Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 197

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The 150ml Pure Screen Cleaner Kit contains only Eco-Friendly, Bio Degradable and Hypo Allergenic ingredients. NO chemicals. NO alcohol. Naturally removes all dust, dirt, marks and stains from LED, LCD, Plasma TV, iPhone, Samsung, Sony, Smartphones, iMac, Laptop, Computers, Touch Screens and CD's to leave them gleaming clean.
Offered by VinylClear

5.0 out of 5 stars Eco & Animal Friendly - it Cleans Screens and Saves Bunnies, 21 May 2015
I'm a stickler for the rules, so let me first just say that I was sent Pure Value's Pure Screen Cleaner free of charge for review purposes. However, my opening sentence should tell you I'm a pretty honest guy (heck, my reviewer name's The Truth), so I won't let let that colour my judgement. I'll tell you exactly how it is.

And how it is is this: It's a 5 star product. And for a number of reasons. Firstly, it works. I followed the instructions and cleaned my iPad, iPhone, Mac and 50" TV with this stuff and it removed the finger smears and streaks from all of them. I followed the instructions and applied a few squirts to the micro-fibre cloth (which comes with the cleaner), cleaned my screens, then wiped them down again with the dry side of the micro-fibre cloth and they were left clean-as-a-whistle.

The second reason I've given this item 5 stars is because of the inclusion of said cloth. The micro fibres are the ideal material to clean screens without scratching them and including it in the deal is a nice touch. It's also very big. It's certainly not a stingy little wipe and about the size of a flannel.

However, the main reason this product gets 5 stars is because of the company ethos. The cleaner came with a load of 'gumph' explaining how it was made, which is, in England, under one roof, using locally sourced, organic ingredients, and with as little impact on the environment as possible. Now that has to be applauded.

What should not only be applauded, however, and deserves and full-on parade down the high street with brass band and floats, is the fact that, in no way, does this product involve any sort of animal testing. Well done guys. Well done.

So 5 stars it is. An easy 5 stars in fact. If only more products lived up to the hype and their name, and more companies held the same values as Pure Values do, the world would be a better place. Gentleman, I salute you!

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4)
Offered by Lindot

3.0 out of 5 stars It's early days but it's a bit of s let down so far., 19 May 2015
So I've been waiting for this game for ages and finally, it's here. Sadly, it hasn't grabbed me like other games of a similar ilk (namely, Skyrim and oblivion) have. Still, it's only day one - so I may come back and alter my rating in a few days time.

For now though - it's getting 3 stars (which means is OK as far as the Amazon star rating system goes) and here's why.

I'm finding the controls really frustrating. Manoeuvring my character round town, he constantly gets stuck on obstacles - a problem common in a lot of games viewed in the third person, and I'm finding the controls in general clunky and unintuitive. Also, I hit the edge of the world almost immediately (first side quest) and was "transported" to an area on the map I hadn't explored yet; this, I was very surprised about. I was surprised that 1) that it happened so soon, and 2) that I wasn't I just left to wander back under my own steam? Going to a black screen ruined the "realism" and immersive experience of the game, and taking me sometwher I hadn't discovered yet for myself, robbed me of that experience.

Another point: The combat comes thick and fast, without giving you a second to get ready and gather your thoughts. I suppose this is realistic, but to me, it just feels like I keep getting hit with sucker punches and it's wearing thin. This might not be such a problem once I'm more at ease with the controls, but at the moment, pause to try and work out how to cast a spell and you're dead meat.

Another thing that annoyed me slightly, there's a stupid in-game card game (called Gwent). This is a personal thing, but I've never much liked these in-game games, as they never seem to make sense to me and the tutorials for them are weak. They just hold up the game play for me rather than ad depth.

Finally, the text on screen is extremely small and hard to read and the combat seems overly complicated. It's also crashed and frozen a few times which is frustrating.

So that's the negatives - what of the positives?

The game came with a load of extras, like a map, a CD of the soundtrack and lots of DLC; I didn't pre-order, just bought it from my local store so that might annoy the people who pre-ordered, but for everyone, it's awesome and the developers should be applauded.

The game looks stunning, but that's not enough and so far, as I've said, it's failed to wow me in any way other than how it looks. I've spotted a few bugs too. I've had another day of playing today, and my opinion of it remains the same.
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 22, 2015 12:38 AM BST

Wahl Rex Mini Pro Corded Pet Trimmer
Wahl Rex Mini Pro Corded Pet Trimmer

3.0 out of 5 stars A right dog's dinner, 6 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow. What a let down. When this item arrived, it arrived brilliantly packaged and with its very own protective hard case to keep your clippers in. Awesome! I thought - this looks like a great quality item... then I opened it.

Inside the hard case was a set of clippers, a pair of scissors, one clipper guard and some oil, just flopping about inside. No foam inlay to keep things in place, everything was just chucked in there and left lose to slop about.

Worst of all, the case could have been a third of the size - especially without any sort of inlay for the items its mean to hold. What a disappointment.

The clippers work OK, and the little paw prints clearly identify it for use with pets (so you won't get mixed up when cutting the kids' hair) but all in all, this item left me feeling really let down. It set it self up for greatness with that nice hard case but just didn't deliver.

And the fact that there was only one length of clipper guard included just added insult to injury. The clippers themselves are good quality but the peripheral items let this product down.

Boxfresh Sparko, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 9 UK (43 EU)
Boxfresh Sparko, Men Low-Top Sneakers, Black (Black), 9 UK (43 EU)
Offered by 4 Feet Shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice box shame about the shoe., 5 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a certified trainer freak - a total nut. I'm what's known as a sneakerhead. I own stacks of Nikes, Adidas, Puma kicks and lesser known brands like Gourmet, too. However, I didn't have any BoxFresh amongst my collection... Until now.

I had high-hopes for these, as the term BoxFresh is a sneaker term (it means, immaculate condition and refers to when a pair of new trainers are unboxed for the very first time), but I was a little disappointed.

Rather than a true OG silhouette what we have here is a kind of trainer/show hybrid which - while rather nice - I think caters more to the Saturday-night-out-on-the-lash type lad as opposed to someone like me.

Also I'm not mad keen on the uppers. The material is just too shiny.

The best thing about these trainers, to me, is the box they came in. They come beautifully presented. There's no denying that. But style is personal and these just weren't really to my taste.

PhotoSEL BG411 Sling Bag with Rain Cover for DSLR Cameras and Accessories - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars A good bag but perhaps a little too small., 27 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good little grab-and-go bag to keep your camera in, but is perhaps a little on the small side if you want something to carry your kit in on a day out taking shots.

It's a sling type bag as opposed to a backpack (so only one strap) which, when opened up, has a series of Velcro compartments you can pull-out and place to configure the internal layout to your own needs.

It comes with a rainproof cover to help keep your kit dry if you're caught in a downpour and, as well as the main compartment, there's a zippered compartment up top to keep addition items in.

It's a good little bag - especially given the price - I just wonder if it will be big enough for serious photographers.

Apexel 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens + Wide Angle Lens + Micro Lens Kit for iPhone 4 4S 4G 5 5G 5S 5C 6 Plus Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 S3 I9300 S4 I9500 S5 S6 Note I9220 Note2 N7100 Note3 Note 4 mini i8190 S7562 HTC LG Black (No Dark Circle by the Fisheye Lens)
Offered by Tech Leader

5.0 out of 5 stars Picture perfect!, 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
What a great little item! Or, I should say, set of items - because what we have here are a set of lenses for use with your smartphone that comes neatly packaged in its own little, sponge-lined protective case.

The lenses fit over your camera with ease. They're simply attached to the plastic clip which is then placed over the lense of the phone; and the results are surprisingly good!

You get three lenses to play with (macro, wide angle and fish-eye) and all seem to be manufactured to a high quality, and all are made from metal and glass - not plastic. This kit makes a great present - for friends or even for yourself.

Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
Developing Analytic Talent: Becoming a Data Scientist
by Vincent Granville

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what I needed it to do., 22 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Well, I never really wanted to become a Data Scientist, but what I did want to do was learn a little bit more about how data can help in the field of marketing. The book fulfilled that role. It wasn't packed with information in that area, but there was a section on it and that was all I hoped for really.

Aside from pointers in the field of marketing, the aspiring data miner will find a lot of info to keep them going in this book. I'd say it's a good buy.

Ferplast Predator Cat Toy, Orange
Ferplast Predator Cat Toy, Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars The cats absolutely loved it!, 21 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wow! What a hit with the cats this has been - in fact, it's been more than a hit with the cats, it's been a hit with me too because I've enjoyed watching them go mad chasing the little red 'mouses tail' about. At least, I think that's what the little red bit of rubber is meant to resemble.

But no matter, the result is the same - the cats go wild when I switch it on.

The unit is dead easy to assemble (just unscrew the top, slip the circular material over the top of the unit and replace the cap. Finally, just push the arm with the red mouse tail into place) and has 4 settings - slow, medium, fast and random - which you just cycle through by pressing a button.

The only reason this wouldn't be a 5 star item is because it takes 3 AA batteries (rather a lot for such a simple device) and they aren't included; luckily I had some in a drawer. However, the cats don't cate about such trivial matters and absolutely loved it, so 5 stars it is!

Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T1282 Cyan
Ink Jet Remanufactured Ink Cartridge Replacement for Epson - T1282 Cyan

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect replacement cartridge., 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Worked fine. Easy to put in the printer and I got good results. Good colours. Recommended.

Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex RGB Gaming Mouse
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex RGB Gaming Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect!, 15 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're a PC gamer, this mouse is the perfect addiction to your gaming arsenal! It looks awesome, has 6 programmable buttons and a strong, tough, braided USB cable for connection.

It's very responsive and looks super cool - my only grumble was that it felt a little light and was, perhaps, a little small in the hand for my liking - it was perfect for my girlfriend though!

It's a lot of money to spend on a mouse, so for serious gamers (or teenagers spending mum & dads money) only, but I can recommend it as a fine addition to help you pull off a plethora of head shots!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20