Profile for T Brown > Reviews

Content by T Brown

T Brown

The Collected Works of Oscar Wilde (Wordsworth Library Collection)
The Collected Works of Oscar Wilde (Wordsworth Library Collection)
by Oscar Wilde
Price: 8.39

1.0 out of 5 stars The most important line from Wilde.....mis-written, 28 April 2011
The book itself looks very impressive. Hardback with the gold lettering is very impressive as is the collection of works included. However when i came to read The Importance of Being Earnest, i noticed that the most famous line ever written by Wilde has been missed out. The line from Lady Bracknell in response to Jack stating that he has lost both his parents, reads, "Both...that seems like carelessness." rather than the line we all know it should say.

I know giving this 1 star may seem a bit harsh but it is such a crucial error.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 31, 2012 5:02 PM BST

Logitech Harmony 300i
Logitech Harmony 300i

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful, 19 April 2011
This review is from: Logitech Harmony 300i (Accessory)
I don't usually bother with reviews on Amazon but felt I had to say a few words about just how good this product is.

I have a LG TV, Panasonic Freesat HD plus box and a Panasonic Home Theatre system, all of which are now fully controlled by this one Loigtech remote. Setup os so easy, you just need to register on Logitech's website and download the software which takes no time at all and is very easy.

Then all you need to do is type in the model number's of your devices and connect the to your PC with the included cable and it syncs it all together for you.

Following this very easy set up, there is a little trial and error involved to make sure all the relevant buttons on all the old remotes are accounted for but the software is so easy and user friendly that it really doesn't take long. For example, during the first few days of use, I was finding the odd button that hadn't been programmed but i just connected the remote to the PC and in a few seconds it was all sorted.

The WATCH TV button is really good as you can program which devices you want to switch on with one button. For example, I now click the WATCH TV button and my TV, Freesat box and Surround Sound speakers all switch on together.

Just remember that you need to click the relevant button for the device you're using before using the remote buttons, For example, I press CABLE/SAT button in order to control the Freesat box, but if i wanted to adjust sound settings on my Surround Sound, i would need to press the AUX button before doing so.

I have had no problems whatsoever with this remote, it has allowed me to permenantly get rid of my other 3 remotes which were just getting in the way. For anyone who has upto 4 devices and wants to have just one remote, i would highly recommend this product. It has the added bonus of the red, green, yellow and blue buttons which the much more expensive Harmony One doesn't have.

If you've any questions about this device feel free to ask.
Cheers

Panasonic SC-PT480EB-K 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System
Panasonic SC-PT480EB-K 5.1 DVD Home Cinema System

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound....but need remote codes, 6 April 2011
I ordered this product at 5pm on 4th March and it arrived at 11am on 5h March. Once again unbeatable service by amazon.

As for the product itself, the set up is pretty straightforward and took me about 30mins to have the whole thing up and running. I tested the product by watching The Matrix and was absolutely blown away (nearly literally) by the 1000w of sound. The speakers are small which I like as the don't stand out too much but the sound is excellent. I can also now watch all my DVDs with surround sound and in full 1080p HD as the product upscales DVDs to HD quality.

The iPod cradle was a big selling point for me especially as you can control the iPod from the remote. Speaker cable length is more than sufficient for my room but you can always buy extension cables if your room is very big. I can also now free up space by getting rid of my stereo as I can play CDs through this product and also bought a phono cable to connect my record player as well.

I have a 42" LG TV and a Panasonic Freesat + HD box. HDMI cable from product to TV and Optical Digital Audio cable from Freesat Box to Product. Simple as that. There are plenty of different options and controls for the surround sound which is down to your own taste at the end of the day but the manual explains what each setting is best suited for.

Does anyone know how I can control my LG TV with this panasonic remote??? Thanks