Profile for Bluebell > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 72

Bluebell (UK)
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
suprafleece EAR MUFF WARMER Headband - Unisex (Light blue)
suprafleece EAR MUFF WARMER Headband - Unisex (Light blue)
Offered by Just 4 fun Leisurewear
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money but rather large, 28 Jun 2014
These headbands are really more suited to male heads. I don't have a particularly small head but found these headbands too loose. I remedied the problem by slitting the back seam and re-sewing to back seam to make the circumference smaller

Caedmon's Song (An Inspector Banks Mystery)
Caedmon's Song (An Inspector Banks Mystery)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars An engaging story, 28 Jun 2014
Though classed as an Inspector Banks novel it isn't, but nevertheless its a page-turning crime novel that a bit different.

Ondarre Graciano Rioja 75 cl (Case of 6)
Ondarre Graciano Rioja 75 cl (Case of 6)
Price: 65.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Delcious wine at a great price, 28 Jun 2014
I've had earlier vintages of this wine and am glad to say that the 2008 is excellent. Richly flavoured, full-bodied wine that goes well with beef and lamb dishes. I love it with pastrami, cheddar and rye sandwiches.

It's very good value for the quality of wine

PAIR OF TEA TOWEL HOLDERS/TEA TOWEL GRIPS- Self Adhesive & also screw in option
PAIR OF TEA TOWEL HOLDERS/TEA TOWEL GRIPS- Self Adhesive & also screw in option
Offered by Trade Supplies-UK
Price: 3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Still sticking after a couple of months, 23 Feb 2014
I wanted a simple way of holding my rubber gloves on the inside of a cupboard door and so tried these seldf-adhesive holders. After a couple of months they're still holding firm after a coule of months of use. I push my rubber gloves in and out several times a week.

Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black)
Transcend P8 15-in-1 USB 2.0 Flash Memory Card Reader TS-RDP8K (Black)
Price: 8.60

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 23 Feb 2014
I was having trouble with the SD card reader slot on my iMac. Evidently not an uncommon problem. This little device has been working fine and reading my SD card with no glitches.

The Virtues of the Table: How to Eat and Think
The Virtues of the Table: How to Eat and Think
Price: 7.72

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 23 Feb 2014
I found this an interesting book, especially the early chapters that discussed such things as the carbon footprints of foods based on the geographical sources, with some surprises, and the ethics of different dietary regimes, such as vegetarian v. omnivorous. The author is on shakier ground when he ventures into the medical/nutritional aspects of eating. I found the later chapters less good and rather long-winded with less substance, but overall I enjoyed the book and found it worth-reading.

36"X18" Hot Water Cylinder Jacket for 35 Gallon Tank
36"X18" Hot Water Cylinder Jacket for 35 Gallon Tank
Offered by CosyHomeStore
Price: 16.98

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 1 Jan 2014
I have a 35 gallon hot water cylinder with a thin sprayed on polystyrene coating. I thought an extra layer of insulation would be a good thing. Contrary to other reviewers I found it awkward to fit as the panels are not tapered in any way at the top: the jacket is merely four rectangles with single eyelets at one end. One is provided with an elasticated shoelace and two plastic tapes: both are merely tied with a knot. I notice that the illustration shows three tapes round the body of the jacket which would be better at achieving the necessary tight fit. I found it very difficult to fit the jacket around the top of the cylinder without leaving a gap and the shoe-lace is very short and I kept losing panels down the back of the of the tank. The jacket is too short for my 35 gal tank: there's nearly a foot uncovered at the base. I'm not too worried about the latter as heated water rises to the top of the cylinder. Overall it's merely OK.

SuperLED 2-Way Reversible Indoor/Outdoor Window Thermometer
SuperLED 2-Way Reversible Indoor/Outdoor Window Thermometer
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited
Price: 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful during daylight hours, 24 Nov 2013
This thermometer has a large display that is easy to see, but only during daylight hours. I had hoped to have it on the outside of my bedroom window to check in the morning how cold it was, but on dark winter mornings one cannot see the display. Setting up is a bit fiddly as one has to remove two tiny screws to take off a panel that conceals the battery compartment. Fortunately a little screw-driver is included plus the battery, though the one supplied with my device gives the message that it will need to be replaced soon.

So far the suction cups are holding the window after a week of use.

H&S Super Strong Adjustable Combination Luggage Suitcase Trolley Strap Security Lock (Rainbow)
Offered by H&S Alliance UK Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy strap. annoying lock, 12 Nov 2013
I bought two of these and found that the straps are well-made and are easy to adjust. The only down-side is that aligning the three rotating dials for the lock is tricky. If the three numbers are not exactly in line one can't get the clasp open.

An Officer and a Spy
An Officer and a Spy
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb retelling of an injustice, 12 Nov 2013
When I saw the long list of unfamiliar characters I feared that I might not be gripped by this book. How wrong I was! It is an utterly gripping page-turner that left me shocked at the injustices that Dreyfus and his brave champion Picquart endured. The audacity of the cover-up by the army and its supporters beggars belief. Unreservedly recommended as a gripping and moving book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2014 7:40 PM BST