Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 173

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center
Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and stimulating addition to my cats' toys., 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite my reservation about this idea, it actually turned out to be quite a good product which, I think, does what it claims to do: Engage your cat's brain and make it work for its treats. That said, it's not without its shortcomings.

First of all, I have two cats and one of them (ironically the dumber of the two) managed to sue everything out long before the other cat and so ate most of the treats - but, assuming you only have one cat this won't be a problem.

Also, some of the puzzle are a little too small for bigger pawed cats like my Bengals, but this wasn't a major issue and they still go their chow. Eventually

The unit consist of 6 'puzzles' which you simply drop a couple of treats into. You cat (or cats) then paw and claw at these to get them out; and there is a bit of working out for them to do too.

There's an addition of a rolling ball which runs around the edge of the track which, although my cats enjoyed, I'm not sure is needed and just confuses matters. For instance, my cat was playing with it and knock a treat out of one of the puzzles - it then thought that was how you got the food and just kept whacking the ball and going back to see if more food had fallen out (this was the smart one).

The tube typ puzzle they just ripped off altogether, but still - this was fun to watch and fun for the cats. I think it was very stimulating for them. There's a temptation to put lots of treats in, which perhaps isn't healthy for them, so be aware of that, but otherwise me and my doggies liked it a lot.

iPhone 5 Wallet Case - Holds 9 Cards - Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather - Tan - Quickdraw by Huskk
Offered by HUSKK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A top quality item, 25 Nov 2014
The Huskk was given to me free to review by its manufacturers and enters an already saturated marketplace - that of protective cases for your iPhone - so let's take a look. It isn't the first design to attempt the case/wallet combo, but is it the best?

Well, I'd probably say so. It's not much different to others I've come across, but it does feel like a much more luxury item. Even the box it arrives and is presented in is very nice and, in the run-up to Christmas, means this would make a lovely gift someone.

Like most of these types of cases, the design is based around your standard, plastic, protective iPhone case that snaps onto your phone - however, Huskk have covered theirs in that kind of rubbery coating which I absolutely love. It gives items a soft, silky, luxury feel. The case, as with most of this type, provide access to all your phones features like volume controls, on/off switches and so on.

The wallet part of the phone is what really sets it apart though and gives it its high-end feel. The wallet is made from gorgeous Italian tanned leather and provides ample space for your credit cards (it holds up to 8 according to the manufacturer).

As well as providing space for your cards, there's an extra compartment (which is secured by a magnet) where you can stash your receipts or bank notes; the back of which is lined with good quality material in a striped pattern - again adding to the quality feel of this item. My one complaint here though, is that, perhaps, the magnet could be a little stronger.

Leaving aside the merits and potential disadvantages of the idea of combining your iPhone case and your wallet, I'd say the Huskk is an excellent example of this kind of case. I'd say go for it. It's a gorgeous item which I'm happy to recommend.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars? I thought it was rubbish., 19 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While this product is easy to use, I question how effective it is and whether it's really a spray designed (or should that be concocted) for dealing with pet odours.

Why? Because you could argue it smells worse than the odour its trying to remove and the back of the bottle describes it as fit for use of the removal of all sorts of common (and uncommon) household stains.

This last point makes me question how safe it is for use around animals, but one assumes (and hopes) it's been tested and proved safe etc.

So, did it work. It's hard to say comprehensively at this point in time, as I tested it on an area I'd already previously treated with a Simple Solution odour remover - a product which I know to usually work very well and which actually leaves a lovely smell behind.

However, on this occasion the Simple Solution had left a slight odour behind so we'll see if this stuff shifts it and I'll get back to you.

RESULTS: Yeah, really not a fan. Smelt worse after using the spray in my opinion - it just replaced the smell of cat pee with another foul smell which was even more offensive and I'm not sure the a spray is the most effective form of delivery either. I doubt the mist can penetrate carpets etc. O'm sticking with Simple Solutions.

IPOW iPhone 5/5s/5c iPod Touch 5 Sport Armband Belt Strap Band Sleeve Case Cover Pouch + Key Holder for Running Jogging Gym Cycling Workout, 2 pack(Hot pink + Black)
Offered by soaiy

3.0 out of 5 stars Double stitching would have been better., 14 Nov 2014
I was supplied this item free for review, and here's what I found. The iPow is an acceptable iPod or smartphone armband, with a few cool features - but it is not perfect.

It is functional and more than upto the job asked of it. I like the fact that there are some thoughtful extras (like reflective detailing to help you stand out on the roadside while running in the dark, and a space to hold your locker key in).

And although the materials used seemed to be of pretty good quality, the build quality wasn't excellent, which is why I'm only going to give it 3 stars. My main problem was everything was single-stitched which makes me question its durability and how long it would last under repeated use. Otherwise, it's a very good item.

Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
Colgate C350 ProClinical Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush

3.0 out of 5 stars Just too budget to deliver real sonic cleaning., 12 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having tried, tested and reviewed quite a few electronic toothbrushes now, I've become something of an expert. And as one other reviewer points out, there are basically two type: Sonic toothbrushes - such as the Sonicare by Phillips and the more mechanical type from Oral B, made by Braun.

Personally, I much prefer the sonic type as I think they deliver a superior clean, however this comes at a price as they are far from cheap. In fact electronic brushes as a whole can be extremely expensive, but the Sonicare brushes can take that expense to a whole new level.

What we have here is a brush which attempts to deliver sonic cleaning on a budget. And not just a budget, but at a price that would rival even Oral B's mechanical toothbrushes. So does it succeed? Well, yes and no.

I think they have gone a step too far and sacrificed too much quality and too many features of this unit. I think they would have been better pitching this at the mid level price bracket and creating a toothbrush that could really compete with the Soncicare range in both quality, features and price point. What they've done though, is go the budget route.

This means Colgate have created a brush which lacks the build quality of the both the Oral B and Sonicare ranges, as well as the cleaning power and the features. And at this price, I'd rather buy an Oral B.

Petmate Portion Right Programmable Pet Feeder, 2.25 Kg, Brushed Nickel
Petmate Portion Right Programmable Pet Feeder, 2.25 Kg, Brushed Nickel

2.0 out of 5 stars If the first bite is with the eye..., 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If the first bite is with the eye, then this will put the cats right off their food because an uglier unit couldn't have been designed. The colour is rank, the design is rank, it's lines are rank and the whole unit is an eyesore. However, leaving that aside...

The unit works well and is easy to put together - in fact, it fits together in under a minute. However, it'lol be a while before you get to use it unless you some batteries lying about because non are supplied, which was annoying.

The unit holds plenty of kibble, in fact the whole thing is massive! Frighteningly so! It was almost the same size as my kibble storage container which holds one of those big potato-sack-sized bags of food.

In the end I don't think this unit is for me and my cats. Firstly, I think it's ugly as hell. Secondly, it' stood big to use and have out all the time, and I don't go away enough to warrant having this stored in the cupboard for my trips away. and thirdly, I much prefer the idea of friends popping in to feed my cats so they have a bit of company, and my friends can change their water check they're OK.

Creative Sound Blaster E1 USB Sound Card with Portable Headphone Amplifier
Creative Sound Blaster E1 USB Sound Card with Portable Headphone Amplifier

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy a Fiio E7 or Fiio Andes E17 instead., 5 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As an owner of a Fiio E7 headphone amp myself, my review is going to echo, almost word for word, another reviewer’s on here: buy one of them instead.

I couldn't get the drivers to work on my Mac, and the whole unit looks and feels really cheap; especially when compared to my Fiio.

The Fiio can be bought for around the same price of bought secondhand on eBay or about twenty quid more if you buy one new on Amazon. Believe me that will be money well spent - they're not even in the same league.

Chinese Puzzle [DVD]
Chinese Puzzle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Romain Duris

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I want to watch the prequals., 3 Nov 2014
This review is from: Chinese Puzzle [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Chinese Puzzle is a feel good rom-com which benefits from a great cast. I hadn't heard anything about this film yet, apparently, it's the final instalment of a trilogy - Did this spoil my enjoyment of it? Not at all, in fact it's i spired me to hunt out and watch it's prequels as I rather enjoyed it. and that's saying a lot as rom-cons are definitely NOT my thing!

Tenvis iProbot3 HD 720P(1280x720) H264 Wireless Wifi IP Network CCTV Camera IR Cut 5x ZOOM Pan/Tilt PTZ, Day/Night Vision, Motion Detection/Alarm, iPhone & Android Mobile View (White)
Offered by GLOBALEBUY-UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustratingly close to brilliant., 1 Nov 2014
I must admit I was surprised by this product. Given it'so price point, I t's a lot better, and has a lot more features, than I expected. Until now, PTZ (Pan, Tilt, Zoom) CCTV cameras have been very expensive, so I was dubious of how good this would be, but it is good.

the images are clear, the PTZ features work well, and as with most CCTV cameras nowadays, you can download an app which allows you to view images on your work PC, tablet or smart phone. There' son HDR needed with images being recorded straight to a memory card (not included), and it even has some rather advance features like motion detection; and this is why it's so frustrating...

There' said trend amongst manufacturers to supply ridiculously short power leads with items, these days, often making impossible to place where you want. This almost renders them useless, and I feel this is the case with the Tenvis IProbot3. My Swann cameras come with over 20ft of power lead so you can place them anywhere but I found placement of this camera limited due to its short lead. For that I have to knock 2 a stars off what is potentially a 5 star item :-(

All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
All That Matters Is Past [DVD]
Dvd ~ Maria Bonnevie

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinarily good. A real gem., 29 Oct 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a great film. The opening was intense and set a scene which you're then compelled to find out the story behind. And so the story starts...

This is a dark, disturbing, thriller yet it's quite beautiful at the same time. It's tense and gruesome, yet it's childhood scenes are also quite comforting in an odd way.

It makes for a film which is always simmering, and you feel like you're in a roller coaster, climbing to the top. It keeps, going higher, and higher and higher, and you know that any minute now you're going to plummet over the edge.

The pace and tone of the film was just right, and it's characters extremely vivid, fleshed out and interesting. This is a must watch in my book.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20