Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 183

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture perfect!, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a great little item! Or, I should say, set of items - because what we have here are a set of lenses for use with your smartphone that comes neatly packaged in its own little, sponge-lined protective case.

The lenses fit over your camera with ease. They're simply attached to the plastic clip which is then placed over the lense of the phone; and the results are surprisingly good!

You get three lenses to play with (macro, wide angle and fish-eye) and all seem to be manufactured to a high quality, and all are made from metal and glass - not plastic. This kit makes a great present - for friends or even for yourself.

Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
by Vincent Granville

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what I needed it to do., 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I never really wanted to become a Data Scientist, but what I did want to do was learn a little bit more about how data can help in the field of marketing. The book fulfilled that role. It wasn't packed with information in that area, but there was a section on it and that was all I hoped for really.

Aside from pointers in the field of marketing, the aspiring data miner will find a lot of info to keep them going in this book. I'd say it's a good buy.

Ferplast Predator Cat Toy, Orange
Ferplast Predator Cat Toy, Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars The cats absolutely loved it!, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow! What a hit with the cats this has been - in fact, it's been more than a hit with the cats, it's been a hit with me too because I've enjoyed watching them go mad chasing the little red 'mouses tail' about. At least, I think that's what the little red bit of rubber is meant to resemble.

But no matter, the result is the same - the cats go wild when I switch it on.

The unit is dead easy to assemble (just unscrew the top, slip the circular material over the top of the unit and replace the cap. Finally, just push the arm with the red mouse tail into place) and has 4 settings - slow, medium, fast and random - which you just cycle through by pressing a button.

The only reason this wouldn't be a 5 star item is because it takes 3 AA batteries (rather a lot for such a simple device) and they aren't included; luckily I had some in a drawer. However, the cats don't cate about such trivial matters and absolutely loved it, so 5 stars it is!

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T1282 Cyan
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T1282 Cyan

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect replacement cartridge., 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Worked fine. Easy to put in the printer and I got good results. Good colours. Recommended.

Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex RGB Gaming Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex RGB Gaming Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're a PC gamer, this mouse is the perfect addiction to your gaming arsenal! It looks awesome, has 6 programmable buttons and a strong, tough, braided USB cable for connection.

It's very responsive and looks super cool - my only grumble was that it felt a little light and was, perhaps, a little small in the hand for my liking - it was perfect for my girlfriend though!

It's a lot of money to spend on a mouse, so for serious gamers (or teenagers spending mum & dads money) only, but I can recommend it as a fine addition to help you pull off a plethora of head shots!

Braun SE810 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush
Braun SE810 Face Epilator and Facial Cleansing Brush

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall, it's done the trick - it's made her happy., 14 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's hard to say if this really works or not, but you know women - they're a sucker for anything which claims to make their skin look clearer, younger or fresher, so I guess if you look at it that way, it does it's job.

What I'm trying to say is, the missus is very happy with it.

It comes with a good selection of extras too, which makes it feel like a good quality product and adds to the whole unboxing experience.

dodocool® Portable 360° Rotation Universal Magnetic Vehicle Mount Air Vent Bracket Stand Holder for iPhone 6 6 Plus 5S 5 5C 4S 4 Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Smartphone GPS
Offered by KoKorest

4.0 out of 5 stars A very smart design. I just wish they'd gone the extra mile., 13 April 2015
This is so, so nearly a 5 star item in my opinion. I love it, it's exactly what I've been looking for a work incredibly well. the magnetic base slips into your air vent with ease and yet stays securely in place, and because it's magnetised you can then use it to hold you smartphone in place with ease.

All you do is stick one of the magnetic plates that are provided to the back of your phone or phone's case, or do as I did, and slip the plate in-between your case and phone. The phone can then be placed on the holder and stays in place. Simples!

It looks neat and works well and with the minimum of fuss. My only concern is will the magnetic plate scratch the back of my expensive iPhone and that's something that only time will tell. And that's why it only gets 4 stars.

In the instructions, the manufacturers say that the plate won't damage your phone, but who can be sure? If they had just put a little bit of felt on one side of the magnetic plate my mind would be put at ease and this would certainly get 5 stars. All in all, it's a smart, simple and very elegant solution.

Sound Intone Ip950 Adjustable Stereo Noise-cancelling Headphones with Microphone Over-ear Earphones Stylish Earbuds for Cellphone Smartphone Iphone/ipad/laptop/tablet/computer/etc. Headsets (white)
Offered by YOUISEE

3.0 out of 5 stars Personally, I'd question the other 5 star reviews., 11 April 2015
Like the other reviewers here, I was sent these headphones free of charge for review purposes too - however, unlike the other reviewers I cannot give them a 5 star rating; even if they are cheap. At this point, I should also point out that these headphones arrived with an incentive to leave a 5 Star review. A coupon offering reviewers a free reward for doing so... I'll leave you to draw your own conclusions on that one.

These are cheap headphones so I wasn't expecting the world, but cheap is the operative word here. Even from a distance that's how they look and on closer inspection this is confirmed. The plastic they're made from feels brittle and looks low-quality and the padding on the ear cups, although it doesn't to bad, does feel like cheap faux leather; I imagine this could get pretty sweaty when these headphones are worn for long periods.

However, it isn't all bad. The wire that connect the headphones to the headphone jack is braided, which not only looks and feels, it helps prevent tangling and is a characteristic of much more expensive models. Also, the cable has an inline remote and mic, and the headphone cups fold into the headband - again features usually associated with much more expensive models.

I had a problem with the 1/4 inch jack when plugging it into my iphone. The size of the jack meant I couldn't get it into the jack-hole without taking off the my iPhone's case; however, playing devil's advocate here, you could equally say that that is a design fault with my Apple iPhone case and perhaps it needs a slightly larger hole cut into it to allow access.

Soundwise, I wasn't all that impressed. In fact, I have had cheaper headphones which sound much better. Mostly, earbuds or in-ear headphones, but in the past I have also had some extremely good quality overhead cans which cost only slightly more than these, but sound a lot better. In the end - I think you get what you pay for. At £15 you'll probably be happy with your money's worth but I wouldn't pay anymore. As a set of emergency cans to tide you over for a weekend of train journey of something, they're fine - but if they're going to be your main set of headphones I'm not sure you'll be happy with them.
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 19, 2015 9:33 PM BST

Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement
Optimum Nutrition 330 g Watermelon Gold Standard Pre-Workout Supplement

3.0 out of 5 stars Not convinced., 7 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Although I use supplements to aid my training, I'm not a fan of all of them - some I like, others I really distrust and wonder what the hell is going into my body; I would say this is one of those concoctions.

I find creatine particularly disgusting and synthic tasting, and this contains creatine and - yup - tastes foul. In fact, when I saw that it was watermelon flavour I immediately knew it was going to taste grim.

Also, almost immediately after consumption, I got a wierd prickly sensation all over my body which sometimes happens when I consume certain brands of creatine. I guess that means it's doing something... But just what exactly?

Also, there was no instructions of when you take this? How long before you start your workout do you drink it? I waited for the prickly sensation to pass (about 30 mins) and started my workout but didn't notice any difference in the number of reps I did. To be honest, I remain unconvinced about this stuff.

Philips GC1020/70 EasySpeed Steam Iron with 70 g Steam Boost, 0.2 Litre, 1800 W, Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If, like me, you only occasionally do any ironing (I find a quick flick of the wrist when you take things out the washer and hang them up ensures your T-shirts are crease-free enough to wear) you don't really want to fork out a lot of money for an iron; and if that sounds like you, here's the answer.

This offering from Phillips is unbelievably good value for money. I think it looks great, has nice lines and all the features you need - like the option to blast creases with steam.

It's easy to use and to fill up, the only thing I'm not keen on is the colour - but for under twenty notes, I'm not going to grumble.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20