Profile for keith rogers > Reviews

THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNATIONAL WELSH RALLY
THE HISTORY OF THE INTERNATIONAL WELSH RALLY
by MARK GRIFFIN and MARTIN LEONARD

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for rally enthusiasts., 30 Aug 2014
If you a rally fan of a certain vintage this book will bring back many happy memories of the days when the impecunious clubman could participate in an International rally. It is very well set out with superb rare photographs and an excellent historic record of what was once the most popular rally in the entire calendar. Mark Griffin and Martin Leonard are to be congratulated on producing such a superb book.

Springtime in Talygarn - Sex for the Over 60s
Springtime in Talygarn - Sex for the Over 60s

5.0 out of 5 stars Would make a good TV comedy., 15 April 2014
This is a very funny story that had me laughing quite a lot. If the people who made the Gavin & Stacy series got hold of this they could make it into a hilarious TV comedy. Excellent value for money!

Breaking Bad - Season 2 [DVD]
Breaking Bad - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Bryan Cranston
Offered by mmglobal3

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 13 Feb 2014
I have now seen all the Breaking Bad series and rate it one of the best dramas I have ever seen. Beware, once you start it is addictive and leads to many late nights. The temptation to "let's see one more episode" is very strong. A sad day indeed when the final episode comes to an end as there is nothing else available that is anywhere near as good.

First Tango In Paris
First Tango In Paris

4.0 out of 5 stars Erotic fantasy?, 13 Feb 2014
Promiscuous does not do justice to a description of Emma Styles if all her adventures in "First Tango In Paris" are true. A good erotic read but a little far fetched in places. There again, perhaps I have led too far sheltered a life!

The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars
The Junior Officers' Reading Club: Killing Time and Fighting Wars

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 13 Feb 2014
Patrick Hennessey brought out the realism of life in the Army, from the boredom of doing very little to the horrors of close combat in Afghanistan. I now have a better understanding of how so many of our troops returning from combat suffer from Post Traumatic Stress disorders. As he says, "unless you have been there you will never understand". Perhaps so but he has certainly gone a long way to illustrate what must be major life changing experiences for so many of our troops. This is certainly one of the best military books I have read and strongly recommend it to all those interested in military life.

Philips Sonicare HX7002/16 Elite Toothbrush Heads 2-Pack
Philips Sonicare HX7002/16 Elite Toothbrush Heads 2-Pack
Offered by Megga Distribution

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb 2013
A very good product, easy to use. I am puzzled as to why they allow water into the brush body when being rinsed as they appear to be quite well sealed. A minor point which does not detract from performance.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 14 Feb 2013
These are my shoe of choice when walking the dog out in the fields or simply to wear in wet weather. I would have liked to have seen deeper cleats on the soles to give better grip in slippery conditions, this is my only reason for not giving five stars.

Apache
Apache

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Apache (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished reading this book and found it an eye opening account of what it is like to be an Apache pilot. These guys are very special and I now have a new found respect for those who fly them. Forget the b......t written in the press about Prince Harry, to become a pilot on one of these things he must be one gifted dude with skills most people cannot imagine.
The technical aspects of the Apache are truly amazing, particularly its ability to let the pilots have such an incredible vision of what is going on on the ground and its immense strength and firepower. This extraordinary surveillance ability also applies to all the other aircraft mentioned in the book, I never realised that they have the ability to see so much, even in darkness. I also never realised how accurately they can programme their ordinance.
The final chapters of the book dealing with the rescue attempt for the fallen Royal Marine commando held me spellbound,forget James Bond, this is real life in the raw, I was terrified just sitting on my sofa!
I now have two suggestions,one, make this book into a film,secondly, translate it into whatever language the Taliban speak and distribute it to them freely. If that does not deter them nothing will.

Jack Reacher (One Shot)
Jack Reacher (One Shot)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 11 Feb 2013
This was the first Jack Reacher for me to read and I found it very enjoyable. I like the character and I liked the plot, it kept me guessing until the end. I am now going to read more Lee Child and in particular the Jack Reacher series.

Universal Garage Gate Cloning Remote Control 433MHZ from Tecmania
Universal Garage Gate Cloning Remote Control 433MHZ from Tecmania
Offered by Tecmania

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 11 Feb 2013
Needing two new remote controls I baulked at the £40 price tag (each) asked for by the original maker and decided to try the Tecmania product. I initially ordered one. This worked perfectly. On the strength of this I ordered a further two. These failed to copy but after contacting Tecmania via Amazon they sent another two. These also failed and I was then advised by Tecmania to try cloning them from the successful clone. Bingo! It worked, as did one of those from my second order so I now have three working perfectly.
What I find amazing is that these remotes are so much better quality than the originals for so little money. If Tecmania tested them before despatch (I am assuming they do not) they would earn a five star rating. A good buy.

Page: 1 | 2