Profile for Rowan Wilson > Reviews

Rowan Wilson

Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom
Money Master the Game: 7 Simple Steps to Financial Freedom

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed. US Centric waffle., 16 Jan. 2015
If you don't reside in the US this book is pointless.

If you do live in the US don't bother, it's just TR telling you how wealthy he is. Shame, because Tony's other books are great.

This book should be labelled as a self-help book for insomniacs.

Now to see if I can get a refund. Amazon please issue a warning with this book saying it is aimed at the US market.

Responsive Web Design with Html5 and Css3
Responsive Web Design with Html5 and Css3
by Ben Frain

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book with relevant and up to date examples., 24 Aug. 2012
I'm primarily a PHP developer. However, I still need a strong knowledge of front-end languages such as HTML and CSS in order to output the HTML generated by PHP.

I've worked through the examples in this book and now feel much better equipped to do my job. The author demostrates deep knowlege and experience and this book will always stay close at hand on my desk to use a reference whenever I forget something. The author uses humour and movie references to present what can sometimes be a dry and frustrating area especially when working with Microsoft's early web browsers.

Other reviewers have quite rightly mentioned that the images used in the book are in black and white. I didn't find this a problem as I downloaded the example code from the packt website and followed along using the authors live demonstration site.

Thank you Ben, 5 stars from me.