Profile for Budgie56 > Reviews

Content by Budgie56

Budgie56

Grail Knight: Number 5 in series (Outlaw Chronicles)
Grail Knight: Number 5 in series (Outlaw Chronicles)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Grail knight, 5 May 2014
Angus has done it again. A bloody good read, literally. As always I couldn't put the book down.
Thanks Angus.

SAS RAGE! SPECIAL FORCES VENDETTA: BAD SAMARITANS III - THE BEGINNING
SAS RAGE! SPECIAL FORCES VENDETTA: BAD SAMARITANS III - THE BEGINNING
Price: 0.82

5.0 out of 5 stars SAS lII The beginning, 24 Mar 2014
Having read the other books in this great trilogy, I thoroughly enjoyed it. As usual I couldn't put the book down. Shame it was a short read though.

Knots And Crosses
Knots And Crosses
Price: 4.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Knots and Crosses, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Knots And Crosses (Kindle Edition)
Ian Rankin is a pain. Normally when I read a book, I can read a few chapters and put the book down, so I can do whatever I should be doing. But this author is really good, brilliant at what he does and that's wanting you to turn the next page, read the next chapter all the way up to the end. Hence my pain, Mr Rankin.

Master Of War: The Blooding - Part one of an epic adventure set during the Hundred Years' War
Price: 0.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Blooding, 28 July 2013
Read the story, enjoyed it. But I felt I've read it before. Especially at the Crecy battle. Down by the ford, then it hit me. 'Harlequin' by Bernard Cornwall. I was expecting Thomas Hookton to be rubbing shoulders with Thomas Blackstone. Still I shall probably read the next Master of War, just to see how it compares with the Harlequin series.

Enchantress (The Evermen Saga, Book One)
Enchantress (The Evermen Saga, Book One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloody good read, 13 Mar 2013
I found this book through Amazon's recommend link. I'm more of a Medieval reader, so this book was a change, a different direction for me.
Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you like Fantasy, Sword and Sourcery, you'll like this book.
Now to download book 2 Hidden Relic.

Hereward (Hereward 1)
Hereward (Hereward 1)
Price: 3.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Rollingkin good yarn, 1 Feb 2013
I bought the book on other reviews, and wasn't disapointed, action, blood and gore of the medieval times.
liked the way he told the story and not too over done and didn't need to keep flicking backwards to check who was who.
Liked the facts/fiction woven in worked well.
Started reading and couldn't put it down until I finished.
Purchased the 2nd Devils army, can't wait to start reading.....

ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
ALTDORF: The Forest Knights: Book 1
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Altdorf. book 1, 31 Jan 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed it, I would put the author in the same league as Judson Roberts, James Wilde, and even Bernard Cornwell. I enjoy reading books about Medieval times and this one didn't disapoint. Not as bloody or gory as some I've read, but still I couldn't put my Kindle down until I finished reading it. A great read, now for book 2 Morgarten.