Profile for Mark Fisher > Reviews

Sorcerer 2014
Sorcerer 2014
Price: 28.09

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic cd, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Sorcerer 2014 (Audio CD)
I loved the original soundtrack, (but not, alas, the film) by Tangerine Dream, (I refuse to use T.Dream), but this re-working of the score is absolutley magnificent. Full of pulsating synth lines and lush arrangements. Try and locate this for 20.00 plus, (not 60.00!!) if you can. If you like the band Tangerine Dream, in my opinion you will love this new disc. BUY IT.I don't think that you will regret it or be disappointed.

Red Sun [DVD] [1971]
Red Sun [DVD] [1971]
Dvd ~ Charles Bronson
Price: 12.08

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Film Poor dvd quality, 17 May 2014
This review is from: Red Sun [DVD] [1971] (DVD)
This is a very good film with an engaging storyline,good actors, and well filmed. However, I have to say that the picture quality is poor and the audio quality is even worse. I wish I could find this film issued on another label, tidied up or remastered. 10/10 for the film, 3/10, (and that is being generous) for picture and sound quality. I really wanted to return this but it is not the fault of the seller.Hopefully, I can purchase again a better version in future.

PLASTIC 38 CM Rectangular WASHING UP bowl LARGE DISH DRAINER WITH DISH DRAINER TRAY SET OF 3 PIECE HIGH QUALITY -TEAL
Offered by FINE STAR
Price: 10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 10 May 2014
I received my new washing up bowl and drainer today, good product, nice colour to brighten up any kitchen and good price (Incl delivery and post and packing). Cheaper than my local supermarket. For a good basic product for your kitchen sink and washing up I would happily recommend.

Tour De France
Tour De France
Price: 14.94

5.0 out of 5 stars What an absolutley fantastic album., 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: Tour De France (Audio CD)
I received this today, having not heard the album before and must say this album is amazing. Kraftwerk sound both retro and futuristic, and to my ears have their own unique sound. All the remastered albums, (Radio-Activity, Trans Europe Express, Autobahn,Man Machine, Computerworld, Techno Pop, and Tour De France) deserve 10/10 and should be in any serious collection. Tour De France really takes you on a aural journey, and remind you that the human body, is at the end of the day, a machine. (Albeit a miracleous one).Anyway, if you are thinking of buying this, DO SO, I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

20th Century Blues (Digipak)
20th Century Blues (Digipak)
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 8.73

5.0 out of 5 stars what a fantastic album, 10 Aug 2013
I have listened to this cd several times since I purchased it, and I must say that I am very impressed. I have always thought it is unfair that Robin Trower is thought of as a Hendrix copy (ist). I think Trower has his own unique style and he rings the emotion out of his fender strats. In my humble opinion, Trower is one of the best guitarists around today. (Along with Tony Iommi who is also very underated). Anyway buy this, I promise you will not be disappointed.

Offered by MediaMine
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent new album, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: 13 (Audio CD)
I received this cd today and am very impressed. I have always thought that tony iommi is criminally underated. There are plenty of his trademark riffs, chord changes, tempo changes and awe inspiring solos on display here. Other bands are in debt to Sabbath but none can match them. Buy this I promise you will not be disappointed.

Surplus Short Pants "Trooper Shorts", Size: XL, Color: olive
Surplus Short Pants "Trooper Shorts", Size: XL, Color: olive

5.0 out of 5 stars am really happy with these., 5 Jun 2013
I am really happy with these retro trooper shorts. The only point I would raise is that the sizes are very big. The first pair I bought was xxl (my normal size, I know some people would say I am fat.). bit too big. xl size ok for me, I would trade down a size. The above is in no way meant as a critisism just some friendly advice. I would still give these 10/10.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2013 12:34 AM BST

Geoff Love & His Orchestra - Star Wars and other space themes & Close Encounters of the Third Kind and other disco galactic themes
Offered by Vocalion/Dutton Epoch Direct (Crazygreen8)
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars what a funky listen., 19 Mar 2013
Some of the arrangements on this sound better than the original theme tunes (e.g Space 1999 and U.F.O). I had these albums on vinyl in my childhood. (Bought from Woolworths, what memories!!). Anyway both discs are brilliant. They sound both retro and futuristic. This was really the sound of the future.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 18, 2013 6:29 PM BST

Kpm And Conroy Recorded Music Libraries
Kpm And Conroy Recorded Music Libraries
Price: 17.21

5.0 out of 5 stars what an amazing cd, 19 Mar 2013
The material on this cd sounds amazing, some are funky, some are easy,I cannot believe music this good was never made commercially available. I must mention the remastering on the vocalion label. I do not know what wizadry they use but all the sounds sound pristine. I will be buying more kpm releases on this label soon. 10/10.

Come Taste the Band [35th Anniversary Edition]
Come Taste the Band [35th Anniversary Edition]
Price: 14.53

5.0 out of 5 stars what a funky album, 24 Feb 2013
It is a shame this album was overlooked in the great Deep Purple body of work! as it is bluesy, funky and the re-mixes sound fantastic. 10/10. r.i.p Tommy Bolin.

Page: 1 | 2