piece Screwdriver Set
Bosch 10 Piece Screwdriver Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Right choice., 30 Dec 2012
Having received a Bosch 14.4v cordless drill/screwdriver for Christmas I thought I'd update the attachments
I already had (they were well passed it anyway!) I decided to go for the Bosch to match the drill as I know
Bosch does make good quality items and these screwdriver bits were no exception.
The set contains just about every bit a keen DIY'er would need and house them in a handy plastic container.
Ideal, bits don't get lost and it's easy to select the correct bit needed every time. I'm very pleased with
my purchase and the speed of delivery (less than 24hrs) was superb.