Profile for T. Swann > Reviews

Content by T. Swann

T. Swann "Tom Swann" (Bristol, England)

Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623
Logitech 2.1 Speaker System Z623

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, value and performance! but.., 26 July 2012
I bought these speakers as I needed some really good lower bass speakers and some treble as I had already some wharfedale floor speakers (250W).
These speakers gave me just that, I now have cinema quality treble crystal clear quality for those highs and mids, and a really nice smooth sounding sub.

But you may be wondering why I put the 'but..' in the title of the review. This is because, yes they are brilliant speakers, but if you are a big sound setup enthusiast like me then you're gonna want big loud quality bass amazingness, and these speakers on their own might do it for you but I would recommend getting some floor speakers as well to offer you big bass and the lower mids because thats where these Logitechs lose out on. As I have got the Z623's connected to my amp along with the Floor speakers to give me a 5 speaker setup.

But they are not bad at all, I could manage with only the Z623's but it really does make it ultimate if you got some big floor speakers also for that extra kick. It's better value for many rather than getting, lets say the Logitech Z5500's for £230 500W because I picked up my wharfedales off ebay for £40, but you'll need an amp also but you could find a decent one for a good price on GumTree or something.

Overall 5 star because you won't get better value for money for a modern system with an amp built inside, especially as I picked these up used through amazon for £65 :L
Hope this helps.

Black Adjustable 6 Levels Protector USB Cooling Cooler Laptop 3 Fans Pad with 4 USB 2.0 Ports for Sony HP Dell Samsung Toshiba Acer,Advent Compaq,Packard Bell

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but has its faults with an HP laptop, 19 April 2011
i bought this item as i thought it was the best as it had the best reviews,
and now i have it is amazing,
it has 3 fans which are ultra quiet, i cannot hear them! which is good, and the stand is also a good feature, it gives you a better working angle, also the extra usb inputs are great. :]

But.. I have an hp laptop and my laptop has little stands on the back and they are akward on the cooler as in most positions it makes the laptop tilted left or right but it can be flat but only in one position, but this isn't really a problem,

The main problem is that the stand holders, the tabs at the front that hold the laptop when it is at one of its higher levels,
they block my headphone and mic inputs so i cannot listen to music through headphones or external speakers while cooling my laptop, or even record my voice or go on skype etc, I am tempted to just cut it off but i am not sure

So overall if you want to buy this cooler, think about your headphone and mic inputs, otherwise 5/5 even though it doesnt feel completely stable or untacky

Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360)
Soul Calibur IV (Xbox 360)
Offered by GameExplorers

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Arena Fighter!!!, 27 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
wow, i have to say 1st off it was good by simple attacking. Then, i got a bit better and i started doing lightning, fire and cool magical attacks. Usually i'm not that impressed by these games, but this has really nailed it. I've also played virtua fighter 5... Rubbish compared to this.

Gameplay 5/5
Addicting 5/5
Graphics 4/5
Overall 5/5

There is only 1 flaw with this game and it is..............Getting annoyed when losing to friends RRRRRRRRR

Overall this is a highly addicting, good playing, and probably one of the top 5 xbox games known to man (27th november 2008)

Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
Halo 3 (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Really addictive.... but missing something, 6 Nov 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Halo 3 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I got this in a bundle with my xbox and its very addictive. It's amazing multiplayer especially on forge (which is a death match). You can play up to 4 players either on the story or on forge.

Single player - very easy but is missing something. I don't know what it is its just not there to get it's extra star.

Multiplayer - dont care if theres something missing too engaged with killing my friends and laughing at character being blown up by rocket launchers and throwing crates at each other.

Gameplay - 4/5
Shooting - 4/5
Multiplayer campaign - 5/5
Multiplayer forge - 10/5

If your the kind who likes killing aliens this is your game. But i'm just here to tell something about it is just not making it the 5 stars.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 1st shooter ever (except no.2, but there's hardly any difference), 6 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I played vegas 2 at a friends house and thought it was amazing. When i bought my xbox in a bundle i thought i was getting vegas 2 but actually i got vegas 1.

I was a little dissapointed at first but when i started to play on it i found it was almost exactly the same. The weapons the gameplay, Everything.
The only difference is the graphics are a tiny bit worse and you can't sprint.

Pros - Like vegas 2 but came out in 2006 and must have been the best then
Amazing blood effects
Some people say enemies dont die easily, but it depends on where you shoot them.
Very Realistic: the weapons aren't like snipers if they have a scope you have do shoot about 4 bullets to hit them

Cons - Quite hard at first but you get good in an hour
And i'm not sure there are more cons

Gameplay - 5/5
Shooting - 5/5 (realistic)
Graphics - 4/5

This is more of a tactical game you die a lot easier but you have to kill them before they kill you and sometimes when you're reloading they miss you anyway! A must buy even though i've just bought vegas 2 anyway.

All in all this a cheaper and maybe more fun vegas 2

Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Assassin's Creed (Xbox 360)
Offered by Paradox Network

4.0 out of 5 stars First type of it's game!!!, 6 Nov 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this off a friend and my first impressions were amazing.

I thought it was very entertaining being able to climb litterally anything, its so fun i free run and throw guards off buildings for hours. And when fighting: Counter Kills are so cool! You press X while blocking when they attack and you do this awesome set of kills.

There is only 2 bad things. There is too much talk at the beggining and it gets boring if you play it all the time for a month. (and there's no multiplayer)

Gameplay - 5/5
Cool Features - 5/5
Fighting - 4.5/5

If you have an xbox (or PS3)this is a must buy and are missing one of the most fun games ever. And dont let the negative points put you off.
AMAZING!