Profile for the master > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Brightest Void
The Brightest Void

5.0 out of 5 stars extreme void, 25 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Brightest Void (Audio CD)
This is a well-produced album. The drumming is good and solid. I expected Witch-Hunt to be a studio version of what I have heard on the beauty and the beat video but this one has been given a metal makeover which is excellent. The jazzy 60’s Goldfinger has a metallic boast and fits in as well. I luv the original Paradise but I take this as a bonus. Overall, Tarja’s vocal is outstanding in this album and I hope we can expect a brilliant performance from the upcoming “Shadow Self” the main album. I am not a fan of duet except for Paradise.

All Our Yesterdays
All Our Yesterdays

5.0 out of 5 stars darker..., 29 Sept. 2015
This review is from: All Our Yesterdays (Audio CD)
This is much a rockier album. Candice singing is always great. With the instrumentals, I could even hear son of alerik. Thanks Ritchie.

Ave Maria - En Plein Air
Ave Maria - En Plein Air

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank god it's tarja., 29 Sept. 2015
Holy Jesus, one album full of Ave Maria. But then this is Tarja at her classical best. I have seen Tarja’s capability with classical songs in B&B and Harus. A must for diehard fans and critics alike. I luv the digipak, only takes up half the space of jewel case.

Luna Park Ride [Blu-ray]
Luna Park Ride [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Tarja

5.0 out of 5 stars what a ride....., 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Luna Park Ride [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Luna Park Ride was the third dvd on the media box set of Act 1 as a limited edition.
Since I have upgrade Act 1 to a blu-ray, I longed to have Luna Park on blu-ray as well. Now with over seventy odd minutes of extra bonus material, it’s definitely worth all the hassle. Although LPR was fans’ video from various sources like mobile phones, camcorders, etc.; it is well edited from various angles.There is still a fair amount of professionally filmed footage because fans have no access from certain angles. The live music was recorded professionally thus give you the high quality 5.1 sound. You will be surprised some of the performances were one of the best from Tarja. Probably the best Stargazer I have seen. LPR is exciting.
The bonus materials are a class of its own and an added compliment to all those who already have the original LPR dvd from Act 1.Bonus footage from Tele-Club Russia, Wacken Germany and Summer Breeze Germany are good. The brilliant performance of Damned & Divine and Neverlight is just class act. Anteroom of Death with Van Cantor is outstanding. Worth the time. I bought my copy from Napalm records because I luv my german friends. Every fan should have a copy.

Blackmores Night - A Knight in
Blackmores Night - A Knight in

5.0 out of 5 stars ... to the DVD I already had because it is good. Blackmore is my hero, 28 Feb. 2015
An addition to the DVD I already had because it is good. Blackmore is my hero.

Act I [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Act I [Blu-ray] [2012] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Tarja Turunen

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Feb. 2015
Brilliant! This is a replacement and a compliment to the DVD box set I already have. Luv it.

Left In The Dark
Left In The Dark

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness revealed…., 21 July 2014
This review is from: Left In The Dark (Audio CD)
The demos are not snippet of some rejects but actually show full variation of ideas and representations which are very exciting indeed. I initially had the three bonus track that came with the box “colour” set as download. It is good to have them now on official cd. The highlight of this cd is the orchestrated version of Neverlight. Never a dull moment.

Beauty & The Beat [DVD] [2014]
Beauty & The Beat [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Tarja Turunen

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty and Everybody Else…., 21 July 2014
This DVD is unlike Harus or Act 1. It is more beauty and the orchestra. The first section of the concert is reasonably good. After the intermission it gets more exciting. Witch Hunt is brilliant. The performance of Mein Herr Marquis is classically outstanding. Tarja’s performance overall is pretty fantastic. For the fans, this is worth adding to the collection.

Someplace Better (Limited Digipak)
Someplace Better (Limited Digipak)

5.0 out of 5 stars So close..., 2 Mar. 2014
Hell, what can I say? Most of the songs are reasonably good with a few outstanding ones like The Promise and What Lies Beneath. Christianna’s vocal is as strong and actually sounded better in certain songs. This album would have been great if it was released two or three years after Silent Scr3am, not half a decade later. A lot of the fans have moved on and it’s hard to build a new strong fan base again. Never go into hibernation for whatever reasons if a band wants to maintain the on-going enthusiasm of the fans. Probably now a good dvd would help for an anticipation of an incredible next album. Not a century later please.

Perils Of The Deep Blue
Perils Of The Deep Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars deeper than ever...., 13 July 2013
This review is from: Perils Of The Deep Blue (Audio CD)
Scary but true... Ailyn is now darker, more evil and wicked than ever. In fact Sirenia is now heavier and darker with better arrangements all probably thanks to the united front. This is by far the best Sirenia album to date. Ailyn sounds great and I'm impressed by her new outstanding vocal approach. And when an album sounds better with each playing, you know it is a good album. Horns up! Sirenia.
Comment Comment | Permalink