Profile for H. Little > Reviews

Content by H. Little

H. Little "LittleH" (UK)

Foundation Trilogy (Everyman's Library (Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.))
Foundation Trilogy (Everyman's Library (Alfred A. Knopf, Inc.))
by Isaac Asimov
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic thought provoking Novel, 18 Jan 2011
Stimulating challenging ideas, expressed in a sci-fi setting.
Today marketing, business, and politicians are constantly seeking ways to predict soceity's next moves/desires/investmets/prejuices etc.
Here is a book where the predictions have been made . . .society has been understood in all it's uglyness and is ordered and predictable.
For people today, it is the stuff of history to know what is going to happen in our lives, so much change so quickly is commonplace.
But How would it feel to believe the future was pre-determined and mapped out ?
And how would such a complacent society cope with the occurance of an unanticipated crisis ?

These ideas are explored in this all time classic triology. Read it.

Revo Uno DAB Digital/FM Radio with Alarm (Black)
Revo Uno DAB Digital/FM Radio with Alarm (Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Looks & Easy & sounds great - all I want at bedtime !, 2 Nov 2010
Generally I hate trawling through 'all look the same, sound quality moderate' bedside clock radios, so was not excited at the thought of having to get a new one. Then I saw this, and once I heard the sound quality I became an advocate !!
I plugged in in direct from the box and within 5mins it was fully up and running.
Sound Quality is excellent, even through headphones, which I use in the night to avoid distrurbing my partner. It takes up almost no room on the bedside table (approx height & footrpint of a pint glass). It is always easy to read the time. It is easy to tune and find other DAB radio stations. It has easy to tune presets for your favourite stations. And finally It looks good too.
Good Looks & Easy & sounds great - all I want at bedtime !

Revo Uno2 - DAB / DAB+ / FM Radio with Alarm Clock Colour BLACK
Revo Uno2 - DAB / DAB+ / FM Radio with Alarm Clock Colour BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Revo Uno - Good Looks & Easy & sounds great - all I want at bedtime !, 2 Nov 2010
Good Looks & Easy & sounds great - all I want at bedtime !

Sing A Song Of Wiggles
Sing A Song Of Wiggles

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT, 15 April 2009
This review is from: Sing A Song Of Wiggles (Audio CD)
Our 2.5 year old LOVES wiggles on TV, so sings along with all the tunes in the car too ! Not just nursery rhymes, some other lovely songs too, like 'the girl with the velvet ribbon' etc. Love it.

I Love Trucks (I Love)
I Love Trucks (I Love)
by Roger Priddy

5.0 out of 5 stars Broom Broom, 7 Dec 2007
This review is from: I Love Trucks (I Love) (Hardcover)
My 18 month old LOVES this, and I can see it still being interesting in a few years time.
It's an indestructable Board Book, but the content is that of an older childs book.
It's large, so he thinks he's grown up (!), and satisfies his obsession with large, Yellow Mechanical mechinary of all types !
Right now he's learning to make sounds to match the Big Bright photo's (Did Dig for everything yellow, chop chop for a Helicopter but the space shuttle is turning out to be more tricky!)
And I can see him learning to read with this one too. A Good Satisfying Read !