Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 192

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmiGami DHG93 Tropical Bird & Beach House
AmiGami DHG93 Tropical Bird & Beach House

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fun for creative kids., 28 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I like the premise of this toy (or should I say, the Ami-Gami toy range as a whole) this is one of my least favourite that I've been sent for review. One reason being (much like the Scotty dog Ami-Gami toy I was sent that included a kennel) I'm not a fan of the tropical house that comes with this bird.

However, I'm a fully grown man, so hardly the target audience - if I was a young girl, I might like them more. As usual, the toy comes with a good selection of stickers and paper for you to use to decorate your new pal and keep even the most creative of kids entertained.

10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days!
by J.J. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag of greens., 20 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This isn't exactly what I'd hoped it would be, which was a book of interesting recipes for my juicer. Although it has a section with over 100 recipes in it, the bulk of the book is made up of other material - including advice on healthy eating, healthy living, and health recipes. There's also a lot of filler in it too though, like a chapter devoted purely to testimonials which, surely, can only be described as filler.

I didn't try the 10 day cleanse, and the book itself isn't really something I'd read but the few smoothi recipes I tried were OK. However, the book as a whole wasn't really what I was after.

Lavievert Felt Sleeve Laptop Case with Brown Leather Bag for Apple 13'' Macbook Air / Pro Cover 13'' Macbook Retina Pro Gray Sleeve
Offered by lavievert

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good but needs to be more robust., 18 Feb. 2015
I was sent this item to review, and while I like the style and design of the item, there are some problems with it. Mainly, that I question how much protection it will offer my expensive Apple laptop.

I would have like it to have a little more padding. As it stands, it feels a little thin and I question how much protection it offers my machine. Also, I'd have liked a zipper or some sort of fastening on the front pocket. Shame, because the styling and materials compliment my Apple machine nicely.

The case itself is made from a nice grey felt, and the clasp and corner trims are all real leather - the popper/festering is magnetised, too, which adds to the quality feels.

EDIT: I have since found that this makes a rather nice document case/carrier and I use it to keep loose (but important) papers safely stowed in my backpack. For this purpose, it's ideal. 3 stars as a laptop bag - 5 as a document carrier.

AmiGami Dog and Doghouse Set
AmiGami Dog and Doghouse Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Not my favourite Ami-Gami toy, but still great for kids., 18 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Dog and Doghouse Set (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I like the premise of this toy (or should I say, the Ami-Gami toy range as a whole) this is my least favourite of the ones I've been sent for review. The reasons being two-fold. I don't like the tartan pattern (although he is a Scotty dog) and I don't like the addition of the doghouse or kennel that comes with him.

Philips HR1832/41 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt, Red
Philips HR1832/41 Viva Collection Compact Juicer, 1.5 Litre, 500 Watt, Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact juicing. Concentrated healthiness., 17 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have this Phillips juicer's big brother which has revolutionised my life since I got it. This unit is exactly the same only smaller - which is great because, much as I love the other unit, I only have a small kitchen so space is at a premium. The only negative point is that this can't produce as much juice in one go as its big brother; but you there has to be a trade-off somewhere I guess.

Other than that, I love it. The design of these things is great and allows you to clean them in about 2 minutes flat. You just unclip the to 2 side fastenings and rinse. The unit breaks down into 4 parts which you just run under the tap. Simple as. The juice tastes great and really gives you a boost. I can't recommend them enough! Buy one and change your life!

AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures
AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Fox - Outstanding Owl!, 15 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Fox and Owl Figures (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I'm probably not the intended target market for these Ami-Gami figures, but I rather enjoyed them! This set is the second I've been sent to review and they fit rather nicely amongst my shelf of designer toys, like Labbits and Tokidoki Cactus Kids etc. etc.

The look and style of this item will appeal to anyone into the aforementioned collectables and the fact you have to create the main aspects of this toy yourself will appeal to anyone who is creative - especially big kids!

They're simple to customise and the results are quite spectacular. If I had one gripe however, it's the fact that not much thought has gone into the design of the stickers. They were quite poor to be honest; a bit twee and junvenile (but then again these are kids toys and not toys aimed at adults, so I can't judge them too harshly for that).

My last Ami-Gami toy was a giraffe and I really quite like these two little guys - the fox, in particular, is very cool.

Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
Offered by Sunvalleytek-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for your tunes in the shower!, 12 Feb. 2015
This is the second shower-proof BlueTooth speaker I've been sent to review recently, and while the other one perhaps looked less out of place in the bathroom, this one without a doubt performs better.

Although they both performed similar operations (they stick to the wall via a large suction cup and let you play, pause and skip tracks, whilst also letting you answer your mobile using BlueTooth), this has much better sound quality.

I found the sound to be quite impressive, in fact. It was well rounded, not to tinny, with good mids and a pretty respectable bass.

The speaker itself comes in some quite stylish packaging and has that lovely, silky, rubberised coating. The only small issue I have with it is it looks a bit out of place in a bathroom so, as much as I like the look of it, I'm not sure the styling is right for a bathroom - that's a matter of personal opinion though.

All in all, a great little device that works really well. The current price of £40 might be a bit steep for what it is, but I'm told that that will be reduced soon in which case I'd say go for it!

This item was sent to me free of charge to review and my views are honest and unbiased.

AmiGami Giraffe Figure
AmiGami Giraffe Figure

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to my collection of designer toys., 8 Feb. 2015
This review is from: AmiGami Giraffe Figure (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I'm probably not the intended target market for this item, but I rather enjoyed it! It also fits in rather nicely amongst my shelf of designer toys like Labbits and Tokidoki Cactus Kids etc. etc.

It's simple to customise and the results are quite spectacular. If I had one gripe however, it's the fact that not much thought has gone into the design of the stickers. They were quite poor to be honest; a bit twee and juvenile (although there were some good ones too - for instance, I gave my giraffe a Bowie-esque zig-zag on his eye).

Also, one other thing - you are given lots of bits to pop out and use to customise your figur but almost to many - because you should have been given two of each so you could make your design symmetrical - this I found really hindered my designs and I would of like less choice but two of each shape instead, for symmetry of design.

All in all though, a very different a cool little toy! I may even buy some more.

Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Laundry Cleanser Powder 990 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars For extreme cases only., 8 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Let's leave aside the argument about whether or not you actually need this item, and whether or not bacteria in your laundry is a threat, and assume you are a clean-freak or suffer from OCD and want to try and eradicate every bacteria that shares your living space; how good is this product then?

Well, I don't have a science lab in my home so can't really comment on its disinfectant qualities but will assume it does was it says on the tin and eradicate 99.9% of bacteria in your laundry - so full points there. My main issue with this item is how it's used.

I assumed (wrongly) that this would be a powder you added a small scoop to in the detergent tray of your washing machine, or something that went not the drum of your machine directly like those plastic balls you can fill with washing powder. What I discovered though, was that you have to add this stuff to water in your bathtub or sink and soak your garments for 5 minutes before putting them in the washing machine as normal.

Frankly, this just adds another chore to my already busy day and I neither have the time or energy, nor do I have that great a fear of bacteria, for me to do that on a regular basis.

I will keep the rest of this powder handy for extreme cases (like when my sweaty gym kit has been sitting in my kit bag for way too long) but I don't see it becoming part of my regular washing routine.

Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Fresh Mate 250 ml - Pack of 6
Aussie Shower Gel Body Wash Fresh Mate 250 ml - Pack of 6

5.0 out of 5 stars You'd be a flaming galah not to like it., 6 Feb. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Looking at the manufacturers on the back of the bottle, this stuff is about as Australian as a full-English breakfast, but it' still a nice shower gel to use.

The scent is quite sweet but not overly feminine (so blokes will be fine with it as will the sheilas) and the consistency is nice and thick, so it goes a long way and doesn't wash straight off your body - a problem I had with my last Lynx shower gel, which seemed particularly thin and would just glide off my body instantly before Its had a chance to foam it up. All in all, it possesses all the qualities I like in a shower gel and I'd happily buy it and use it again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 6, 2015 6:09 PM GMT