Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 184

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Guilty Gadgets ® - 5m 5 Metre HDMI to HDMI Cable Wire Lead Gold Connector Fast 1.4 Version High Speed With Ethernet Gold Connectors Cable for All Brands including Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, JVC, LG, Sharp, Plasma, LED, LCD, TV, HD, TV's, Xbox 360, PS3, SKY Digital, HDTV, Blu-Ray DVD Player, Philips, HMP2000, Apple TV, Virgin Tivo, Freesat, Freeview Box, Playstation 3, BT, Laptop, Desktop, Netbook, Surround Sound Systrem, Sky Box, F5, HDTV, Raspberry Pi, PS3, MHL, Projector
Offered by Guilty Gadgets

1.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm. Not sure if these are gold?, 9 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cheap, poor quality HDMI cable, I'm afraid. I've paid upwards of £30 for an HDMI lead before and, seeing this was a lead with gold HDMI connectors, I ordered it expecting a high quality item.

What I got was a lead that came in a plastic bag with connections that didn't look as if they were gold at all. I don't have a science lab at home, so couldn't test them to see if they were, but they certainly don't look it.

If you're after a cheap cable then fine - otherwise look elsewhere.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2014 9:21 PM GMT

Belkin 1.2 m Lightning-to-USB Braided Tangle Free Cable with Aluminium Connectors for iPad, iPod, iPhone 5, 5s, 5c, 6 & 6 Plus - Gold (MFI Approved)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality braided lead., 8 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a really good quality charging lead for your iPhone or iPad. The wire is braided, giving the item a luxury feel and it come nicely presented in magnetised box. I'm not a huge fan of the champagne-gold colour, but other than that it' so great item. The lead is 1.2 m in length, giving you plenty of length to play with.

The braided wire means that, not only is the cable tangle-free, it should last longer than an Apple lead which can be prone to weakening and falling apart where the wire joins the connectors.

Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium
Philips HR1863/01 Viva Collection Juicer, 2 Litre, 700 Watt, Brushed Aluminium

4.0 out of 5 stars A great item but bulky., 7 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My uncle got a juicer years ago and has been singing its praises ever since, so I was keen to try this out. I had a JML magic bullet, which I used a lot when training - but, it has also spent prolonged periods sitting in the cupboard unused. I was keen to see if this would be any different.

The first major and most obvious difference is this juicer's size (it's also the only reason it gets 4 stars and not 5). It's pretty big and can't be stowed away in a cupboard like the magic bullet if, after a month or so, I start to use it less. The other main difference is that this really does juice things; it turns anything you put into it into a smooth liquid - whereas the Magic bullet was more of a smoothie maker and drinks often had a textured to them.

Using the juicer is dead easy. You it on, stick stuff in the out and push it down with the poking thingy - et voila - it's blitzed into liquid. The skins and pulps of the stuff you juic is collected in a tray, and the juice runs out of a spout and into a special collection cup which is provided. You can then put this in the fridge or pour it into glasses etc.

My first concoction tasted very 'vegetabl like' but was also paletteable and with a little research I'm confident I can make some nice drinks with this. Cleaning was super easy (which I didn't think it would be) and all in all, I love it. If only it was a little smaller. That's my only niggle.

Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb
Verbatim 52602 LED Candle E14 4.5 Watt 350 lm Light Bulb

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good light bulb., 6 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the second Verbatim light bulb I've reviewed (the other being a spot light) and I like this one just as much as the other - I think their design is very nice. Not only that, they offer some real advantages over standard bulbs, such as a longer life and energy efficiency.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the colour it gives off - it's a little too coloured for my tastes, I prefer a plain white light but otherwise it's very good.

Verbatim 52608 GU10 5 Watt Light Bulb
Verbatim 52608 GU10 5 Watt Light Bulb

5.0 out of 5 stars These are the future!, 3 Dec 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
LEDs spotslights are definitely the way forward. I get offered them quite a lot by Amazon for review purposes and I always make sure I grab them.

Sure, they're 'energy efficient' which is great to know. But the real reason I've fallen in love with them is not because they save money and save the environment, it's because they last so much longer than the standard halogen spots.

As well as all these benefits, these ones from Verbatin look really nice too and give off a good, strong light. Recommended.

Hoover Blaze Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 3 Litre, 700 Watt - Black and Blue
Hoover Blaze Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 3 Litre, 700 Watt - Black and Blue
Offered by Electronics and Gadgets Direct Ltd (Xmas Delivery Guaranteed up to 22 Dec)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love the long hose., 26 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As far as vacuums go, this does the job. It sucks up dirt and dust with gusto. The thing I really like about it though is the extra long hose (13ft) which makes hoovering the stairs a doddle.

With my old Dyson (which wasn't an upright but one of those annoying things you pull along the floor) cleaning the stairs was a real pain. The hose didn't reach from the top of the stairs to the bottom and the unit was to big to balance on steps. This meant two things kept happening: multiple trips up and down the stairs to move it and the unit crashing halfway down the stairs.

Now it's so much easier. The only negative of this feature is the hose isn't always attached so you have to plug and unplug it when you want to use it, which is a shame.

It comes with an assortment of hose attachments too - all the usual suspects as well as one specially design for pet hair removal. However, I can really comment on how well that works as I've never really seen what the problem is with pet hair? It's never been harder than normal dust to pick up for me - but maybe that's because I live in a house with wooden flooring, not carpets?

As for its looks - I feel I should like them more, but I'm not convinced. The black, silver and blue colour way is certainly, modern and masculine (much like myself) but it just looks a little cheap to me. However, that's a matter of personal taste, so I won't mark the hoover down for that.

All in all, a great unit which has replaced my Dyson which, to be honest, I never thought was worth what I paid for it. I'd also always stick with an upright from now on. The Hoover Blaze has reminded me how much better they are.

Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center
Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun and stimulating addition to my cats' toys., 25 Nov 2014
This review is from: Edupet Cat Toy Cat Center (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Despite my reservation about this idea, it actually turned out to be quite a good product which, I think, does what it claims to do: Engage your cat's brain and make it work for its treats. That said, it's not without its shortcomings.

First of all, I have two cats and one of them (ironically the dumber of the two) managed to sue everything out long before the other cat and so ate most of the treats - but, assuming you only have one cat this won't be a problem.

Also, some of the puzzle are a little too small for bigger pawed cats like my Bengals, but this wasn't a major issue and they still go their chow. Eventually

The unit consist of 6 'puzzles' which you simply drop a couple of treats into. You cat (or cats) then paw and claw at these to get them out; and there is a bit of working out for them to do too.

There's an addition of a rolling ball which runs around the edge of the track which, although my cats enjoyed, I'm not sure is needed and just confuses matters. For instance, my cat was playing with it and knock a treat out of one of the puzzles - it then thought that was how you got the food and just kept whacking the ball and going back to see if more food had fallen out (this was the smart one).

The tube typ puzzle they just ripped off altogether, but still - this was fun to watch and fun for the cats. I think it was very stimulating for them. There's a temptation to put lots of treats in, which perhaps isn't healthy for them, so be aware of that, but otherwise me and my doggies liked it a lot.

iPhone 5 Wallet Case - Card Case for iPhone 5 by Huskk - High-End Premium Italian Vegetable Tanned Leather - Tan
Offered by HUSKK UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A top quality item, 25 Nov 2014
The Huskk was given to me free to review by its manufacturers and enters an already saturated marketplace - that of protective cases for your iPhone - so let's take a look. It isn't the first design to attempt the case/wallet combo, but is it the best?

Well, I'd probably say so. It's not much different to others I've come across, but it does feel like a much more luxury item. Even the box it arrives and is presented in is very nice and, in the run-up to Christmas, means this would make a lovely gift someone.

Like most of these types of cases, the design is based around your standard, plastic, protective iPhone case that snaps onto your phone - however, Huskk have covered theirs in that kind of rubbery coating which I absolutely love. It gives items a soft, silky, luxury feel. The case, as with most of this type, provide access to all your phones features like volume controls, on/off switches and so on.

The wallet part of the phone is what really sets it apart though and gives it its high-end feel. The wallet is made from gorgeous Italian tanned leather and provides ample space for your credit cards (it holds up to 8 according to the manufacturer).

As well as providing space for your cards, there's an extra compartment (which is secured by a magnet) where you can stash your receipts or bank notes; the back of which is lined with good quality material in a striped pattern - again adding to the quality feel of this item. My one complaint here though, is that, perhaps, the magnet could be a little stronger.

Leaving aside the merits and potential disadvantages of the idea of combining your iPhone case and your wallet, I'd say the Huskk is an excellent example of this kind of case. I'd say go for it. It's a gorgeous item which I'm happy to recommend.

Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml
Beaphar Spray Away Plus, 400ml

1.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars? I thought it was rubbish., 19 Nov 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While this product is easy to use, I question how effective it is and whether it's really a spray designed (or should that be concocted) for dealing with pet odours.

Why? Because you could argue it smells worse than the odour its trying to remove and the back of the bottle describes it as fit for use of the removal of all sorts of common (and uncommon) household stains.

This last point makes me question how safe it is for use around animals, but one assumes (and hopes) it's been tested and proved safe etc.

So, did it work. It's hard to say comprehensively at this point in time, as I tested it on an area I'd already previously treated with a Simple Solution odour remover - a product which I know to usually work very well and which actually leaves a lovely smell behind.

However, on this occasion the Simple Solution had left a slight odour behind so we'll see if this stuff shifts it and I'll get back to you.

RESULTS: Yeah, really not a fan. Smelt worse after using the spray in my opinion - it just replaced the smell of cat pee with another foul smell which was even more offensive and I'm not sure the a spray is the most effective form of delivery either. I doubt the mist can penetrate carpets etc. O'm sticking with Simple Solutions.

IPOW(TM) iPhone 5/5s/5c iPod Touch 5 Sport Armband Belt Strap Band Sleeve Case Cover Pouch + Key Holder for Running Jogging Gym Cycling Workout, 2 pack(Hot pink + Black)
Offered by soaiy

3.0 out of 5 stars Double stitching would have been better., 14 Nov 2014
I was supplied this item free for review, and here's what I found. The iPow is an acceptable iPod or smartphone armband, with a few cool features - but it is not perfect.

It is functional and more than upto the job asked of it. I like the fact that there are some thoughtful extras (like reflective detailing to help you stand out on the roadside while running in the dark, and a space to hold your locker key in).

And although the materials used seemed to be of pretty good quality, the build quality wasn't excellent, which is why I'm only going to give it 3 stars. My main problem was everything was single-stitched which makes me question its durability and how long it would last under repeated use. Otherwise, it's a very good item.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20