Profile for P. Driver > Reviews

Content by P. Driver

P. Driver (U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike Book 3)
Career of Evil (Cormoran Strike Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but -, 9 April 2016
I have really enjoyed this series which are well-constructed crime novels in the classic tradition. The style appears to draw heavily on the gothic/Victorian genre and on occasions the author is drawn into using clumsy phrasing that mimics that style. For me, this detracts from my enjoyment of an otherwise well-written novel and a bit more ruthless editing would be good.

The story in this third book follows on from the previous two and the characters are becoming more real and more rounded although I find it hard to believe that anyone as lovely and sensible as Robin would put up with such an unlikeable idiot as her fiancé apparently is. The ending of the book, although following in a long tradition of "will they, won't they", was a let-down for me as I felt that Cormoran would not have behaved as the author would have us believe. Nevertheless an enjoyable read and I look forward to the next one (preferably in which Matthew meets a sticky end!).

Levante Women's 1 Pair Luxury Rosa Rib Effect Merino Cashmere Mix Socks 6.5-9.5 Marine
Offered by SockShop

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 April 2016
Disappointingly thin and loosely knit, they become baggy within a short time of wearing. Not good value for money.

Prevalin Allergy Adult Nasal Spray - 20 ml, 140 Doses
Prevalin Allergy Adult Nasal Spray - 20 ml, 140 Doses
Offered by iCare Chemist

5.0 out of 5 stars It stopped my allergic rhinitis!, 7 Mar. 2016
Absolutely brilliant product and well worth buying. I have allergic rhinitis which causes asthma and have just had the worst flare-up I've ever had, 5 visits to the GP and a whole raft of prescriptions for nasal drops, inhalers, antihistamines and nothing was working. Whilst waiting for a prescription to be dispensed, I saw this and thought it was worth trying. I'm so glad I did.

After a bit of trial and error, this is how I use it for best results:

Morning: Nasal rinsing (I use the Neilmed products), wait about 20 mins then use Prevalin.
Evening: Nasal rinsing, wait about 20 mins and use nasal drops, after 30 - 60 mins use Prevalin.

I find the nasal rinsing really important as it removes any allergens or irritants. After use I wipe the nozzle of the Prevalin clean with a tissue before replacing the cap, that stops it from blocking.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 23, 2016 12:28 AM BST

Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun
Knit 2 Together: Patterns and Stories for Serious Knitting Fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, LOVE this book !, 4 Mar. 2016
This is the story of Tracey Ullman's knitting journey interspersed with some great patterns by Mel Clark. It's a very readable book with lots of humour and common sense; plus solid advice to make you a better knitter whatever level you are. Tracey dishes out advice and anecdotes (my personal favourite: "if someone tells you knitting is Granny-ish, tell them to get lost") and the result is a book that is definitely going to remain in my knitting library.

40 Multi Pinecone lights With Twinkling Effect- Christmas Lights
40 Multi Pinecone lights With Twinkling Effect- Christmas Lights
Offered by Christmas Concepts Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Garish and Random, 18 Dec. 2015
The description says every 4th light flashes but in fact they all flash randomly in a series of flashing/chasing effects. As there's no controller you can't change or stop this. Hugely disappointed and irritated - I bought them on the basis they would "twinkle", not induce a migraine; and I paid for express delivery so I'd have them in time for Christmas. Sending them back.

LED Coloured Marble Light String Set - Battery operated
LED Coloured Marble Light String Set - Battery operated

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Dec. 2015
Very attractive, sturdy and longer than I expected. Very pleased with my purchase.

Episode 1
Episode 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended Viewing, 7 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Salamander Season 1 (Amazon Video)
Really excellent viewing, so different to most of the British & American dramas which are sooooo predictable (YAWN) and/or far-fetched. In fact the basic story line about political corruption and the banking sector is highly credible. Really enjoyable and great casting, I loved that I didnt know a single actor. All in all: 11/10!

Kurt Koelln cashmere poncho one size (beige)
Kurt Koelln cashmere poncho one size (beige)
Offered by Cashmere Dreams

2.0 out of 5 stars 10% Cashmere, 20% Polyamide, 40% Extrafine Merino Wool, 30% Viscose, 6 Oct. 2015
The item doesn't feel like cashmere at all but then the exact composition isn't given in the description. So here it is as given in the tag attached to the garment:

10% cashmere, 20% polyamide, 40% extrafine merino wool, 30% viscose. In other words it is 50% natural fibres, 50% synthetic and certainly won't have the warmth of cashmere.

For the price it is OK, and is nice and big. I am giving it 2 stars because there were 2 areas on the one I received that appeared to have glue on it, it shouldn't have passed quality control and been sent out. I might buy another in which case I would wash it in a specialist wool wash before using it which may well make it feel softer and thicker; I might snuggle into this whilst watching TV or put it over a coat or jacket, it wouldn't keep me warm in winter on its own.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2016 3:20 PM BST

Knit Scandinavian Style (Arne & Carlos)
Knit Scandinavian Style (Arne & Carlos)
by Arne Nerjordet

5.0 out of 5 stars Best addition to my knitting library in ages!, 22 Aug. 2015
This is a fantastic book! Well-written, lots of anecdotes and interesting snippets. The projects are photographed well, in a natural-looking setting and nice clear shots (no blurry "arty" shots here, thank goodness). This is the sort of book non-knitters would enjoy, too.

Importantly, the patterns are brilliant! Something for every knitter whether new to knitting or experienced. It would be a great Christmas gift.

Professional LED Nail Lamp For Home or Salon Use, 3x Faster Than Traditional UV Nail Dryers - Works With CND Shellac & Other Leading Brand Polishes, "Lifetime Replacement Guarantee", 4 Time Presets
Offered by I-Innovate

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit, 6 Aug. 2015
Just the right size, it's compact but you can easily dry one hand (minus thumb) at a time. It comes fitted with a standard UK 3-pin plug and has pre-set time options ranging from 10 seconds to 3 minutes. I'd never had a gel manicure before but did my own easily and quickly. Just paint - press timer - dry!

I'm very happy with this purchase and it's much cheaper and convenient being able to do my own gel manicure at home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8