Profile for T. M. Lakewood > Reviews

Content by T. M. Lakewood

T. M. Lakewood "tomthumbguy" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
From Ordinary to Extraordinary: How I Transformed My Business in 12 Months and How You Can Too!
by Stefan Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars So many ways to market one's business, 21 Aug. 2011
Just like its title, this is not an ordinary book but an extra-ordinary one if you have a business to run that is experiencing problems. This economy is deadly if you spend your marketing advert money incorrectly. I know a lot about the technical aspects of my company (it's a small engineering firm) but nothing about getting the word out to the public about it. We were in the doldrums of sales.

My business partner got several books from Amazon so we can begin trying to get a handle on the marketing side of the biz that we have ignored for too long. Of all he got (3 physical books and 7 eBooks for the Kindle) this one by FAR helps us the most. Somehow it "speaks" to us. It talks at our level without talking DOWN to us if you know what I mean.

We get enquiries from potential clients but not nearly enough and we simply didn't know how to get more. It is all here though! First of all, we ARE a niche company but we never knew to exploit that aspect. And we have started but we did so using the techniques here. Also, the KEY to this book is the "unlimited" marketing budget. Basically if you spend 1 pound of your advert dollars to make 5 pounds of profit, and as long as you can track and maintain that, always calibrating your results using direct methods, you HAVE an "unlimited" marketing budget! Brilliant. Yea, it's far more than that but the prescription on how to do it is right here and we just didn't have any knowledge of this stuff. The other books we got focused on traditional advertising and we see that just isn't the way to get a RETURN on marketing money.

Maverick Marketing
Maverick Marketing
by Andrew Ludlam

5.0 out of 5 stars The Web Resources Make this a Killer Deal!, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Maverick Marketing (Paperback)
Not only does Maverick Marketing give you a hands-down simple and direct approach to selling more, it comes with a plethora of resources on the Web to further help you implement the strategies in the book. We were surprised at how badly we have been marketing compared to the results we are beginning to see after only a very short time. For example, generating leads was not something we focused on. After all, that was for real estate offices, right? Nope! Not by a long shot. We are starting to implement all sorts of lead generations so we can sell to potential buyers who have shown an interest in some way for what we have to offer. We no longer market to the world, or even to the entire city, we market only to those who have "raised their hand" and somehow let it be known they are possibly interested in our services. We are convinced that Maverick Marketing has made the utilisation of our resources far more efficient.

Single Shot
Single Shot

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed laughing AND crying!, 11 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Single Shot (Kindle Edition)
My husband let me use his Amazon account to write this review because I wanted everybody to know how great of a story this is.

Single Shot is a fabulous book, especially for those of us who are just tired of gore and filth that comprises so many novels today. The great stories in history were rarely filled with garbage and Single Shot is what I hope is the direction of successful fiction going forward. It is a fun read, even during the sad times. My hubby Tommy enjoyed many passages from it as well and that is saying a lot!

One thing I noticed most is that Single Shot caused me to examine and re-examine my own life in several areas, re-calibrating the ways that I find myself reacting to others in many social situations. That is a true plus for this book in that it helps you make positive changes as you see the lives of the characters in the story growing.

How to Manage Your Social Media Marketing in 30 Minutes a Day: Practical Social Media tips and strategies for busy business owners & professionals who ... campaigns in just 30 minutes a day

5.0 out of 5 stars Embrace Social Media, Don't Ignore it and Don't Over-Emphasise It, 24 July 2011
We found that this book strikes the perfect balance between using social media sites for your marketing and business and maintaining a realistic understanding of what you can and should try to accomplish with Facebook and the other sites. The strategies presented here are wonderful examples of how to grow your business with the help of social marketing without selling your soul to those sites and without wasting a lot of your time working those sites. This is a multi-tiered book emphasizing several avenues of online business-boosting techniques including SEO ("Search Engine Optimisation") to improve your ranking in searches on sites such as Google, getting feedback that act as wonderful testimonials for your products, and the biggie, working your LIST. The gold appears to be in your LIST and this is an excellent reference for understanding exactly how you can do just that.

Get Her Back - Attract, Seduce & Keep The Woman Of Your Dreams: Your Handbook For Ways To Get A Girlfriend, How To Be A Seducer And How To Get Back An Ex

5.0 out of 5 stars Change what you do if you want change!, 5 July 2011
Okay guys, just keep doing what I did... the same thing over and over... and you will get the very same results and almost all of them will be bad. I read Get Her Back not because I wanted my ex back, I'd had enough and I tried hard enough and long enough that I lost my spark for her (and believe me that is good) but the rest of Get Her Back was MAGNIFICIENT for me! Let me tell you, I had no idea what I was doing but I found out quickly it was exactly what every body else was doing... the same old, "Hello My name is Tommy what's yours?" garbage and I was just one out of a list of hundreds of idiot guys each week who bores women. We don't realize this, we're always told just "be yourself, be positive" and that's bunk! I was one of those sort of whiners and didn't even realize it. This book described EXACTLY what I do wrong and I don't just KNOW what but now I understand WHY. And it's a shocker, almost everything we think we're supposed to do is wrong. I learned how a woman is supposed to feel as though SHE is chasing ME! After all, she gets 1,000 a month of guys trying to chase her. And women love the chase when they go after someone. It's almost doing the opposite of what we think is right: stop apologising, don't take crap from females (even the beautiful strangers) (ESPECIALLY the beautiful strangers if you want them to want you!), be a little cocky. That last one did NOT come naturally to me but neither did playhing tennis the first few times! It takes practice but with this VERY detailed, step-by-step plan you have a game plan that you can follow so practice will be exciting. Especially when you begin to see results as I did. Highly recommended. (Er... I think. Now that I realise it, I might NOT want a bunch of other guys knowing this stuff!)

The Men on the Sixth Floor
The Men on the Sixth Floor

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Revealing, I was stunned about Oswald, 22 Jun. 2011
The Men on the Sixth Floor revealed several facts about the JFK shooting that stunned me. Whereas so many stay away from a lot of Oswald involvement, this one hits it head-on. But in addition, this is not the "black helicopter" garbage conclusions that so many lesser "books" have gone on and on about. This is hard-hitting evidence, not focused on whacko conspiracy stuff all the way through. Plus, this is a well-written account of the "men on the sixth floor," one that any Kennedy student of history is going to want to know more about. This could very well be THE real reason behind the WHY of the assassination, and by whom. I would like to tell more but I don't like to reveal spoilers; let me say this will ruffle a few feathers and I believe that the author, Glen Samples, provides all the supporting evidence he needs to make his case soundly.

5-Minute NLP (Collins Gem)
5-Minute NLP (Collins Gem)
by Carolyn Boyes

3.0 out of 5 stars A little weak in background, 12 May 2011
I found that 5-Minute NLP was weak. It might be because of of the 5-minute promise. Perhaps such a book that tries to get its readers up to speed fast doesn't intend to go into the background that I deem necessary for full understanding and proper usage of NLP. But if you have NLP experience, I do believe that 5-Minute NLP will be valuable to you. It should help hone your skills and give you various uses of NLP you may not have originally thought about.

Galloping Minds Numbers, Shapes, and Colours Flashcards
Galloping Minds Numbers, Shapes, and Colours Flashcards
by Galloping Minds
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great System for Young Children, 12 May 2011
We love the Galloping Minds products. Our two youngest have enjoyed them for a while now (we also have the Baby Learns Alphabet And Phonics [2005] [DVD] [2003] and found it an exempliary tool for their first experience at the alphabet and phonics). Keep in mind that from the time they are in their cribs, we put things above them to touch and feel and look at to establish their sensory discernment so they can tell the difference between shapes and colours. This big set of flashcards takes that to the next level once they are slightly older toddlers to get them used to numbers and shapes and colours early. We found with Joss that once he was good at this set of flashcards, learning was thereafter far easier. (The same was true for Kim but for Joss it was extremely pronounced). Perhaps giving Joss the foundation of numbers and colours early is what enabled him to move forward so much faster after that. Also, since he was younger, perhaps what Kim learned a year or so before that helped to encourage him to learn more quickly, we don't know. We do know that the graphics on the cards are extremely interesting to our children and drew them in nicely so they wanted to learn.

Galloping Minds: Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics [DVD] [2005]
Galloping Minds: Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Galloping Minds
Offered by GALLOPING MINDS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for our youngest!, 12 May 2011
We've used Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics now with two children and we love them. From the friendly voice to the way our children are attracted to the screen and teachings, it has been a tremendous help for us. The Galloping Minds products are great (we enjoy the Galloping Minds Numbers, Shapes, and Colours Flashcards too) are you can trust your youngest ones in front of them. In Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics, both the lowercase and uppercase letters are taught as well as words as well. A large number of examples are shown giving children variety and keeping their interest and enthusiasm. The DVD is certainly long enough to watch in parts instead of all at once; we found that breaking it into sections and letting Jess and Kim watch them in short segmenrts multiple times enhanced their learning of the alphabet and phonics.

By the way please don't lose focus that phonics are introduced here. Reading English through the system of using phonics is the tried-and-true way of achieving success. With a foundation in phonics and not the whole-language approach, your children will be far better equipped when they start school to tackle more advanced reading skills. But for now, for Baby Learns Alphabet and Phonics, you will find that your children don't see this as learning or as work. They love watching the animals and they begin repeating the letters and words - the DVD puts repetition to good use, repeating letters quite often to reinforce what your children learned previously - and you will find that letters and the words start becoming second-nature with your children.

The Complete Slr Digital Photography Camera Course [DVD]
The Complete Slr Digital Photography Camera Course [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tis Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what we needed!, 8 May 2011
The Complete SLR digital Photography Camera Coure is exactly that, a complete course and everything that I needed to get up to speed on some jobs I had to do that required SLR. I am a photography novice and I realised that I needed to be better than I was or my illustrations would be sloppy. So last weekend I set out with this course and in a couple of days I was far better than before. I appreciate that the course is not camera specific so my Nikon was a great ride-along with me. In addition, the illustrations and step-by-step instruction enabled me to get the basics, especially the burst and continuous modes which I needed but had no idea how to achieve well. This is an excellent review for any photographer and a most-excellent course for newcomers like me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3