Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 239

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Warrior Reds Blackcurrant Shake
Warrior Reds Blackcurrant Shake

1.0 out of 5 stars Vile, 28 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Tastes vile. In fact it's hard to imagine anything more disgusting and less natural tasting. This is up there with creatine. Not sure if it was coincidence but I had a banging headache immediately after consuming it, too.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming For Dummies (For Dummies (Psychology & Self Help))
Neuro-Linguistic Programming For Dummies (For Dummies (Psychology & Self Help))
by Romilla Ready

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read., 9 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I first became aware of NLP around 10 years ago when I was deeply into the study of fighting and CQB (close quarter battle) techniques. During my studies I became deeply interested in the physiology of violence and how certain cycles take place in the brain during violent confrontations which, if understood, can be used to your advantage.

It was during this part of my studies I came across NLP, and how it can be used to instantly ramp your aggression up from 1-100 in a split second; a useful tool if you're not an inherently aggressive person who finds themselves in a violent situation.

The more I learnt about NLP, the more I wanted to know about it, so I looked into some courses but they were all too expensive for me to justify to myself. So I never really learnt any more about it but have always wanted to.

This book has given me the chance to do that. It follows the useual dummies style which is tried and tested now and works well, and I've found it thoroughly interesting and useful.

Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Analogue Headset (Genuine 5.1 Surround Sound, Removable Active Noise-Cancelling Microphone) Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, but built to last?, 1 Jan. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A set of gaming headphones which, while delivering good sound, are let down by their build-quality. They do add to the gaming experience but I'm unsure how long they'll last. They don't feel very solid and other reviewers have said theirs have broken.

ZOOB Fastback Monster Trucks Construction Set
ZOOB Fastback Monster Trucks Construction Set

5.0 out of 5 stars A good sturdy toy., 23 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
For the money, I reckon this is quite a good toy. In fact, it's a good toy in its own right - regardless of the cost. But when when you factor that in as well, it really is a good buy.

Boys will love it. It's a bit like a cross between Lego technics and a Tonka truck, in the sense that you have to construct and build a truck which work and is virtually indestructible.

You can build 5 difference types of truck, or designs, which are powered by a 'friction motor' and kids will love it. It's cheap, robust, fun & has plenty to keep kids coming back - In fact, I didn't think they made toys like this any more.

Mr Blanc Teeth Whitening Strips - Pack of 2 Weeks Supply
Mr Blanc Teeth Whitening Strips - Pack of 2 Weeks Supply
Offered by Rieder88

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Blanc is the man!, 5 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Mr Blanc is obviously an attempt to market the very girly service of teeth whitening to blokes. A service lots of us fellas would secretly probably want, but never admit to the fact; I myself have secretly wanted my teeth whitened but never got it done for fear of ridicule. I have to say it's worked.

The packet is suitable manly, you don't have to go through the shame of going to a dentist (so it stays secret) and most suprisingly of all, it works.

The strips arrived. You open a pack and stick them on your teeth for half an hour (after drying them with a towel) and hey-presto - whiter teeth. I have to say that, after the first session, I noticed a difference.

The taste/tingle is noticeable when you put the strips on, but not unpleasant. I was concerned they'd slip and move from my teeth when applied, but they kind of 'set' and stick after a short while. Then, 30 minuets later, you peel them off, brush your teeth, and you're done.

In all all honesty, I'm surprised how good these are. They say they don't damage the enamel etc. and I hope that's true. One day in and I'm more than happy with the results. After a few more application, I'll get the application of the strips perfect (they obviously don't fit each mouth perfectly as they aren't custom made and have cover all bases) and with a little patience, I think I'll, get them to sit on my teeth prefectly.

If you're a bloke who wants to whiten your teeth on the sly, Mr Blanc can hook you up. I was sceptical, but now I'm impressed. Merci, Monsiuer Blanc pour ma noveux dents Blanc.

VELCRO Brand VEL-EC60394 25 mm X 63 cm Easy Hang Strap
VELCRO Brand VEL-EC60394 25 mm X 63 cm Easy Hang Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have., 3 Dec. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very simple item but I love it. It's useful and very well made. A strong carabiner is attached to a chunky Velcro strap, which is equally as strong, and the unit is used to hang heavy goods up and keep them off the ground.

I think the proper use is for keeping your bike out of the way in the garage - which the Velcro strap being a soft surface to protect the paint. But I use mine to hold up my punch bag up and it's perfect for that too.

Whatever you use it for, I can thoroughly recommend it. It's very well-made and handy to have around. Holds up to 80 KG. I have a larger one too which can take up to 125kg

VELCRO Brand VEL-EC60395 40 mm x 83 cm Easy Hang Strap
VELCRO Brand VEL-EC60395 40 mm x 83 cm Easy Hang Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made and exceptionally handy., 25 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Whatever you use it for, I can thoroughly recommend it. It's very well-made and handy to have around. Hold up to 120 KG.

Ultimate Spanish (PC/Mac)
Ultimate Spanish (PC/Mac)

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre. Could be better. Could be worse., 12 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've reviewed a few different types of these 'learn a language at home' courses now and so had no great expectations for this. I've come to realise that they are best used in conjunction with real-world classes, and not as a single source of knowledge. So with that in mind I didn't have any unrealistic expectations of the product.

All I was looking for was something that was clear, easy to use, fun and well presented. What I got was a mixed bag. Things started off well but as I progressed through the course I found other areas lacking.

What I did like about this product was the way it is delivered to you via USB. This I really liked. And the first parts of the course were satisfactory. However, there wasn't much on grammar, so as you progress through the course I could imagine it getting quite confusing (luckily, I am learning Italian, which I think helped a great deal).

But the end of the course though things had really gone downhill, with some of the courses clearly being very old - this really spoilt my perception of the goods.

As often happens with these types of courses, you get a few bundled together and it was the later ones which let the side down in my opinion. The courses you got were:
Talk Now (which consists of basic vocabulary)
Talk The Talk (Vocabulary put into phrases and sentences)
Talk More (More phrases aimed at the traveller)
Talk Business (Clues in the name)
World Talk (Focused on Listening)
Movie Talk (An hour long interactive TV show)

Works on both Mac and PC (Windows 7 or above or OSX10.6 or above)

Sassoon 1200 W Ultimate Styler
Sassoon 1200 W Ultimate Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars The girlfriend loves it., 11 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
With what you get for what you pay, ou really can't go wrong with this item. You get 5 hair-styling tools for a great price and a brand name thrown in for good measure as well.

The handle is nicely shaped and feels good to hold, and on it you'll find a light an indicator light and a switch that lets you select one of three settings, one being a cool shot.

There's the thermal brush, the ceramic bristle brush, ceramic straightening brush, a set of tongs and a concentrator nozzle. The cord is a swivel cord as well, which is a nice touch.

I gave this to my girlfriend to use, so I'm unsure of what all the attachments do (other than the obvious ones) but she loves it. I'm amazed that you can get so much for so little, so 5 stars.

Les Artistes-Paris A-0634 Mug, Porcelain/Silicone, 180 ml, Crimson, 2 pcs
Les Artistes-Paris A-0634 Mug, Porcelain/Silicone, 180 ml, Crimson, 2 pcs
Offered by Gifts Direct 2 U Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Stupid size., 6 Nov. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Pretty pointless items. No small enough for shots of espresso. Not big enough for a cup of coffee. I'm not a coffee drinker so maybe I'm missing something here, but these are frustratingly sized. It's a shame, because they're good quality, well made, and nicely designed. They're just a stupid size in my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20