Profile for The Truth > Reviews

Content by The Truth
Top Reviewer Ranking: 160

The Truth "How it is" (UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Airfix Quick Build Lamborghini Aventador Car Model Kit
Airfix Quick Build Lamborghini Aventador Car Model Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars A cool little item and nice desktop motivator., 19 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
While I am sick to death of the Lego-based films, toys, computer games and everything else under the sun flooding the market at the moment, I have to admit is quite a cool little item. And although it isn't exactly Lego, is totally is - in fact, I wonder how the hell AirFix have got away with this without being sued; because, as I say, it isn't Lego, it's AirFix "Quick build" which to all intents and purposes work exactly the same.

You get a box full of panels which fit to a chassis in a Lego stylee. The chassis is covered in little round bumps (just like Lego) and the panels just click on. The level of detail is pretty good, with a seat, plastic windows, steering wheel, engine block, rubber tyres and rims. There's 32 parts which click together and in under 5 minutes, and in just 33 easy steps (thats all it takes to build) you've got your very own Lamborghini Aventador to put on your desk (as motivation to work hard so one day you can buy the real thing).

1Byone Wireless HDMI WiFi Dongle iShare Videos Images Docs Live Camera Musics from All Smart Devices to TV, Monitor or Projector
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars An awesome alternative to Apple AirPlay, 18 Sep 2014
The iShare is a pretty nifty device. It quickly and easily allows you to turn your everyday TVs into smart TVs, so you can stream content from another device (laptop, tablet or phone) onto your screen; working, essentially, like Apple's airplay - for those of you who are familiar with what that is.

It couldn't be easier to use. All it is is a dongle which slots into an HDMI port in your telly. You then download some software and you're good to go. For the reasonably tech-savvy, it's installation will cause no problem at all, and you'll soon be watching YouTube clips of kittens and people falling off skateboards in no time at all.

In the box you get the dongle (which comes with a protective cap to cover the HDMI connection) which is a slim design and looks very nice, instructions and leads. It supports full HD video and the box says there is no direct line of site required between your device and the WiFi dongle.

The unit works with IOS5 or above (iTunes 10.1 or newer) though, if you already have Apple TV you won't need it. However, if you own a windows PC of android device, this will make a great addition to your home and works with Android devices 4.0 or newer and runs on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 8.

This item was given to me free to test and review by its manufacturer, 1ByOne.

[Apple MFI Certified] 1Byone Lightning to USB Cable 3.28ft (1M) for iPhone 5/5s/5c, iPad mini, iPad Air, iPod nano 7th Gen and iPod touch 5th Generation.
Offered by 1Byone Products Inc

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice as an Apple but cheap as chips., 18 Sep 2014
This charge cable is a welcome addition to my Apple arsenal. I've been using it at work and it is more than up to the job. The quality is excellent and I have no hesitation in recommending it to you if you're looking for a replacement lead, or even (like me) just one to use elsewhere.

It is 1 meter in length, giving you plenty of length to play with and manoeuvre round objects and has a slightly more textured feel than my other Apple leads.

It's branded with the 1ByOne logo and suitable for the iPhone 5, 5s and newer iPad such as the iPad 4, iPad Air and iPad Mini. I can also be used with the iPod Nano (7th gen) and the iPod Touch (5th gen).

For the sake of transparency, I should point out that this item was supplied to me free of charge for review, but this has not affected my opinion of the product at all. I think it's a very good lead. It's as nice as any Apple lead but cheap as chips.

Busy B Baby B Mini Album - Boy Blue
Busy B Baby B Mini Album - Boy Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but a nice idea, 16 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At first, I found this item is a bit disappointing really. I hoped I'd be getting a nice quality album to put baby photos in, but instead all I got was a flimsy photo-booklet - not dissimilar to the ones you used to get free from the developers when you got your holiday snaps developed.

It only holds 24 photos (so what's that? About one role of film) and arrived in a Amazon packaging so thin, I though it was a DVD (Amazon review films are sent out without a case in a plastic sleeve).

The cover is flimsy cardboard, though the finish of the book itself is quite nice (with a ribbon tie and ribbon detailing running thought its spine).

However, on closer inspection I saw this is actually designed to be given away by parents to grandparent etc., as opposed to being a place to keep photos for themselves. Which I guess is a nice gesture and, for that it works well.

That's why I'm going to up my rating from 3 stars (my initial judgement based on it being a baby photo album for parents) to 4 stars (for it being quite a nice idea and thoughtful gift to give to close relatives).

GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS TREAT Dogs Snack for Dogs, Small

4.0 out of 5 stars Training treats for dogs., 15 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have a little Jack Russle at work and I used to buy an extra sausage with my breakfast in the morning to feed him, but his owner put a stop to that because they made his farts smell. Now, come lunch, is always hanging around begging for food which I can't give him.

I tried some other treats from Caprice which Badger loves, so I thought I'd give these a whirl as well. These too, have been a huge hit. Mind you, he will eat absolutely anything, including his own poo.

They come in a little container which is the perfect size to keep on your desk. The lid pops off and inside are doggie treats, which are perfect for smaller size terriers and seem to be optimised to be bite-sized snacks for training. There's only 23% protein in them (the other snacks were 60% pork) which is a bit worrying, but Badger doesn't seem to care.

He's beyond training though, so I just give them to him as a treat at lunch which he seems very grateful for. Minus one star for the lower protein content.

LeapFrog My Pal Scout
LeapFrog My Pal Scout

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty awesome toy. Is it wrong to feel jealous of a baby?, 12 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I, or rather, my new nephew loves his new Pal, Scout. Heck, who am I kidding? He's great, I love him too! He is quite a bit bigger than I expected which makes him feel like quite a substantial toy or gift for the money, I love his colour and I think he's great fun.

You certainly get a lot for your money. Scout's not just big, he's featured packed. If you squeeze his paws he sings songs, plays music and even talks to you, asking you to take him home. And at night, one of his paws plays a 5 minute lullaby when squeezed, which is dead handy.

His little collar lights up when he talks too, which adds another element to the interaction, also. He talks about his favourite animals, smiles, feeling happy, colours, hugs and feeling tired. Songs he sings include: itsy-bitsy spider, a little calypso number, songs about jumping, being friends, wagging tails and snuggling up, and few other too.

And all that comes as standard, pre-programmed. When Scout really comes to life though, is when you programme him yourself with your smart phone. Then you can personalise songs with your child's name.

Scout comes loaded with 40+ songs, 15+ activities based around animals, food and colour, and he even has a volume control too. All in all, I think he's pretty cute, lots of fun and very reasonably priced.

Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Cot Cover
Fisher-Price Kick and Play Piano Cot Cover

3.0 out of 5 stars Early training for the England squad., 11 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I got this item for my new-born nephew, as I wanted to start his training for the England squad early and build up his legs muscles. I thought getting him kicking this thing day and night would really improve his chances of making it onto the team.

There's nothing wrong with this item but there's nothing that amazing about it either. It's just a big electronic keyboard you tie to the cot, which makes a noise when baby kick's its keys.

Simply tie the 4 fasteners to the bars of the crib and it's good to go. There are 5 keys which all make different notes when pressed, and two lights which are also activated when a key is struck.

The lights also start flashing when this thing starts playing its tunes; which is the one thing I didn't really like about this thing. When the keys are pressed, a tune plays, if it's not immediately followed by another note. Personally, I'd have preferred it to be left so the only noises that came out of it were that made when the keys were struck.

On the plus side, the keyboard can be removed from baby's cot and placed on the floor, where it's equally at home. And there are 'sensory' fabric (which seems to be all the rage these days) arms on the tiger. Overall, it's a nice toy but not amazing.

Heli [DVD]
Heli [DVD]
Dvd ~ Armando Espitia

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars for the story - 4 stars for the filmmaking., 9 Sep 2014
This review is from: Heli [DVD] (DVD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I found myself really enjoying Heli to begin with, but eventually my attention started to wander. The film is very slow paced which, admittedly, is part of its charm, but after a little while I wanted it to pick up the pace.

It did for a little bit, with quite dramatic effect (given the slow nature of the film before hand) but it didn't last and the film soon returned to its original pace.

It's a tricky film to call. What makes it an enjoyable watch is that it feels very real, but at the same time that's its downfall too, as real life doesn't often make good cinema.

On the plus side, the film is beautifully shot and I'm glad I watched it, but like another reviewer says, I'm not sure I'd watch it again. And I have to agree I didn't really much emotional involvement with any of the cast.

Where I disagree with some of the other reviews on here, is that I feel the film did resolve satisfactorily. It perhaps wasn't the ending I wanted, but I didn't feel like I didn't know how Heli's tale ended.

GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small
GOODOGS CAPRICE Can Snack for Dogs, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars A hit with Badger, the office dog., 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

So I thought I'd give these a whirl and they've been a huge hit. Mind you, he will eat absolutely anything, including his own poo.

They come in a little container which is the perfect size to keep on your desk. The lid pops off and inside are doggie treats, which are perfect for smaller size terriers. Each chip contains 60 grams of pork, which isn't bad.

VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red
VIBE Slick Grip for iPad - Red
Offered by IvoryEgg

2.0 out of 5 stars Child-proof your iPad, 9 Sep 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In my opinion this is a pretty awful product. It takes the beautiful and elegant design of the Apple iPad and turns it into a monstrosity. The only excuse I can see for a design this awful, is if it was intended for kids - but then, in my opinion, kids that young shouldn't have that much access to an iPad.

However, leaving my views on parenting (or the lack of it) aside, let's take a look at the product. The two ugly 'lugs' (for want of a better word do make your iPad easier to hold, however, personally I don't ever really hold mine like a steering wheel and type with my thumbs.

The lugs also provide protection which is good, and create an angled rest for your iPad when typing - however, other cases do this much better and provide much more of an angle too. The case does make your iPad sound a little louder by using a hollow space to amplify the iPad's speaker and this part of the big red rubber case does work.

But honestly, I don't know what the designer of this case was thinking? Maybe it's the bright red colour that is putting me off, and maybe it would look better in black - but personally, I have no idea why you'd want to put your iPad in one of these unless you're 5 years old or lack control of your limbs.

Great if you want to use your iPad as a pacifier for under 5s - pretty awful for anyone else. That's my opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20