Profile for Peter > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Prestonian Lecture 2013: As We Were Seen - the Press and Freemasonry
The Prestonian Lecture 2013: As We Were Seen - the Press and Freemasonry
by Paul Richard Calderwood

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read which explains some but not all of ..., 5 July 2014
An interesting read which explains some but not all of the issues which have faced Freemasonry due to lazy and inaccurate newspaper reporting. It would have been improved by mention of the made-up newspaper articles of Leo Taxil which still get aired by the more extreme opponents of our craft.

HP 364XL Black Ink Cartridge (550 Pages)
HP 364XL Black Ink Cartridge (550 Pages)
Price: 13.84

5.0 out of 5 stars a very good product., 5 July 2014
It is as you would expect from HP, a very good product.

Certain Dri Certain Dri Antiperspirant Roll On For Excessive Perspiration, 1.2 oz
Offered by UniStore
Price: 8.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Probably the best anti-perspirant I have used.

Genuine KT Tape Pro Kinesiology Elastic Sports Tape - Pain Relief and Support (Stealth Beige, 5 Strips)
Offered by Cross Training UK
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 July 2014
Does as it says

W.L.Wilmshurst - The Ceremony of Initiation (The Complete Works of W L Wilmshurst Book 1)
Price: 3.50

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent explanation of the initiation process for the initiate and ..., 5 July 2014
An excellent explanation of the initiation process for the initiate and more experienced Freemasons. It gives the hidden meanings behind what we do in the Lodge; meanings which may be lost to many of us as we go through the ceremony. Extracts of this book would make a very useful lecture, and I hope many Lodges will do just that.

Thicker Than Water (Season One: Book 6) (Jessica Daniel)
Thicker Than Water (Season One: Book 6) (Jessica Daniel)
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very easy read, 17 May 2014
I have to admit I like the character of Jessica: she is very independant, not the easiest of people to work with, but still manages to engender a loyalty from her colleagues. This book is slightly different in that you get a glimpse of Jess in a marital relationship, which doesn't always sit comfortably with her career; but the pattern has an echo of previous books, where a vital piece of information only surfaces near the end. I don't mind that, but do get a bit frustrated that Jess is investigating a crime where everything is coming to a grinding halt, then she suddenly finds the answer. I'd like to be able to share the eurica moment as it happens. However, that apart, I shall continue to read the series as I find the books a very easy read after some of the weightier tombs I need to get through.

How To Crochet:  A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
How To Crochet: A Complete Guide for Absolute Beginners
by Alison McNicol
Price: 6.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to understand, 2 Dec 2013
Bought this for my wife, who decided to take up crocheting. She found it fairly easy to follow, with good illustrations.

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang [DVD] [1968]
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Dick Van Dyke
Price: 6.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, 2 Dec 2013
Bought this to replace a copy given to my son. We both love the film, which we both saw over forty years ago.

All Purpose Perching Stool - adjustable height and arms
All Purpose Perching Stool - adjustable height and arms
Offered by Fenetic Wellbeing
Price: 37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than buying in a shop, 5 Sep 2013
Bought this to assist my wife after a total hip replacement. It artived on time. in good condition & was easy to assemble. The chair is ideal when having a strip wash, fir making up, and also, as the name implies, to perch when having short rests.

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black
Price: 41.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for my purposes, 3 July 2013
Very small and compact. Have not yet put music on it, but am using it to learn lines from a play. The sound quality is good, even when attached to speakers. I won't give it five stars because of the lack of comprehensive instructions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3