Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 189

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Mould and Mildew Remover Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely no effect., 30 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rubbish. Didn't work at all. Sprayed it on a black spot in the corner of my shower (which appeared after water gathered behind a shampoo bottle I'd left standing there for a long while), and it had absolutely no effect.

I was rather disappointed as I'm trying to sell my house and have wanted rid of this annoying black blight for some time. I had high hopes for this product but I might have well have just sprayed it with bottled air - the result would have been the same.

Everyone else seems to be raving about this product so I'm not sure why it hasn't worked for me, which makes me even more annoyed. I was really quite excited about this product and feel very let down. I'll probably give it another try, but I'm not expecting any different results.

Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V
Tacwise 50mm Brad Nailer. Air Nail Gun. DGN50V

3.0 out of 5 stars The need for an additional air compressor lets it down., 29 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Tacwise Nail Gun I've been sent for review and just like the last one, this one comes in a nice protective carry case for you to keep the gun I and take on-site.

Also, just like the last one, it does a very good job of firing nails into the materials that need fixing. It does, however, also differ in a number of ways...
The first way it's differs is that this model looks a lot better. The other model I was sent looked a bit budget but I think the design team hit the nail on the head here. the black, gripped handle just seems to lift the look of the whole unit.

However, I preferred the convenience of the other model as there was no need for an additional air compressor. It's not something that I had to hand and had to borrow from a friend to test the unit out.

If this isn't an issue for you, you might be very happy with this unit but for the part time DIYer, I'd suggest looking at their other models.

RSPCA Burgess Guinea Nuggets, 2 Kg
RSPCA Burgess Guinea Nuggets, 2 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Eaten quite happily by two guinea pigs I know., 23 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My boss bought his kids some guinea pigs for Christmas, so I thought I'd get these to review. I went round to supervise the feeding and can confirm that the fat little fur balls gobbled them up greedily. They seem to be a success. Not the most in depth review, I know, but I'm not a vet or am I an expert on guinea pigs.

PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box
PetSafe ScoopFree Ultra Self-Cleaning Litter Box

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the Holy Grail of cat poop I'd hoped it would be., 12 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sadly, this is not the Holy Grail of cat owners which I'd hoped it would be - that being, the self-cleaning litter box; something I'd been looking into for a number of years. However, a combination of factors put me off buying one these being: too much choice, poor reviews, huge sizes and extortionate prices. I'd eyed up many different models but in the end stuck with scooping poop myself. So you can imagine the thrill when I was offered one of these to try for free, though sadly that joy was short-lived.

So what are the problems? Firstly, let's address the elephant in the room. Price. These things are not only super expensive to buy, they're super-duper expensive to maintain as you have to keep buying litter refills. And with two cats, that's going to end up costing me about £30 a month according to the manufacturers guidelines. That's a lot!

Secondly, I found placement a problem. At present, my cats' trays are located on the landing, and nowhere near a plug socket. For me - this is a real issue as I don't want a litter tray in my living room or bedroom.

The tray worked well and is very clever - it's smell-free and feature-packed - but it just isn't for me because of the reasons I've outlined above: It's inpractical in my household and I don't want to pay through the nose for the inconvenience of having it. For now, at least, litter boxes are just one of the many commitments we're stuck with if you want to share your one with a cat. Deal with it.

Telling the Story: The Heart and Soul of Successful Leadership
Telling the Story: The Heart and Soul of Successful Leadership
by Geoff Mead

4.0 out of 5 stars Am interesting and useful read., 5 Jan. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's no secret that stories can be powerful motivational tools, and that they've had an important part part to play in human society since the days when our ancestors told them sat round camp fires, eating wooly mammoth. This book shows you how you can use them to inspire, teach, energise, maximise and motivate in the world of business.

I really liked it. I found it packed with information that could be useful in a number of situations and scenarios; and not just in the workplace. I' still working my way through it, but so far it's proving to be a very worthwhile read.

El Nino [DVD]
El Nino [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jesús Castro

4.0 out of 5 stars Different and good. Worth a watch., 24 Dec. 2014
This review is from: El Nino [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I quite enjoyed this film about a group of young Gibraltan friends who decide to try their hands at drug running, shipping ever-increasing quantities of banned substances across the Gibralter Strait.

The cast are good, as is the acting and the lead - Niño - is quite a cool character. There are quite a few threads to the story which all, more-or-less, manage to come together in a satisfactory way - even if a few of them feel a little hurriedly tied together.

The film is nice to watch too - being filmed on location in Spain, Morroco and Gibralter. All in all, El Niño was a good attempt at a film which wasn't your usual, cliched, Scar Face, drug dealer film, but an altogether more mature affair which showed another piece of the narcotic jigsaw.

Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. Not sure if these are gold?, 9 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cheap, poor quality HDMI cable, I'm afraid. I've paid upwards of £30 for an HDMI lead before and, seeing this was a lead with gold HDMI connectors, I ordered it expecting a high quality item.

What I got was a lead that came in a plastic bag with connections that didn't look as if they were gold at all. I don't have a science lab at home, so couldn't test them to see if they were, but they certainly don't look it.

If you're after a cheap cable then fine - otherwise look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 9:21 PM GMT

Belkin 1.2 m Lightning-to-USB Braided Tangle Free Cable with Aluminium Connectors for iPad, iPod, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 & 6 Plus - Gold (MFI Approved)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality braided lead., 8 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good quality charging lead for your iPhone or iPad. The wire is braided, giving the item a luxury feel and it come nicely presented in magnetised box. I'm not a huge fan of the champagne-gold colour, but other than that it' so great item. The lead is 1.2 m in length, giving you plenty of length to play with.

The braided wire means that, not only is the cable tangle-free, it should last longer than an Apple lead which can be prone to weakening and falling apart where the wire joins the connectors.

Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium
Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars A great item but bulky., 7 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My uncle got a juicer years ago and has been singing its praises ever since, so I was keen to try this out. I had a JML magic bullet, which I used a lot when training - but, it has also spent prolonged periods sitting in the cupboard unused. I was keen to see if this would be any different.

The first major and most obvious difference is this juicer's size (it's also the only reason it gets 4 stars and not 5). It's pretty big and can't be stowed away in a cupboard like the magic bullet if, after a month or so, I start to use it less. The other main difference is that this really does juice things; it turns anything you put into it into a smooth liquid - whereas the Magic bullet was more of a smoothie maker and drinks often had a textured to them.

Using the juicer is dead easy. You it on, stick stuff in the out and push it down with the poking thingy - et voila - it's blitzed into liquid. The skins and pulps of the stuff you juic is collected in a tray, and the juice runs out of a spout and into a special collection cup which is provided. You can then put this in the fridge or pour it into glasses etc.

My first concoction tasted very 'vegetabl like' but was also paletteable and with a little research I'm confident I can make some nice drinks with this. Cleaning was super easy (which I didn't think it would be) and all in all, I love it. If only it was a little smaller. That's my only niggle.

Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good light bulb., 6 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Verbatim light bulb I've reviewed (the other being a spot light) and I like this one just as much as the other - I think their design is very nice. Not only that, they offer some real advantages over standard bulbs, such as a longer life and energy efficiency.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the colour it gives off - it's a little too coloured for my tastes, I prefer a plain white light but otherwise it's very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20