Profile for Mr. N. Robins > Reviews

Content by Mr. N. Robins

Mr. N. Robins (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Lexar 32GB 45MB/s Jumpdrive S73 USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
Lexar 32GB 45MB/s Jumpdrive S73 USB 3.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

1.0 out of 5 stars UTTER RUBBISH, 20 Mar 2014
I have bought 4 of these & 3 have failed, two returned for refund/exchange & the other binned as outside the 30 day Amazon return policy. Avoid this memory stick and plump for anything bar these. Needless to state not impressed....

Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones - Copper/Black
Klipsch Mode M40 Noise Cancelling Over Ear Headphones - Copper/Black
Offered by RB Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars As Expected, 15 Nov 2013
I have tried Souls, Beats & owned Koss Pro 4a's, Bang & Olufsen, Shure in ear, Bose on ear & Sony over's. THE KLIPSCH are by far the best headset I have had the pleasure to own. The quality of reproduction of 320kbps tracks is very impressive (Haven't tried Flac to date) without the ANC enabled. With the ANC enabled these take you to another place altogether.
However there is bleed from the cans, my wife could hear Celine Dion's dulcet tones bass from Skrillex and high & low sound from other artists but said it was not overly intrusive, unlike the Bose. I do wonder how effective/annoying this would be to a non related passenger should you wish to listen to them at high volume. I would stress that I was playing them at 85% volume on an ipad.
As others have stated that the headphones will improve further with approx 40hrs burn I look forward to be even more impressed. Would I recommend them; indeed i would.
My only concern would be if the ANC failed, you could possibly buy better passive headphones, but would still be a tall order to compare with the clarity of these. The ANC does what it states on the tin, cuts out external noises; my wife was hovering the living room & dog was barking at the leaves & I was blissfully unaware. Uninterrupted listening!
Comfort: I like the feel, yes they are heavier and tighter than Souls & Beats but you would be being very critical if you stated they were uncomfortable. I haven't worn mine for more than 3hrs but apart from a wee bit of 'ear burn' they cover my ear fully & I cannot fault these straight out of the box.
Accessories: What more could one ask for or want...
Oh and a 2 year warranty which still covers them even though for some crazy reason Klipsch are discontinuing the Mode M40's. I highly recommend buying a set for a third of their initial MRP.
I am not worried aesthetics or street cred as at 54yrs young all that matters in the music!
They do look good though.....

The Squirrel Hillbillies
The Squirrel Hillbillies

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple & Honest Folk, 16 Feb 2013
I love this album, as I say simple & honest folk music. Listen to the lyrics of When I'm gone & tell me you cannot relate to it!

Buy it & smile while listening to it....

Chatham Marine Men's The Bow Walnut Boat Shoe D1397-060 6 UK
Chatham Marine Men's The Bow Walnut Boat Shoe D1397-060 6 UK
Offered by Marshall Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort Personified, 2 Feb 2013
I am extremely impressed with these shoes. I was, at first, a touch cautious as this particular shoes is at the bottom of the Chatham range. But after spending nearly 5 times as much on a pair of (Slip on )blue Barbour deck shoes I have to say they are on par & if anything being a 'tied' boat shoe better. They are well constructed & do not be put off by the unlined internal as they are no different to any other shoes I have previously bought. Obviously time will tell regarding the longevity of the shoes but I have to say money very well spent.

Eliza Doolittle
Eliza Doolittle
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Eliza Doolittle, 4 July 2010
This review is from: Eliza Doolittle (Audio CD)
Saw Eliza on tour with Jamie Cullum & Ipswich & I have to say she was brilliant. I have been lucky enough to hear 11 of the album tracks & haven't stop playing them since. It has a feel good factor about the CD. Buy it you will not be dissapointed.

Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II (2.0) Multimedia Speakers with BasXPort Technology

2.0 out of 5 stars Issue with on/off switch/es, 13 Jan 2010
I have recently bought two pairs of these speakers, one set for my comupter, the other for my sons bedroom TV & laptop.
Within 1 month from purchase my speakers would not turn on, the on/off knob would turn but not 'click' & the blue indicication light would not come on. I was about to return my set to the seller when my son's set have started to have the same problem. Maybe a bad batch; other than that I would have been satisfied with the quality sound etc. FYI: My last creative speakers (Intrige 7.1) also failed just after the 2 year guarantee expired hence this purchase, the remote On/Off switch failed strangely enough. Did I find Creative support helpful; in a word NO.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 6, 2010 5:01 AM GMT

Samsung LE40B650T2 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Crystal LCD TV with Media 2.0 and Freeview

5.0 out of 5 stars Staggering Quality, 15 May 2009
The the only way I can describe the quality of this TV is staggering, I was in absolute awe when I switched it on. PS3 images were awesome, my son shook with excitement when Killzone came on. I played an old DVD through PS3 HDMI cable - Gladiator & I was dumbfounded by how good the picture was in some scenes it seemed like you were there - sounds corny I know but it is honestly how I felt & I am nearly my 50th birthday; maybe a 'senior moment'. I have not tried all the internet options to date as my USB dongle (Additional £40 for beyond TV) is winging its way to me nor have I tried Blu-ray discs but quite frankly if the Gladiator DVD is anything to go by I am prepared to be stunned. Sky HD + also being installed today & again the quality of Std Sky signal was awe inspiring so HD can only blow me away again. If you want a quality picture & a 'boys with toys' plaything go out & buy one - you will not be dissapointed. Google reviews of this models & to date I have not seen a negative review. I don't normally bother reviewing items I buy but after extensive research looking for a gem I think I found a diamond.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2009 12:13 PM BST

Nokia N95 Dynamic Multidapt Case
Nokia N95 Dynamic Multidapt Case

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what its says in the AD, 4 Sep 2008
Provides access to all functions & protecets. What more do you want. I trawled around all the shops in the high street & none came near to this. Clip is great but be careful as the clip inside the plastic clip is metal & has the tendancy to scratch. My only quibble though. Great case

The Script
The Script
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Unique, 12 Aug 2008
This review is from: The Script (Audio CD)
This is a truely brilliant debut album from The Script. There are touches of so many past bands & they are going to huge IMHO. So difficult to sumerise, so best you go out & buy it & make your own minds up. Great Album guys!

East Of Angel Town
East Of Angel Town
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, lay back & enjoy, 31 Oct 2007
This review is from: East Of Angel Town (Audio CD)
Excellent CD, Cincotti is IMHO Billy Joel, Jamie Cullum, Michael Buble with a touch of Don Henley rolled into one. He mixes 'Cullum' stye Jazz with a pop uptempo spin. It worked for me & I found every track an enjoyable experience. Have already ordered 'On the Moon' (previous CD) based on the fact that I love this guys voice/music.
Give it spin !