Profile for Mr. J. Ekema > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. Ekema

Mr. J. Ekema "jimmyx2" (Lymington, Hampshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 256GB MX100 SATA 2.5 Inch 7mm SSD Includes 9.5mm Spacer
Crucial CT256MX100SSD1 256GB MX100 SATA 2.5 Inch 7mm SSD Includes 9.5mm Spacer
Offered by PRED8TOR

5.0 out of 5 stars Make sure you install AHCI drivers to get the best speeds, 17 Feb. 2015
Installing this SSD has made a world of difference to my PC. It's so much faster than before. The only problem I had, which wasn't a fault of the drive, was the installation of the correct Windows 7 drivers. By default Windows decided to install them as IDE but they should have been AHCI, which enables the drive to operate much faster. After searching for answers I turned to the motherboard manufacturers website and found the Intel Rapid Storage drivers and now it works very well indeed. It does appear as a SCSI drive but this is fine - Benchmarked the drive and shows the correct speeds.

Executive Extra Padded High Back Black Color Office Chair 14OB
Executive Extra Padded High Back Black Color Office Chair 14OB
Offered by Tinxs

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 16 Feb. 2015
Just got this in the post today and putting it together was a breeze. I have to say that after owning the standard Ikea office chair, this one is soooo much more comfortable and I felt relaxed in it straight away. I highly recommend it especially if you have a bad back, the support is gives is amazing!

Kodak ESP5250 Wifi Wireless All-in-one Printer
Kodak ESP5250 Wifi Wireless All-in-one Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 20 Sept. 2011
Yes the installation is a pain but printing from Photoshop couldn't be easier. I've just printed a load of leaflets for my business and they look amazing!!!!

Bang Bang Bang (Album Version)
Bang Bang Bang (Album Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the ticket, 31 July 2010
This one is a bit of a grower but that's good. All the songs you love straight away are boring after lots of radio play but this will last out I reckon. If you don't understand the french then watch the video. It has subtitles LOL.

Unexpiritualized (Pete Heller Remix)
Unexpiritualized (Pete Heller Remix)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's FREE, 31 July 2010
Just getting back into a spot of mixing and this one's a bit of a tough cookie to crack but once slotted in it works a treat. Can't go wrong if it's free.

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Full Version (PC DVD), 1 User

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version of Windows yet!, 9 Oct. 2009
I've been a keen user of Windows ever since Windows 2000. I wasn't so keen on 98 and ME but XP was a major change in direction for Microsoft. Vista wasn't really that bad but the main problem with it was that manufacturers were too slow to create drivers for this version and this resulted in users encountering problems. Vista otherwise was fine, but then I'm an novice user and can usually find my way around problems that other novices might find to an issue. Windows 7 though is amazing. I've not have one problem since I started using the Beta version and then more recently the RC version. I got my copy of Windows 7 Ultimate Signation Edition today and although a tiny bit slow (Prob due to using the 64bit version with an older grapics driver) and I haven't had a problem with it at all. There's lots of goodies to play with and with Live Essentials, it's a breeze! Because of the anti-trust issues you can benefit from the much reduced price so there's no reason not to upgrade. You won't be dissapointed (Unless you're a silly person installing it on a stoneage computer). If you think linux is better then perhaps you need to open the curtains a crack and see the light, most people aren't geeks and wouldn't have a clue where to start with Linux, me included!! FIN!

ATMT H855 SCART MEDIA DRIVE 3.5" External Hard Drive 160Gb - Black
ATMT H855 SCART MEDIA DRIVE 3.5" External Hard Drive 160Gb - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but could do better, 5 Sept. 2007
This is not a bad little media center. The only problem I have with it is that it doesn't support the newer Windows Media format, MP4 and doesn't support H.264. Other than that you are left with Xvid which is good in a way as the file size is low but the quality isn't much to speak of. H.264 is really interesting because you get similar file sizes but amazing quality instead, although it takes twice as long to encode. The fan is noisy as well. It would be good if you could manage your files better, the navigation looks cheap and basic.

Live At Glastonbury 1994-2004
Live At Glastonbury 1994-2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Never been to Glasto' but now I don't need to., 1 Sept. 2007
Like any other Orbital album, I'll snap it up whether I like it or not.

Having heard some of the live tracks on other albums and singles, I was ready to sit back and get into the spirit of Glastonbury but I was annoyed. The sound quality on this album could be alot better than it is. I know some people say that you have to expect this but it's like someone is stood in the crowd with a microphone and then burnt it onto CD. This could be done better as it could be recorded direct from the music equipment and then the occasional bit of crowd cheering added in.

Perhaps it's because I just listen to it on my iPod and need to experience it on a HiFi instead. We'll see what happens and if I'm wrong, I'll take it all back.

Other than that it was good to have but I really wanted tracks from the last Orbital gig in Brixton.

The Ideal Condition
The Ideal Condition

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 1 Sept. 2007
This review is from: The Ideal Condition (Audio CD)
I was very concerned when I read that someone wanted to put a zero rating for this album. Why? The only reason I can come up with is that the reviewer doesn't like the orchestra or classical music. In my personal opinion, you can't understand music unless you understand the emotional rollercoaster that is classical music. I have been into Orbital since the early 90's, so I've experienced many difference types of music since then and I'm certainly not one of these 'It's not as good as the music we used to have in my day' type of people. I love new music and although Paul's isn't groundbreaking, it certainly is emotional and entertaining to my ears. BUY IT and learn to understand the foundation of good music.

Madness And Me
Madness And Me
Offered by MEDIA-MOST-WANTED

3.0 out of 5 stars Too little too late, 1 Sept. 2007
This review is from: Madness And Me (Audio CD)
I have to agree with the previous reviewers comments. I find that Paul Hartnoll's new album 'The Ideal Condition' is much more interesting and I can listen to that album all the way through without skipping tracks. This one however seems to have included tracks that we used to fill up the CD. Don't get me wrong, 'Madness and Me' and a couple of other tracks are amazing but there is no direction throughout the album. I'm just not that impressed and also heard these tracks over 7 months ago on MySpace so I'm pretty bored already. Perhaps if you merge the best tracks from each of the brothers albums, you have a new Orbital album.

Page: 1 | 2