Profile for KW > Reviews

American Gods
American Gods
by Neil Gaiman

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic mind-blowing stuff., 9 Nov 2002
This review is from: American Gods (Paperback)
Wow! That's all I need to say really! This was an incredible book. It takes you on a journey and you don't see things quite the same way afterwards.

The book was a mixture of the surreal and the realistic, and I always experienced a jolt of surprise when it travelled suddenly between the two. The book kept turning unexpectedly, and no one was quite what they seemed, the bad guys and good guys kept swapping places until you learn not to trust any of them. There are so many unexpected twists it's impossible to predict the end of the book.
It turns every world religion on its head and makes you view religion and our changing attitudes towards it now and in the past in a totally new and different light.
All I can really say to you is READ IT, NOW! You won't regret it if you do.

Dragonsong (The Dragon Books)
Dragonsong (The Dragon Books)
by Anne McCaffrey

2.0 out of 5 stars not the best, 13 Jun 2001
This was a good storyline and well written, I also liked the way the timing overlapped with the previous book, however I did find it a bit solid in places and felt that the whole book should not have been devoted to Menolly. A good book in itself, I don't feel it kept up the action and suspense we are so used to in the rest of the series, the end was fairly predictable and feel that it could have been weaved into the previous book rather than having a separate book of it's own as it didn't have enough substance.