Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 177

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Clearblue Plus Visual Pregnancy Test Sticks 2 Pack
Clearblue Plus Visual Pregnancy Test Sticks 2 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely designed and easy to use., 30 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This pregnancy test kit is really well designed and thought out. There's a slight bend in the handle to make it easy to hold in position, and the pack includes two tests, so you can test and test again to be double-sure of the results.

A window in the handle clearly display your test results in an easy to understand format (+ or -) and its 99% accurate so you can be 99% sure the results you get are correct.

The tests are also sensitive enough to be used early; although they are less accurate then, so it is recommended that you test again nearer your period if you get a negative result just to be on the safe side.)

All in all - things couldn't be easier The test takes 10 seconds to take (just hold in your urine stream) and 3 minutes for the results to come through. After that, if things have gone to plane (or if they haven't depending on your circumstances), it's just a 9 month wait.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars As far as BlueTooth speakers go... terrible., 30 Mar. 2015
I get sent dozens of Bluetooth speakers for review so consider myself somewhat an expert on the subject now. I was excited to be sent this for review, as it is a lot bigger than the sort I usually get sent - and bigger is better, right? Wrong.

This unit is about 4 times the size of some others BlueTooth speakers I've reviewed but the sound is ten times worse. The volume, surprisingly, is very, very low. Every other speaker I've reviewed could drown this out with ease. It's as is its set on low. In fact, I tried using the Volume buttons to turn it up - but this just skipped tracks? That means, I can only assume it was set at max volume which was pretty weedy.

For instance, I just reviewed another speaker this morning and the bass was so loud the unit danced across the table. That's what this unit is up against and it just can't compete. I might well have been sent a faulty unit, I don't know - but I'd beware the other reviews on here. It certainly isn't a 5 star product (especially given the completion around).

Given the problems with sound quality (which is also pretty poor) and low volume, and the fact its bulky and cumbersome, I'd look elsewhere. This unit was given to me free of charge to review and y review is honest and unbiased. I hope it helps.

Poweradd Magicsonic M1 3.0 + EDR Ultra Compact Wireless Portable Bluetooth Speaker and Over 7 Hours of Playtime for Any Bluetooth-enebled + Free Case
Offered by Poweradd

4.0 out of 5 stars Perhaps a too good for its own good?, 30 Mar. 2015
I've had a fair few of these little BlueTooth speakers now. I seem to get sent them by the dozen for review, so how does the M1 stack up against the mountain of other models I've been sent?

Well, as with anything, it has its pros and cons. Firstly, the bright orange colour won't be to everyone's taste but if you want to take this camping or hiking then it's probably ideal and much more practical than the black version; for instance, the bright orange will make it much easier to find if you drop it. I'm undecided about the colour - but it's a personal preference and something to consider.

The M1 comes with a Carabiner so you can secure it your belt loop or backpack (further adding to the outdoor feel of the product) and it's apparent why when you actually switch on and start using the unit... which brings me to the only major downfall of the product: the volume. I'll explain.

The sound on this little unit is so good that it makes it impossible to use unless its hanging up by the carabiner. The bass is so loud and punchy that, when placed on a flat surface, the unit rumbles, bounces and vibrates about the place - making it impossible to use. This is the only time I've experienced this problem with a Bluetooth speaker, as usually, the sound-to-weight ratio is all worked out. This little unit is a little too powerful for its own good.

Two buttons on the speaker allow you to change volume or tracks, saving you from having to find your phone or MP3 player in your pocket or bag - and it also allows you to answer your phone. However, its all about the sound - and if you hang it up and you'll have crisp clear sound and plenty of buttery biscuit bass.

This unit was sent to me free of charge for review purposes and my review is honest and unbiased.

1byone LED Moonflower Light Disco DJ Stage Lighting, Super LED Reflection Projector Laser Light, Sound Activated RGB Light, Apply Lighting For DJ Disco House Party Hotel Stage Office Camping Field Music Concert Etc, Lighting For Halloween And Christmas
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value for money., 29 Mar. 2015
It's quite amazing what you can get for your money these days. I remember when I was about 15 years old: I bought a circuit for a strobe light to build and I built the case for the practice part of my CDT GCSE. It cost me more than this whole unit and, believe me, the effect weren't half as impressive.

This unit comes in a sturdy metal case (not a dodgey wooden box like my homemade effort) and the lighting effects are a hell of a lot more impressive than the flashing strobe light that filled my bedroom as a kid.

There's a fine array of colours and patterns that dance and jump intime to the beat, and for the money, you really can't go wrong. The unit is mains powered and can be hung from a ceiling or propped up via a movable prop - and the lights do a great job at bringing parties to life.

Scholl Active Sports Insoles Gel for Men
Scholl Active Sports Insoles Gel for Men

5.0 out of 5 stars Foot saviours!, 28 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone who only really wears trainers, these were the perfect addition to my shoes when I wear them. It's only on the rare occasion that they come out, but when they do I find my feet really ache. I have no idea how people in offices who wear suits cope (I work in the creative industries so get to wear what I like, which isn't hard soled shoes!)

After a little trimming, these slipped inside my shoes easily and added a much needed layer of cushioning. I'd recommend then to anyone who can;t wear trainers during the day because of 'the man'.

Meat Claws- Pulled Pork Claws- Shredder Bear Claws - Meat Handler- Carving Forks- BBQ Shredding Forks - Best BBQ Meat Claw- Barbecue - Barbecue Gifts - Barbecue Accessories - BBQ Tools - BBQ Supplies - Pork Shredder - Bear Claws for Pulling Pork - Bear Claw Meat Shredder BBQ - BBQ Smoker Accessories - BBQ Pork - Best BBQ Tools - BBQ Smoking Accessories - Barbecue Tools Grill Accessories - Shred Meat Like A Bear - Best Selling- The Perfect Barbecue & Grill Tool - Kodiak Klaws
Offered by Walsh Fellow

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninja claws for the dining room table., 23 Mar. 2015
I was sent these items free of charge to review, but I'd actually come across them once before when my boss and I saw them used in a video on YouTube. We both agreed they were pretty cool. So did the real thing measure up to what we saw in that clip?

The answer is yes. The claws are remarkably sharp. I mean, really, really sharp which I was quite surprised about; they're definitely not ever going to have a problem piercing meat to either shred it, hold it in place or move or carry it.

So shredding: The claws work well when used for this and add a nice air of theatricality to proceedings. They remind me of a set of claws ninjas use to climb walls and with these in your hand no pork loin of beef joint stands a chance!

Purina ONE Indoor Wet Tuna & Chicken Mini Fillets in Gravy, 8 x 85 g (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - but only 5% meat content???, 19 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Purina One has been created specifically for indoor cats, which is great as that's exactly what my two boys are. Until now I have only been able to buy dry for them that has been specially tailored to their needs.

You get two different flavours in this box and four pouches of each: Tuna & Green Beans in gravy and Chicken & Carrots in gravy. I always wonder when I see veg in cat food, but it's not uncommon and surprisingly the recipes that do are usually my boys' favourites.

The indoor formula is meant to address some of the problems which indoor cats (and their owners) face. I'm not sure of the science behind it but they often claim to minimise hairballs, regulate weight and reduce odour from the litter box. This doesn't claim to do the latter but it does say it will reduce hairballs and aid a lean and healthy body condition.

It also says it helps maintain an healthy urinary track and helps combat urinary track infection. Something which is particularly important to me as one of my boys got it and it was very nasty. In fact, it can kill in under 24 hours in extreme cases and indoor cats are more prone to it than outdoor cats.

This claim doesn't surprise me actually as the food is very, very 'wet'. After my cats infection the vet advised me to add a little water to their wet food as this can help prevent it, and it seems this is exactly what Purina have done as, if I'd added the usual extra water to the bowl they would have been having soup for breakfast. There really was no need to add any more liquid.

So - all good? Well yes and no. My cats loved it but looking at the ingredients I do have some concerns. There seems to be an extremely low meat/fish content in each sashay (only 4-5%) which makes me wonder what the rest of this food is made up of. You wouldn't know by looking at it, as it looks pretty meaty, but this does give me serious cause for concern. It's because of this low meat content I'm only going to give Purina One Catfood 4 stars. It would have been full-marks otherwise.

MONTAR Universal Car Mount For Smartphones GPS One Hand 360 Rotation Best Holder Cradle Windshield Dashboard For Samsung Apple HTC Nokia Blackberry Motorola Sony Ericsson LG iPhone 3 3GS 4 4S 5 5S 6 Galaxy Note 2 3 II Galaxy S3 S4 IV i9300 i9500 i9200 i9100 HTC One X+ The New Droid RAZR Blackberry Q10 Z10 9700 9900 Sony Xperia Z L T LG Optimus Nokia Lumia 920 820 Google Nexus 4
Offered by Go4More ( VAT Registered )

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great and works well. A real quality item., 18 Mar. 2015
I was very kindly sent this item free of charge to review and I have to say it's a beautifully designed, top quality item. The mount is easily attached to your window or dashboard via a patented suction cup which is controlled with a quick-flick lever; the lever is hidden seamlessly in the body of the mount when in the down (attached) position.

The suction cup is coated in a sticky substance for further grip which can be washed and made re-sticky with soap and watere. And I f for some reason the suction cup doesn't work (say if the dashboard is slightly textured, letting air in) a sticky adhesive base is also supplied.

The clasp which holds the phone in place is fully adjustable and works via a spring; you just push the clasp open, slip your phone in, and it springs back into place to securely hold your phone.

The stand is not quite perfect though. The best thing about it (it's sleek, stylish, curvy lines) are also it's biggest problem; big being the operative word. Personally, I feel the stand is a little too big for my small car however it would be great in a car with a larger dash.

Overall, it's a top quality product, that's well made and beautifully designed.

1byone 400W Output 2000CFM Fog Machine With Wireless Remote Control, 900ml Tank Capacity And 2 Meters Output Distance Fog Machine, Apply For DJ Disco House Party Stage Camping Field Halloween And Christmas
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up and fun to use., 12 Mar. 2015
I was sent this item by the manufacturer free of charge to review - so let's take a look and I'll tell you what I think.

It' said nice little compact that unit, that's very easy to set up and use. What's more, you get great results from it when you've done so. Simply plug it in, pour it in (the fog juice, that is) and hit the remote to create a nice think fog.

The remote makes it easy for you to control while at the DJ booth doing your thing, and theirs a gauge at the back which lets you see how much juice you've got left, so ( in theory) you shouldn't run out. All in all, a fun and effective product.

Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)
Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleanser Lime and Mint Spray 750 ml (Pack of 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars My surface cleaner of choice., 12 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Strong enough to kill 99.9% of bacteria yet mild enough to be used on surfaces where you prep food without rinsing. Easy to use and a nice, subtle scent that isn't too overpowering. In my book that makes this stuff a winner.

Another thing I like about it, is the fact that it comes in a clear bottle, so you can see how much is left and get every last drop out. I'll be honest - I already use this stuff and I like it so much that when I saw a free bottle to review I grabbed another one.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20