Profile for Mach 1 > Reviews

Mach 1 (Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
mercury 703.212 30 W Ceramic Soldering Iron
mercury 703.212 30 W Ceramic Soldering Iron

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect for tiny- gauge railway model electronics, 18 Jan. 2015
I saw the reviews for this iron and thought that some folks were maybe a little over-enthusiastic about it. But now that I've used it myself, I have to join their cheering ranks. It's a cutie and well worth the small amount of money I paid. It's perfect for tiny- gauge railway model electronics. Strongly recommended.

Maypole 730 20A Metal Battery Charger 12/24V
Maypole 730 20A Metal Battery Charger 12/24V

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaty battery charger, 26 Dec. 2014
A heavy duty battery charger which is absolutely fit for purpose. It's weighty enough do bicep-building with it should you so desire!

6ft Folding Trestle Table, Fold-away Legs, FT141
6ft Folding Trestle Table, Fold-away Legs, FT141
Offered by Folding Tables UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for purpose!, 26 Dec. 2014
The fact that this table is non-folding guarantees a dead flat surface - which is vital for a micro model railway layout.
I was surprised by the build quality of this item which is excellent for the money. Initially, the carriage cost looked a little steep but when I discovered the weight and bulk of the table plus the fact that it arrived so quickly, the delivery price was
entirely reasonable

Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome
Dualit 89200 Mini Oven, Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars I BOUGHT BRITISH!, 12 Jan. 2014
This simple oven may take some getting used-to for those who have only been using standard modern cookers with their overpriced (and very fallible) bells and whistles. So be prepared to invest a little patience.

We needed a backup for our solid-fuel range and having had an unbreakable Dualit toaster for fifteen years, the 89200 Mini Oven fitted the bill. Using an oven thermometer repeatedly at first to confirm that the device did indeed reach and retain the specified temperatures (and it does), it's then just a matter of finding the right utensils to fit inside the oven. Fortunately, we've never needed to rely on cooking timers - I mean, the food just cooks and if you keep your eye on it, you know when its ready. So whether or not the Dualit timer is accurate doesn't seem to be important.

The oven has had some serious weapons-grade testing since purchase, and has cooked perfectly every time. If you're thinking about buying a durable mini oven then go British.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2014 7:30 PM BST

BT 4000 Cordless Big Button Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker
BT 4000 Cordless Big Button Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker

5.0 out of 5 stars IMPRESSED WITH THIS, 12 Jan. 2014
Purchased this for an audio-visually impaired person who found it exceptionally easy to use. When I took it round to him and set it up (that was easy too), I too was impressed by the phone's useful ergonomic design features and user-friendly operation. In fact, when my own landline phone system gives up the ghost I think I'll invest in a couple of these. It strikes me that this phone is not just for the elderly and infirm: everybody should have one. Try one and you'll see what I mean!

Samsung UE22F5400 22-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Slim Smart LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars SLIM, COMPACT AND EASY TO USE, 11 Nov. 2013
These things are a steal at the new price of £189. But first, a word about the courier: I chose Amazon's free Super Saver delivery option when I ordered the TV. and it arrived the next day! So, well done Yodel.

If you're familiar with smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc. then setup and operation of this television is intuitive and easy. You'll be up and running smoothly in no time. In common with many thin flat TVs, the sound is a bit iffy, but is easily rectified by adding a pair of decent USB speakers (In my case, GOgroove SONAwave O2). With regard to recording programmes, Samsung are a little ambivalent about using USB flash drives - recommending instead, the use of a 5200rpm external hard drive. However, the TV formatted and then self-tested a spare 64gb flash drive I had lying around. The stick passed the test and is now happily recording and playing back TV programmes. There's no need to mention the television's smart attributes because they're already well documented. Anyway, they'll become apparent immediately you switch on.

In conclusion, this item is ideal for adding to your existing fleet of entertainment devices around the house.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 12:32 AM GMT

GOgroove SonaVERSE O2 USB 2.0 Multimedia Computer Speakers / Dual Stereo System with Powerful Side-Firing Passive Subwoofers & Volume Control Switch - Works with PC , Apple MAC , Dell , HP , Lenovo , VIBOX , Zoostorm , Cyberpower , LG , Acer , Fierce Laptop & Desktop Computers
Offered by Accessory Genie

5.0 out of 5 stars SUBSTANTIAL BUILD AND SUBSTANTIAL SOUND, 10 Nov. 2013
These speakers are quality items and surprisingly heavy for their size. I use them to provide a bigger and richer sound on a Smart HDTV - and they fulfill that function perfectly.

Care is needed when unpacking and handling the units because the side-mounted woofers could be susceptible to damage if mistreated. No hesitation in highly recommending these speakers.

Dimplex Microfire (Golden Eye) Red
Dimplex Microfire (Golden Eye) Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-standard review, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Dimplex Microfire (Golden Eye) Red
I ordered 2 (1 red, i black) of these fires from DBA Electric. Unfortunately, the supplier suffered a series of traumas culminating in non-delivery. However, I must stress that a refund was swiftly forthcoming.
BUT...because I needed the microfires urgently, I managed to purchase 2 cube-shaped items locally. Apart from the shape, these products are identical in quality and performance to the Golden Eye models that I originally required, On that basis, I can report that both fires are working well and are ideal for my specific requirements.

Trademarket New Replacement Laptop Battery For Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545 1440 1750 TYPE HP297 J399N K450N M911G RU586 [Li-ion 6-cell 5200mAh]
Offered by TradeMarket

5.0 out of 5 stars Value For Money, 31 July 2013
Like other reviewers, I also found this to be excellent value for money and shipping was prompt. There's very sensible installation advice in the leaflet that came with it; buyers are advised to read it carefully.

If this lasts as long as the original Dell battery (5 years) I'll be very well pleased.

SMSL SA-S1 - Tripath TA2020 20W*2 Audio Stereo Class-T HiFi Digital Amplifier HI-FI T-AMP Glod

5.0 out of 5 stars SURPRISING QUALITY, 31 July 2013
The SMSL SA-S1 TA2020 Tripath amp seems to have been mysteriously overlooked by the Mini-Amp Appreciation Society: The big noise about Lepai has drowned it out.
I have twin Lepai 20-20+ amps running one of my audio systems and wanted another amp for a separate project. I saw this SMSL from Hossen on Amazon UK in July for £27.66 with free shipping so I decided to try one instead of yet another Lepai.
Very impressive! For a start, it's smaller and chunkier than a Lepai and the build quality is superior. The front panel is simple and aesthetically pleasing. There's no need for any extraneous bass and treble filters because the output is tight, clean and 'bassy' and most certainly on a par (probably even better when burned in) than the legendary Lepai 20-20+. The channel balance is also perfect.
There's no power supply with this unit, which is a good thing because many of the PSUs shipped with 12vDC amps are unsuitable, preventing you from getting the very best out of the equipment. If you need to use the mains supply, good quailty regulated PSUs are available for around a fiver - don't pay more!
Shipping from Singapore was pretty quick and I'm not sure if I got one of the last units from Hossen cos I can't see any other SMSL SA-S1s advertised at £27.66. I guess you can always contact them to find out.
If you DO manage to buy one, check out the instruction leaflet that comes with it: The English translation from Shenzhen Shuang Electronics is comprehensible but incredibly flowery! Example: '...will give you a noble vision, hearing, feeling...' That statement is true, so I recommend that you get one ASAP.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3