Profile for Rikrik_81 > Reviews

Rikrik_81

Chenet Red Wine & 2 Personalised Chocolate Bars Gift Bag
Chenet Red Wine & 2 Personalised Chocolate Bars Gift Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, 26 Nov 2013
The service was great and the gift is really nice, I would recommend giving it as a romantic gesture but would still be great little gift for friends or family.

TomTom Start 20 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries)
TomTom Start 20 4.3" Sat Nav with Europe Maps (45 Countries)
Offered by Sound&Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Great last Gen Satnav, 28 July 2013
I upgraded to this about a year ago and it has all the features I could want and im fussy, mainly route options and customisations. I couldn't ask for more from a device from this era. Ok life time maps would be nice and maybe traffic, last time I checked traffic receiver was non compatible. But judging the actual device on what it does im giving it top marks.

I find alot of 1 star reviews are not based on the device but problems with the software, I however consider my self competent on a computer and had no real trouble. I also have never had a problem with signal.

I mention that this is a last gen satnav because yesterday I bout a currunt or next gen (whatever) satnav, new tomtom go 500 I wont talk about it on here but all I will say is I took it back for a refund today lol.

TomTom GO 500 UK & Ireland - 5" Sat Nav with Full UK & Ireland Lifetime Maps, Lifetime Traffic Updates, Smartphone Connected and Interactive Screen
Price: 149.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Step backwards., 27 July 2013
I got mine today and tomorrow im returning it, I agree 100% with the other 2 star review.
The hardware is brilliant and some of the features are very alluring however its lacking features you would imagine standard, lack of customisation is disappointing but not the end of the world but the lack of route options is, no alternative route no avoid area etc is. Its hard to understand why this would be left off cause all the new go range is is a fancy and expensive inferior device.

DGM IPS-2701WPH 27" Widescreen IPS Monitor 16:9 6ms WQHD 350cd/m2 16.7M
DGM IPS-2701WPH 27" Widescreen IPS Monitor 16:9 6ms WQHD 350cd/m2 16.7M
Offered by Aria Retail
Price: 278.58

1.0 out of 5 stars Be carful buying DGM., 23 Feb 2013
I recently bought this DGM monitor and for the price I thought I was getting a bargain but sadly it hasn't worked out that way.

After a few months the power board blew on the back of the screen which came as a bit of a surprise. I sent it off to DGM to get it repaired but when I got it back I noticed that the fault had caused additional damage to the screen. I now have dead pixels dotted around and a dead pixel cluster near the centre of the screen. To my disappointment DGM told me they are unwilling to help me because I cant prove the damage was caused by the power board blowing and I was also told that under so and so policy pixels aren't covered under warranty which in my view leaves me with a defective product through no fault of my own.

I also found the customer service staff rude, unreliable and generally unprofessional.

I was cautious buying this product due to the price and not knowing who DGM were but I decided to risk it, unfortunately.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 9, 2014 1:56 PM BST

Asus VG278H 27-inch 3D Monitor, NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 Glasses and 3D LightBoost, 1920x1080, 120Hz refresh rate, 2ms response time, HDMI 1.4, Dual-link DVI-D

2.0 out of 5 stars Dissapionted..., 1 Dec 2012
I was impressed by the look of the screen as i unboxed it and set it up, so a good 1st impression but it went down hill from there...
1st the 2D
Soon after windows had loaded and I was on to my desktop looking at my background images I had that horrible feeling, I spent awhile setting it up with 120 htz and the menu messing with the usual settings but not much improvement, I thought maybe in-game would be better so I loaded up skyrim and tweaked around with the settings before hitting play, I became more disappointed even after more menu tweaks, It looked well to be fair awful compared to my old non hd 20" hp screen which I was hoping to upgrade from, I know that a 20" glossy screen will look nice but that's nearly 6 years old and with all the whistles and bells on this screen I was expecting well at least the same picture quality, not evan half as good.
I thought I'd load up battlefield 3 but I was still left feeling disappointed, so I thought I'll try it all again in 3D as this is really what the screens all about.

The 3D
Call me nieve but my expectations of 3D was an immersive experience that would amaze me, but sadly not in the slightest, being 3D vision 2 the latest and best 3D has to offer in gaming terms as far as I've heard anyway it is less than impressive, infact I don't think I would even bother with 3D and just play in 2D, I think 3Ds a little way off being how I'd imagined it would be.
so to conclude a poor 2D experience and an equally poor 3D experience for an expensive 4,48. In my opinion really not worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 4, 2013 9:58 AM BST

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Caution here, 18 Nov 2012
The 1st thing both me and my girlfriend said when I opened this was its alot thinner than it looks in the flattering product picture, ofc due to packaging it will be thinner but given time to air there isn't alot of improvement. I wanted a warm winter coat to cope with very cold conditions but I dont think is up to the job to be fair.
It's 49 from 100..is it really?
The zip is very cheap it's bit of a task just zipping up you find your self keep pulling the zip tight to do it up, the pull cords are even worse they are attached by the most feeble plastic clip which actually broke the 1st time I tried to tighten the hood up lol.
This picture clearly shows black with black lining and red pull cords, I was given 1 with blue lining and blue pull cords which wasn't what I chose and wasn't to my taste atall...
To make matters worse any questions about this were ignored in the hope I just excepted what i was given until I threatened that ill report them if they don't respond to which all of a sudden I got a response, I'm talking 2 weeks for 1 response and even worse when enquiring about a refund, I've bout hundreds of items from amazon sellers and never have I come across a lame useless company as sports direct retail.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 9:04 AM GMT

Fractal Design Core 3000 Series ATX Case - Black Pearl
Fractal Design Core 3000 Series ATX Case - Black Pearl

4.0 out of 5 stars lmpressed mostly, 17 Nov 2012
I'm not sure how no reviewers mention this but in the product picture there clearly shows a base/stand and it would appear the case is sat up on an angle which to me was quite appealing and part of a deciding factor for purchasing this, well when I got it there were only bog standard feet so I queried this with amazon and to there credit like allways very quick and helpfull, I was told they would investigate and get back to me and soon enough they did, response was abit odd I thought tho, I was told there is no mention of a stand so I shouldn't of expected 1, um well my response was in the photo there clearly is a stand/base and there is no mention that it doesn't come with a stand, anyway I was told if I wanted to I could send it back but instead I made a stand exactly how I was expecting from the photo (luckily in my line of work that was no problem)

As for the case it's self I'd say brilliant, with the amount of fans as standard it is very cool but because I oc the gpu and for the sake of it I'm adding 4 additional fans today.

Global Comms tvLINK
Global Comms tvLINK
Offered by Cable Guy Direct
Price: 5.42

5.0 out of 5 stars I agree, 17 Nov 2012
This is fantastic, I even had an old sky + controller in cupboard as a bonus.
Followed the easy set up and it's literally like having sky in second room it's that responsive.

Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Guild Wars 2 - Standard Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES
Price: 34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars oh my, 17 Nov 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Graphics are really poor, an insult to my gtx 560 ti (bf3/skyrim on ultra) it looks and feels free.
I'm sure there's lots of fun to be had so if you don't mind what I said youl most probably love it, also it's come along at a great now there's bit of niche in the market with wow dying, pandas wtf
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 10:58 AM GMT

Navman Mio 475 UK & ROI Mapping - 4.3" Widescreen Display
Navman Mio 475 UK & ROI Mapping - 4.3" Widescreen Display

2.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, 4 July 2012
I've had this probably a year now.
The price was ok at the time that was the main reason for buying it. There a few things that's bugged me from the start with it, you cant choose alternative routes which is a real pain, you can choose easy quickest etc which isnt the same, for eg I want to go to A from B and the sat nav is trying to take me via a large busy town which is murder to drive through, what I have to do is plan 2 routes just to avoid it, why should I? the on-screen layout is poor, there's a banner that goes across the top of the screen so horizon is obscured, it bugs me but no real issue and its frozen a few times on the motorway.
Other reviews have mentioned the pronunciation thing as a negative but I just laugh really, pond is pronounced pund, 1 reviewer mentioned petrol station is pronounced petal station and I can confirm it is true lol, the mispronunciations are endless.

Now for the real negatives
Software and customer service, to be brief cant install new maps or even get the download started to do so (spent a few hours trying), when I try and enter "my Voices" I get a warning box pop up asking me to insert the installation disk?? ok... so I do, try and nope same message over and over, im not a novice on computers but defiantly beaten here, its like software from 10 years ago (crap). I contacted customer services, eventually, after nearly a week I get a rushed answer where only this software question was addressed saying oh reinstall and try again and it will work fine?? yeah I have and no better now what?? I sent another message back explaining this and still waiting for an answer back..
im now selling this and buying a tomtom like I should of done to start with lol