Profile for Deborah Morris > Reviews

Content by Deborah Morris

Deborah Morris "aimhigh" (UK)

The Coaching Manual: The Definitive Guide to the Process, Principles and Skills of Personal Coaching
by Julie Starr

4.0 out of 5 stars Coaching Manual - great guide, 3 May 2010
The Coaching Manual is a really great book for new coaches in that it really helps define the basics of what you should be doing and offering as a coach. It is also useful for people who have been coaching for a while, it can act like a checklist, am I still doing what I set out to do?
I found the book invaluable for writing up information for clients e.g. Coaching Overview, I now use my version of this with all new clients, it really helps them to understand what we are going to do and puts them at ease, highly recommended.

Appreciative Inquiry Handbook
Appreciative Inquiry Handbook
by David Cooperrider
Price: 30.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Appreciative Inquiry, 3 May 2010
This is a great book, easy to read with so many real life examples you really do get to learn everything you need to know about AI. I have used some of the information in 1:1 coaching sessions and in group sessions. Really demonstrates the power of the positive, something more organisations need right now in these difficult economic times.

Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind
Time to Think: Listening to Ignite the Human Mind
by Nancy Kline
Price: 8.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Time to think - WOW, 8 Dec 2009
I am an avid reader of business and self development style books but this one was by far the best book I have ever read. In fact I finished it and started it again straight away! I have used some of the techniques with a Coaching Client and the results were amazing. I cannot recommend this highly enough for anyone who manages people, has to work with and influence people and wants to get some real positive outcomes from any kind of relationship, both personal and professional.