Profile for Prudence Eely Bond McGuire "Kundun" > Reviews

Content by Prudence Eely ...

Prudence Eely Bond McGuire "Kundun" "Kundun" (London, England UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Jimmy Stewart and His Poems
Jimmy Stewart and His Poems
by James Stewart

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 13 Jun. 2015
SUPPOSED TO BE A VERY GOOD CLEAN COPY....HAD WRITING ON THE FRONT PAGE...........

Jaxon Hats Corduroy Trilby Hat - Brown Brown LARGE
Jaxon Hats Corduroy Trilby Hat - Brown Brown LARGE
Offered by Hats and Caps

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Feb. 2015

GIZZY® Unisex Wool Felt Trilby Hat with Grosgrain Band. (59cm, Black)
GIZZY® Unisex Wool Felt Trilby Hat with Grosgrain Band. (59cm, Black)
Offered by Top Brand Cosmetics UK Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Sept. 2014
A BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR MY SON. HE LOVES IT.

Singular Woman, A
Singular Woman, A
by Janny Scott

5.0 out of 5 stars STANLEY..... A WOMAN OF MUCH IMPORTANCE, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Singular Woman, A (Paperback)
This book in my humble opinion is one of the best biographies ever written and I am slightly flabbergasted that to date there has been nothing written about it. Surely others who have read it have the insight to know just how good the book is? It is written by Janny Scott and sets out wonderfully the full yet tragically short life of Barry (Barack) Obama's Mother, a woman who gave her life for the betterment of others less fortunate and in doing so put her own health at risk and died never to know just how far up in the world her beloved Barry would rise. Biographer Scott has done her proud. The book is extremely well written never preaches and lays out her story in plain and concise language. 'A Singular Woman' also does a great service to Obama too. Much can be learnt about him in this story, much more than has been in a myriad of books written about him. If you only read one book this year, believe me, you couldn't go too wrong by choosing this one to read.

Mr Selfridge - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Mr Selfridge - Series 1 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Jeremy Piven
Offered by FREETIME

5.0 out of 5 stars KATHERINE KELLY.................., 28 April 2013
My review is intended as just a small add on. As nobody has seen fit to mention the participation of actress Katherine Kelly in Mr Selfridge' here is my tuppence worth. This up and coming 'star' was magnificent in the role of the 'rags to riches' friend of the fascinating 'Mr Selfridge'. I defy anybody to even remember her in 'Coronation Street'. Miss Kelly is talent plus and will, I feel sure, make it to the top of the hill in the theatre and film world.
Je T'aime, Katherine. (ps) Almost forgot to acknowledge the presence in the series of the ever lovely, splendid actress, Kika Markham, who appears as 'Mr Selfridge's Mother. Kika is the widow of the much missed Corin Redgrave.

Being George Washington: The Indispensable Man, as You've Never Seen Him
Being George Washington: The Indispensable Man, as You've Never Seen Him
by Glenn Beck

5.0 out of 5 stars Washington-without him USA would not exist today.., 1 Dec. 2011
It matters not how long a man lives, but, what he does while he is alive.
Surely this says it all about the man called George Washington.

The American Friend [1977] [DVD]
The American Friend [1977] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dennis Hopper
Offered by DVD Vault UK

5.0 out of 5 stars DENNIS HOPPER-NOBODY EVER LOVED YOU FROM AFAR THE WAY I DID AND STILL D0., 16 Sept. 2011
I absolutely adore the books of Patricia Highsmith and have read her Ripley stories over and over again. Whenever I do it is a vision of Dennis Hopper I see continuely as I read.
'American Friend' is a colossus of a film-Wim Wenders, the Director's wondrous shining achievement. Of course he went on to create in other movies more moments of film wise brilliance but 'American Friend' was certaily a very bright spot in his career.
Dennis Hopper is superb as Ripley- the silences in his performance are shattering moments that convey in the face of the man his every Ripley thought.
Bruno Ganz too excels. He is also a fine actor who went to greater heights, especially his compelling study of Hitler in his last days in 'Downfall'. Nicholas Ray, the Director of Hopper's first film 'Rebel without a Cause' is excellent too, cast as the mysterious painter/forger Derwatt.
A very eerie aspect of the film is the shadow of the Twin Towers used at the beginning and end of the film.
It's Dennis Hopper's film all the way, but, there is no slouching from the other members of the cast.
Final opinion is that the film is a towering achievement in the world of cinema and a lasting tribute to Patricia Highsmith, Bruno Ganz, Wim Wenders but above all, the lovely much missed man for all seasons-Dennis Hopper.

About Schmidt [DVD] [2003]
About Schmidt [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Jack Nicholson|Hope Davis
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Nicholson - actor supremo, 15 Sept. 2011
This review is from: About Schmidt [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
Fist let me say I have always enjoyed Jack Nicholson's performances in films even the early ones.
His performance in this film is a startingly revelation.
He is now considered a senior actor. Most actors of his generation are still playing younger roles with even younger actresses as their romantic interest.
Not so the mighty Jack. He is honesty in the extreme in that he is brave enough to act alongside a woman of his own age. Just how many other male performers in US films today do we see doing this? I can't think of any others.
The film itself is magnificent and I have watched it through several times. Each new viewing I find yet another facet of Jack's performance to marvel anew at.
He surely should have received the Oscar- losing out to that mediocre actor from 'The Pianist'. A travesty in itself.
I reiterate I love Jack and love the movie.

Dennis Hopper: Photographs 1961-1967
Dennis Hopper: Photographs 1961-1967
by Victor Bockris

5.0 out of 5 stars Dennis, Dennis, Dennis-how could we ever forget you?, 14 Sept. 2011
This book is a revelation.
I received it for my birthday from my son and boy do I love it.
I have loved Dennis Hopper for forever and a day and will do so until I too breathe my last.
His talent knew no boundaries-film, art, photography and I can only guess at his other talents.
God in his wisdom protected him in his many extremes and let him continue his life on earth long past the expectations of a man who pushed his life so to the edge.
Juat imagine if he had died young?
We would have been so much poorer for never knowing the briliance of the man.
Je T'Aime Dennis forever and ever.

Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have been a film noir in b/w told in less than 90 minutes....but?, 28 Aug. 2011
Well,what can I say other than it was long, time consuming for the viewer and in the final analysis a 'rip off'.
As stated above it could have been told in less than 90 minutes.
The film was a mish mash of all the grand science fiction films of the past thirty years.
I am no great fan of Leonardo baby- I felt he lost his way cinematically when he appeared in 'Titanic'Up until then he was walking the walk as an actor with Johnny Depp. Depp continued on down the 'yellow brick road' and Leonardo headed up the Hollywood and Vine one.
'Shutter's Island' too was another film a step too far. I'd twigged it all in the first five minutes.
Pity the director of 'Inception' Christopher Nolan had also travelled solidly along another road-the road he began with the solidly impressive 'Following'.
Still each to his own- I guess he's made a lotta lotta of money. Good luck to him. That goes for Leonardo too.

Page: 1 | 2