Profile for Mr. K. Chaplin > Reviews

Content by Mr. K. Chaplin

Mr. K. Chaplin (Wycombe, UK)

Bigjigs Toys BJ771 Cradle Swing
Bigjigs Toys BJ771 Cradle Swing
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust but hard to get my baby out, 29 April 2014
Very robus and feels secure. The only downside is thatnit can be hard to get my baby out of, as the sea leg space is a bit narrow.

The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper
The ExecutionerTM Fly Swat Wasp Bug Mosquito Swatter Zapper

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 29 April 2014
Very effective on flies, and great fun as well. Functions as advertised and is a good alternative to smelly fly spray.

PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger
PortaPow Crystal 4.2A USB Universal Charger
Offered by PortaPow

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good travel charger, 29 April 2014
Very good charger, with clear indication of each ports activity.

Sometimes my phones when fully charged will cause the led to oscillate, which can be mildly annoying in the middle of the night in a hotel room, however this is minor and far oughtweighed by the usefullness ofbthis product.

Nice quick carge on my Blackberry Bold, ipad ( original), iphone 4 snd Samsung Galaxy Note. No complaints.

Unix Network Programming: Sockets Networking API v. 1 (Addison-Wesley Professional Computing)
by W. Richard Stevens

4.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, 16 Aug. 2008
This book is very informative, and an excellent reference to sockets programming. I refer to it time and time again, and is a welcome addition to my bookshelf.

The Best "Best Man" (The wedding collection)
The Best "Best Man" (The wedding collection)
by Jacqueline Eames

1.0 out of 5 stars Is this the best book for the job? No., 16 Aug. 2008
I got this book soley to help me write the best man's speech - unfortunately it did not deliver.

This book reminded me more of a nagging relative than a truely informative book. The book, especially in the "Best Man's speech" section is more a list of "don't do this, and don't do that" - a lot of which I find conflicts with other recommendations.

I'm afraid I got very little from this book, and it is off to ebay, while I try to find something that is a better guide.