Profile for S. Woolger > Reviews

Content by S. Woolger

S. Woolger (Devon UK)

How To Get to the Top of Google - The Plain English Guide to SEO (including Penguin 2.1, Panda and EMD updates) (Online Marketing Guides from Exposure Ninja)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Black Art Simplified !, 9 Dec 2012
I've built many web sites over the years and have understood the basics of SEO but have never looked at it in depth. When approached by a friend who asked if I could get his site to appear in Google I bought this book and took on the challenge.

Having read it cover to cover and mind mapped all the nuggets of information I created three new pages on the site geared towards some per agreed key phrases.

A week down the line I decided to check to see if the site was appearing on Google, not only was it appearing it was on page 1 for all the key phrases we had chosen and for a few we hadn't!!

For a web designer who needs to improve his SEO knowledge or business owner who tinkers with their own site, this book is a little gem.

And let's face it it isn't going to break the bank, grab a copy and lern some new tricks.

Stuart

TeckNet® New iPad 4, iPad 3 Premium Folio Case / Cover and Flip Stand & Magnetic Auto-Sleep Included Screen Protector and stylus pen - Black
Offered by TECKNET

5.0 out of 5 stars Case Closed..., 9 April 2011
Thought this would be a cheapy case to tide me over until I could find something better, far from it!

Really well made, a perfect fit, all the holes in the right place.

Got a few screen protectors from the same company to get with it, my ipad2 now feels fully protected!

Quick delivery too, what a bargain!

Veg Patch: River Cottage Handbook No.4
Veg Patch: River Cottage Handbook No.4
by Mark Diacono

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspiration to grow your own...., 11 Mar 2009
Being a great fan of the River Cottage Handbook series and a regular reader of the authors' excellent blogs at [], I knew this latest read from the Fearnley-Whittingstall stable would be a gem.

With an allotment sized back garden sporting a vast collection of weeds and having nonexistent horticultural skills I was grateful when this missing link arrived on my doormat.

As mentioned by the previous reviewer, Diaconos writing style makes you want to get out and start planting, written with humour and great knowledge this excellent book takes you from planning to planting to plate.

I've bought a variety of books that try and achieve what Diacono has, many are twice the size and twice the price, but this one will take pride of place in my armoury as go forth into battle against my impenetrable weed patch.

Wish me luck, now where are my wellies!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 31, 2011 1:39 PM GMT

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Aerolattetastic, 8 Mar 2009
Great product, produces Costabucks quality espresso shots at work or home.

I use mine at work and no longer have to spend mega bucks on take away coffees.

A real credit crunch friendly product.

Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution: The No-hunger, Luxurious Weight Loss Plan That Really Works!
by Robert C Atkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Atkinstastic, 3 Jun 2004
Forget all the bad hype in the tabloids about the Atkins being a diet where all you can eat is meat, they obviously haven't read the book!!
I've lost nearly three stone in four months from a low carb eating regime, the food is great and I've never felt fitter.
Low Fat high carb has just lead to an obesity epidemic in the western world, try low carb, high fat and see the difference.
Soon the food pyrimad will be turned upside although this may require the powers of the multi national food giants, who are sadly the people responsible for the current obesity epidemic.
Once your through the first two weeks this diet is easy and you'll never look back!! Good luck.

Philips Sonicare HX4572/65 Advance Electric Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX4572/65 Advance Electric Toothbrush

4.0 out of 5 stars "No fillings this time !", 25 Dec 2003
I really mmm'd and aahhh'd before I hit the 1 click to buy this. All that money for a tooth brush! It better be good! Luckily it was, excellent infact, a bit strange to get used to at first, slightly tickely, but you soon get used to it and the results of your first brush will convince you that it does what it says on the tin. It's nice to get that squeeky feeling on your teeth every time you brush. Now my teeth are pearly white and a few persistant stains have gone. I'm looking forward to my next dentist trip as he'll have no plaque to scrape away, its all gone ! The only reason I've given it 4 stars is because of the price, apart from that its a great bit of kit.

Kenwood RC310 Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer
Kenwood RC310 Rice Cooker & Vegetable Steamer

5.0 out of 5 stars The King of kitchen gadgets, 19 April 2003
I must admit I've tried every kitchen gadget under the sun, but the one that stays out all the time is my rice maker. Being a big fan of currys and chilli's, rice is a main staple in my house. Although I'm a pretty good cook and have no problems cooking rice, being able to produce fluffy rice every time can be a challenge. The rice cooker works faultlessly and the washing up is easy, just a non-stick bowl and lid. It can also keep the rice warm after you've cooked it, so you can come back for warm seconds later!! If you love rice you'll love this!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2010 10:19 AM GMT

Philips EXP 401 MP3 CD Player
Philips EXP 401 MP3 CD Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a Pocket Rocket !!, 15 Jan 2003
Decided to take my first step into the world of MP3 and although an IPOD would have been lovely the budget dictated something cheaper. After a good trawl around the miriad of MP3 players on the market I was taken by the Philips EXP 401. On arrival I was more than impressed, it's a neat package, about the size of a typical cassette walkman (remember those!!). I quickly burnt 3 albums onto the supplied 8cm media and fired up the player. Wow, great crisp sound, logical easy to use controls and skip free, sits easily in your pocket with full control using the in-line remote cliped to your jacket. It may have been a budget choice, but you get a lot for your bucks.
Once my 8cm CDRW's arrive I'll be able to quickly burn discs and wipe them whenever I feel like listening to something different. Cool kit go on treat yourself !!!