Profile for S. Mitchell > Reviews

Live Catch Humane Trip Trap Mouse Trap
Offered by abjdirectgoods
Price: 5.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 2 Nov 2009
We had a problem with a lone mouse chewing up our carpet. Saw it a few times but it always got away. Refused to kill it so had a crack at this product.

Tried baiting with chocolate as per other reviews and caught nothing for a couple of weeks (though not 100% sure the mouse has been in during that time and the bait was still there). Last night I replaced the bait with some of my hamster's food and got up this morning to find a little mouse trapped.

Very easy to use and effective.

Bill Bailey - Tinselworm [DVD] [2008]
Bill Bailey - Tinselworm [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Bill Bailey
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 3.47

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 3 Nov 2008
I saw Bill Bailey at the recorded show at Wembley Arena and must say I came away a little disappointed. After the near-perfect 'Part Troll' and other 2 DVD's, I expected more.

The show itself didn't feel like it worked in the arena stadium. It just seemed too large a venue (I felt the same way for Eddie Izzard's Sexie show).

Some of the material didn't work and whilst there are some truly great moments (The Asda advert part will have you in stiches), there weren't enough of them to stop me and my wife driving home feeling like the show had been a bit of an anti-climax after months of looking forward to it. Maybe our expectations were a little high.

If you're a fan of Bill Bailey, by all means buy the DVD. If you're just starting I'd recommend 'Part Troll' before this DVD. I'd only get this if you're a big fan of all his other shows.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2008 1:01 PM GMT

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Xbox)
Offered by GX-ENTERTAINMENT UK
Price: 14.98

5.0 out of 5 stars The game your boss wished you never found, 31 Aug 2004
After owning Metal Gear Solid for the PS1, I drooled over the next installment when I found it. Great, I thought, the game I loved with better graphics, AI, features, and options. Was I right? Oh yes.
Forget work. You'll bother to call in sick the first couple of days, then you'll forget as the days blur into one. Each time you get to a cut scene you think "I'll just do this" or "I'll just find that guy" as the plot thickens, and sleep will be a long forgotton memory.
Splinter cell wished it was as good as this game. This game has better camara angles, a better story, better graphics, better enemy AI, better . . . you get the idea.
The only bad point (if you can call it that) is that the story does has too many twists and you may end up trying to work out who knows about who and who wants to do what to which country. Doubled with a lack of sleep, this can be very confusing.
If you owned any other Metal Gears, get it. If you haven't, get it anyway. It's that good.