Profile for Lady Huntress > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Forsyte Saga - Complete
The Forsyte Saga - Complete

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best novels ever written, 1 May 2015
The mother of all family sagas. One of the best novels ever written. Totally engrossing with familiar characters one recognises from ones own life.

PedalPro Wicker Bicycle Shopping Basket
PedalPro Wicker Bicycle Shopping Basket
Offered by SDE Online

3.0 out of 5 stars Not strong enough, 17 Nov. 2013
Its very useful for lightweight things, but anything more than a couple of bottles of milk, and the basket scrapes the wheel.

Xtra-Funky Exclusive PU Leather Book Wallet Style Case for Amazon Kindle 4 & Kobo Touch (2011 No Keyboard Model) (HOT PINK POLKA DOT SPOTS)
Offered by Xtra-Funky Ltd (VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, strong cover, 5 April 2013
Feels and looks just like leather.. My daughter, for whom I bought this cover, is still thrilled with it after several months of use.

Yoobao Executive Leather Case for iPad 2 - Red
Yoobao Executive Leather Case for iPad 2 - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect ipad cover, 11 Oct. 2012
As someone who has been burned before, I am a very careful buyer and do lots of research before purchasing. The reviews for this cover were mostly good, so I decided to purchase it..... I am so glad I did!

This cover is REAL leather (not the PU plastic trash mostly available elsewhere). It smells and feels wonderful. It is a lovely dark red.

My ipad fits perfectly inside... all the ports, camera, etc are uncovered and ready to use. The front cover folds back neatly for holding the ipad in my hand and I can leave my ipad in the cover when I use my stand.Ekit Universal Tablet Stand 9 - 10 inch Compatible with iPad 2/3

If I could change anything about this cover, I would make the felt interior red to match the exterior... but that is the ONLY thing I would change....hence the title of my review.

Kit Univeral Desk Holder for 9-10 Inch Tablets Compatible with iPad 2/3/4/Air Samsung Galaxy Tab 2/3/4 10.1 Inch - Silver/White

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal iPad stand, 9 Oct. 2012
I cannot fault this stand... Simple and elegant design....easy to use.... Attractive... And, yes, along with several other users, I can attest that it works beautifully placed on a lap tray.. It is heavy enough at its base to support the iPad without any risk of tipping.

The best part is that I can keep my iPad in my lovely book- style cover on the stand and easily pick it up out of the stand to close the cover. The stand can hold the iPad as gently or as tightly as I wish and even with a gentle hold, the rubber end caps on the arms provide enough friction against the iPad to ensure that it does not ever slip out of its stand. I leave my iPad on the stand to recharge it as there is a perfectly- sized gap between the lower arms for just this purpose.

I am thrilled with this stand..... Not the cheapest, but definitely the BEST iPad stand.

Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby
Beginners' Guide to the Dolls' House Hobby
by Jean Nisbett

5.0 out of 5 stars A briilliant book for beginners!, 7 Mar. 2012
As a newcomer to miniaturism, I found this book to be an excellent introduction to the practicalities involved in renovating and decorating my own miniature house.

This is the book to get BEFORE you start on your first house.

This book is an excellent resource that I will be returning to time and again throughout my project and I have particularly bookmarked the "Twenty Steps to Basic Decoration" chapter.

Rather than prescribing her own personal preferences, the author discusses and instructs us upon the various options available in every respect - whether it be acquiring a house, choosing decor, decorating, etc. Collectors' Houses, Shops and Children's doll houses are all covered.

Jean Nisbett assumes that you are a complete novice and guides you to create a dolls house to treasure.

Believe Beads © 1 x Red Charm Necklace, Real Leather Neck cord with Lampwork glass Heart charm, metal charms, Rhinestone Charm Beads, 55 cm long with extension chain. Perfect Valentines Day Present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Stunning!, 20 Feb. 2012
I was delighted to receive this from my daughter for Christmas. It is vibrantly red and totally gorgeous. It looks feminine, glamourous and unique.

It weighs very little and is very comfortable to wear, unlike some other charm necklaces I have tried on. It looks much more expensive than it is.

Regatta Ladies Solace Bootie - Size: M
Regatta Ladies Solace Bootie - Size: M

3.0 out of 5 stars Great uppers, dreadful soles, 11 Dec. 2011
I bought these slippers as I was recovering from broken ankles and wanted extra warmth and support for my ankles. These slippers do provide exactly that - the uppers are soft, warm and cosy. These slippers can even be worn in bed to sleep in, which is useful if you like to sleep on your side as they provide a nice padding between the ankles when they are resting upon each other.

My feet are size 5 which exactly fit into the "Medium" size.

However,the soles of these slippers lack padding, they are hard and cold - I intend to use memory insoles to cope with this problem as the uppers so perfectly match my needs.

Overall, I am disappointed as, with a little more attention to quality, this could have been an excellent product!

7dayshop Power - Mains to USB Unit Suitable for Amazon Kindle, Apple iPhone 4, iPod, HTC etc

5.0 out of 5 stars IT WORKS!, 11 Dec. 2011
This little gadget connects the USB plug to the wall socket in order to recharge my Kindle. I can now recharge the Kindle whilst I am online shopping for more books, without that annoying message popping up on the Kindle to tell me to switch it off. I can also recharge the Kindle in a room without a computer in it (ie; my bedroom) and keep it away from small, inquisitive fingers.

The device works perfectly and was a bargain at this price.

FOLDING WALKING STICK SILVER
FOLDING WALKING STICK SILVER

4.0 out of 5 stars Not your granny's walking stick, 10 Nov. 2011
This review is from: FOLDING WALKING STICK SILVER
I purchased this walking stick because I am in the process of healing a broken leg. I wanted something to lean on so I could get about more easily, but I didn't want the usual floral or wooden offerings as I am not yet "antique".

This stick is lovely, silver and black, gleaming and modern.

It is supremely practical in that it is very lightweight and it folds down to become small enough to fit into a handbag.

The only practical issue that I have with the stick is that the handle (that all your weight rests upon) is a little too small - I would like to see this expanded by another 1cm diameter, in order to provide more stability in use. Hence only four stars.

In conclusion, this walking stick is almost ideal for a lady.

NB I would NOT recommend this stick for a gentleman because the handgrip is not overlarge.

Page: 1 | 2