Profile for Leomans > Reviews

Content by Leomans

Leomans (Nottingham)

Page: 1 | 2
Snopake 12566 Polyfile A4 Ring Binder Popper Wallet File  Classic Clear (Pack 5)
Snopake 12566 Polyfile A4 Ring Binder Popper Wallet File Classic Clear (Pack 5)
Price: 6.91

5.0 out of 5 stars BARGAIN, 18 Sep 2011
We use these in our office for filing and there are cheaper here than virtually anywhere else. good price and good quality. recommended.

VeloChampion Mini Bike Pump black
VeloChampion Mini Bike Pump black
Offered by Maxgear Limited
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work too well, 18 Sep 2011
Bought this to pump the tyres up on a free mountain bike i got when I bought my new Car. Not sure if it's faulty or if I am using it wrong, but there as there is no tube to connect to the tyre inner tube and therefore it's very difficult to pump up the tires.
It works, just, but needs so much effort.
I am considering buying another pump.
Good price, but not recommended by me.

Sri Dasam Granth Sahib: Questions and Answers
Sri Dasam Granth Sahib: Questions and Answers
by Gurinder Singh Mann
Price: 5.91

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have book for readers on understanding the Dasam Granth, 18 Sep 2011
With all the recent hysteria about Dasam Granth i wanted know what the fuss was about.
Until now there has been relatively little written in a scholarly way regarding the Granth.

This book shows that the Tenth Guru wrote the entire Dasam Granth and there are many historical sources to prove it.
The 50 questions are laid out nicely and takes the reader from the simple to the complex.

The book has many illustrations including some of the earliest Dasam Granth manuscripts, this includes the Anandpuri Bir.
There is a photo on the back cover which is a rare illustration of Guru Gobind Singh from his time period.

All the recent controversy regarding the Granth is null and void, Gurinder Singh Mann and Kamalroop Singh, have undertaken some serious research on the subject and should be commended on their efforts.

This is a must have book for readers on understanding the Dasam Granth.

Enter the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
by Theo Paphitis
Price: 7.84

3.0 out of 5 stars Read James Caans Book instead, 12 Mar 2010
This review is from: Enter the Dragon (Paperback)
I've read three of the Dragon's Den Autobiographies now. This is the weakest in my opinion. James Caan's book is very good, exceptional actually. Duncan Banatynes' is also a really good read. This one by Theo Paphitis is okay and definitely enjoyable but overall is not memorable. If you only read one Dragon's Den Autobiographies then definitely buy James Caan's.

Miss Bangkok: Memoirs of a Thai Prostitute
Miss Bangkok: Memoirs of a Thai Prostitute
by Bua Boonmee
Price: 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 12 Mar 2010
I really enjoyed this book. Great for a holiday read, and shows a side to Thailand that largely gets hidden away. I would recommend it toanyone going to Thailand to learn more about the truth of the lives behind the neon lights of the GoGo bars.

Cabin Max Mini Digital Portable Travel Luggage Scale with Free Carry Bag, strap and batteries included
Offered by Home & Travel
Price: 22.34

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Item, 12 Mar 2010
The item looks okay but is poor quality. Like the other reviewer said, the Battery cover is very flimsy and the slightest knock causes it to open. If you use it for any length of time you're likely to lose the battery cover and leave the product useless.

Worse still, the scale does not have BEEP when the luggage weight has been caught, so you have to keep looking at the scale whilst you are weighing the bag. This seems dumb to me as all the other luggage scales I have tried have a Beep.

The free bag is a joke and would not protect the scales at all.

Finally, the lack of care and attention to the development of this product is summed up by the instruction manual. It calls the product a 'PROTABLE SCALE'.
Its worth ordering for joke value to be honest!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 17, 2011 2:12 AM BST

Hama Mini Photo Studio Umbrella XL
Hama Mini Photo Studio Umbrella XL
Offered by NetGadgets
Price: 24.95

2.0 out of 5 stars It was Broken on Arrival, 9 Mar 2010
This was broken on arrival and I had to return it. Frustrating! I bought a similar version from somewhere else, which doesnt have the metal struts which can tend to pierce the cloth.

Flip Mino HD Camcorder with 4GB Internal Memory and Widescreen - Black
Flip Mino HD Camcorder with 4GB Internal Memory and Widescreen - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd have bought the Ultra, 9 Mar 2010
I already had the original Ultra Version of this product, which I was very pleased with, despite it being a little bit bulky. I bought the Mino because I wanted to assess the HD Quality. To be honest, the HD quality is pretty acceptable but I think there is a overall flaw in this product. The focal length of the lens appears to be far too narrow, and unlike with a wide angle lens, so get a group of people in the shot you have to move quite a way back. I have only used it a few times and maybe I will learn to live with this 'flaw'. I did not have the same problem with the Flip Ultra so I really wish I'd have bought one of those.
In summary, I would avoid this product and go for the Flip Ultra every time. I hope this helps somebody!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2010 12:14 PM GMT

Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Special [DVD] [2004]
Auf Wiedersehen Pet: The Special [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Nail
Price: 7.16

5.0 out of 5 stars So good, I've already wartched it three times!, 28 July 2009
I recently bought all of the Auf Wiedersehen Pet DVDs and I love them all. The only criticism I could have of this one is that it is too short, only two episodes! I wish they'd have made a whole series in Thailand or Laos.
Hopefully one day they will make more of these.

Balanzza Ergo Digital Luggage Scale
Balanzza Ergo Digital Luggage Scale
Offered by Bright Colours
Price: 14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but definitely not the best, 28 July 2009
This is okay but not the best I would not recommend it really as there are better ones available at a better price. The bad thing about it that it can feel uncomfortable. Where you wrap your fingers around the metal bit that connects the strap to the scale feels awkward and in general the handle is too wide so doesn't feel like a handle at all.
Also, it is a bit too bulky. The LCD display is far too big for the requirements and just makes the unit much bigger than it should be.

Page: 1 | 2