Profile for Madame Rosbif > Reviews

Madame Rosbif

Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap
Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap
Offered by Online Sports Support Store

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job... If you get it in the right place., 19 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Neo G Tennis Elbow Strap (Misc.)
I recently bought this after developing tennis elbow (wood chopper's elbow in my case). It looks good and is well made. The gel pad is firm enough to exert the necessary support and pressure over the tendon, although the man made fibres make it a bit 'sweaty' when it is worn next to the skin for long periods of time. As it is quite bulky I tended to wear it over clothing, which alleviated the problem but is best done with only light clothing as anything too bulky would probably interfere with the pad actually doing its job.
The strap certainly does help to relieve the pain (though in my case not completely. I used it in conjunction with physiotherapy, acupuncture and painkillers) and increases the strength in the arm and I would recommend it on that basis. I wore mine for about 6 - 8 weeks and found that the Velcro was just starting to become less effective so not sure how much longer it would be fully effective. The most is appointing thing was the quality of the instructions for positioning it. They were useless. I had to search the Internet to try to find better instructions and ask advice from my physio and acupuncturist to get the positioning correct. It doesn't really sit where you would expect a support to sit, ie over the affected joint, it sits below the joint and that takes a bit of getting used to.
Overall, it did a good job for me and I would recommend it.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Deign classic!, 19 Jan. 2013
These are great and look and feel amazing. I have to admit they were smaller than I was expecting (yes, I know it says espresso in the title). I bought them after having a coffee in a slightly larger version in Belgium. I think now that the one I had there was a cappuccino cup but that doesn't detract from the fact that these are very cute. So if you are planning to buy, just make sure that, unlike me, you order the size you want. If you want espresso size, go for it but if you want more than a mouthful, you might want to seek out the slightly larger size.

Krindlekrax
Krindlekrax
by Philip Ridley

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent story for reading in school, 27 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Krindlekrax (Paperback)
I am currently reading Krindlekrax to my class of 7-9 year olds. Over recent years I have shared this book with four different classes and each time they are completely captivated by the characters, the descriptions and clever repetition used by Philip Ridley. It deals with issues such as bullying, fear, courage and bereavement in a sensitive but no nonsense way and the children really enjoy listening, especially when a few silly accents are thrown in. The only bit they don't like is when I say 'and... that's all for today!' It's well worth the read!