Profile for DadTheTooth > Reviews

Content by DadTheTooth

DadTheTooth

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Enchantress (The Evermen Saga Book 1)
Enchantress (The Evermen Saga Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Fantasy, 16 Aug 2014
There have been so many good reviews of this book and author that I cannot really add anything but my agreement. This story was well constructed, well written and is well worth reading, and its his first novel !

The Grim Company (The Grim Company 1)
The Grim Company (The Grim Company 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 14 July 2014
Swords and Sorcery, well more swords and lots of blood and guts but, good characters, nice sense of humour even an ethical thread. Easy to read and great fun, leaves one wanting the next instalment.

Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World)
Dawn of Swords (The Breaking World)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 2 Jun 2014
Discuss the first book by either of these author that I've read and I can hardly wait fir the next. I gather that this is actually a prequel but it reads like the first of a very good series and I really hops that the earlier books meet my expectations

This is a real page turner, with excellent characters, more twists than a maze and plenty of swords and sorcery.

Highly recommended.

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2

5.0 out of 5 stars It kept me awake, 24 May 2014
This book ensnared me almost from page 1, it is classic King and I loved every page. I admit it is a while since I last read The Shining but having read it several times I thought that would be enough, in hindsight I'm no longer so sure about that I think re-reading The Shining before getting into this may be a good idea (I found the same with the Dark Tower series).

Did I wonder what had become of Dan Torrance? Not until this book arrived on the scene I didn't, which was kind of dumb because plenty has become of young Dan as it happens. Just what you will need to find out for yourself. This book is about how the Shining develops in Dan, what it does to him and how he copes and how he in turn becomes a Dick Halloran type.

I think it may also be a vehicle for Mr King to thank AA for the help and solace they have given him and he allows a peep into that world. This is not a bad thing, it is central to the story and it doesn't hurt to glimpse the inside of such a mysterious hospital. As to where the title "Dr Sleep" comes from well, you'll have to read the book.

Aluma Aluminium Black Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking
Aluma Aluminium Black Wallet Credit Card Holder RFID Blocking

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for Money, Best for Capacity, 21 May 2014
I bought about 6 of these realising that at an average of @£1.75 they were probably relatively short lived. However, I had previously looked at a couple of alternative and expensive (£25 - £35) options - these were tough BUT only any good if you carried 4 - 5 cards AND were usually wider than the Aluma (which is about the same width as my Wallet with same 'filling'), trouble is I seem to need at least 10 cards, most of which are some sort of loyalty or membership card and have a bit of room left for some cash.

I have been using 1 for about 3 weeks and have just checked it has 10 cards, some cash, a few receipts and a couple of business cards - it is maxed but the more expensive items could not have coped. Also this product is about the same width as my wallet and feels completely unobtrusive. I suspect that this will only last a maximum of 6 months (which is why a bought a few) but I don't care it is very cheap and does exactly what I need it to do.

AntiBio: A Post Apocalyptic Thriller
AntiBio: A Post Apocalyptic Thriller

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tale, 17 May 2014
A real page turner. Enjoyed this a lot and look forward to the next, hope he can keep the momentum.

Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)
Extinction Point (Extinction Point series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent read (the whole series)!, 18 April 2014
One of the best books of its genre I have read in a long time. I often fell asleep reading this, rather than actually put the book down!
As soon as I finished book one I started book two and then three. This is a very well written series, I usually notice typo' s and grammatical errors while reading and did not during this series. I have no idea whether they exist or not, I was so swept along with the story that I didn't notice (I suspect that the editing has been thorough).
Although I suspected how the series would end it was handled very well and did not disappoint.

Stardust
Stardust

5.0 out of 5 stars At last! A Good adult faery story, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Stardust (Kindle Edition)
The fae are hardly mentioned but all the other characters are present and the story pulls you gently along until, as if by magic, it's finished and left you wanting more.

Protexin Pro-Fibre for Dogs 500 g
Protexin Pro-Fibre for Dogs 500 g

5.0 out of 5 stars Did all that I had heard it would, 10 Dec 2013
My Cocker Spaniel was having a lot of trouble with Anal glands - and many people recommended this product to me. I have been using it for about 8 weeks and have had no further problems at all. I would highly recommend this product.

The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)
The Mongoliad (The Mongoliad Cycle Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep them coming, please!, 20 Nov 2013
Not sure his I missed this series, but I did. Thanks to Kindle advertising I noticed Katabasis, checked back and noticed the authors and couldn't believe this had slipped by.

A rattling good first, I was surprised to find it finished and must buy the next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3