Profile for Starchild > Reviews

Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On Foot, Across Europe to Rome
Like a Tramp, Like A Pilgrim: On Foot, Across Europe to Rome
by Harry Bucknall

5.0 out of 5 stars On to Jerusalem!, 24 Oct. 2014
I loved this book. It was so easy to get into and kept me interested all the way through. It was thought provoking without ever getting too heavy and I was interested in the other characters the author met along the way. Maybe there's a bit in all of us that would like to do something like this but never will, so thank you Harry. And now, on to Jerusalem please!

Songs Of Praise: Much Loved Hymns
Songs Of Praise: Much Loved Hymns

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and comforting., 29 Dec. 2012
Great value and production. Lovely selection of hymns. I bought this for my Mum and she enjoys it very much. Highly recommended.

Heroes - Wartime Favourites, 50 Classic Tracks
Heroes - Wartime Favourites, 50 Classic Tracks

5.0 out of 5 stars Wartime singalong, 29 Dec. 2012
This double cd is great value for money. My elderly Mum loves it as do the other residents of her care home. So many familiar tunes, it's amazing how many of the old folk join in and singalong. Not just for them though, I really enjoy it myself! Feels like being in another era, definitely recommended listening.

Furminator Dog De Shedding Tool Medium
Furminator Dog De Shedding Tool Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars No 1 stripper, 17 Nov. 2012
This is still the best coat stripping tool around. Removes lots of loose hair and leaves the coat shinier and sleeker looking. Good quality, made to last. Highly recommended.

The 21/2 Pillars of Wisdom
The 21/2 Pillars of Wisdom
by Alexander McCall Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly entertaining!, 28 Aug. 2011
I loved this book. It was bought as a gift for me because I have read many of the author's other works. However, this is very different to his other books, and after a short time to familiarise myself with the (very)humorous style, I fell completely under it's spell. I lost count of the times I had to read bits out to my other half to explain fits of giggling. Gentle, subtle humour, written with great skill.Go on,give it a try, you'll love it!

ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 350 ml
ThermoCafé Stainless Steel Flask, 350 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Dec. 2010
This is a great little flask. It's small enough to fit in a shoulder or handbag, and holds one large mug. I use it for coffee, and drink it usually 5 hours after making. It's absolutely piping hot.Just remember to heat the flask with hot water for a few minutes before using and it's perfect. Highly recommended!

Sonic Boom
Sonic Boom

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU GOT THE BEST!!, 10 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Sonic Boom (Audio CD)
This is a great album. The energy is amazing and every song is a winner, especially the brilliant "Modern day Delilah", " Never Enough " and my personal favourite " Say Yeah". Paul Stanley is on top form and you'll be singing along to every track. Buy this, you won't regret it!!

The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Poirot)
The Mysterious Affair at Styles (Poirot)
by Agatha Christie

5.0 out of 5 stars Left me wanting more!, 10 Aug. 2010
I chose this book as it was the first in the series and an introduction to Hercule Poirot. I was not disappointed. The plot kept me guessing, the characters were interesting and well portrayed - particularly Hastings - and it left me wanting to read more of Poirot. I've since read two more books in this series and recommend this as a starting point. You will want more!