Profile for Cuppa Tease > Reviews

Content by Cuppa Tease

Cuppa Tease "Ems x" (Kent, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer, Stainless Steel
Kitchen Craft Oven Thermometer, Stainless Steel

4.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than buying a new oven, 1 Feb. 2014
I was wondering why my yorkshire puddings, cakes, etc wouldn't rise and were a bit hit and miss in my oven. One day I would make a lovely banana bread, the next time it would turn out brick like. Brought one of these and have realised that my oven runs 20 degrees cooler than the setting says most of the time!!! Now I go by what it says on the thermometer, not what the dial says and things have been much better since.

Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker 5 Litres 1.5 KW - White
Morphy Richards 48615 Intellichef Multicooker 5 Litres 1.5 KW - White

4.0 out of 5 stars So far I really like it, 1 Feb. 2014
I have one issue with it however. The indentations in the side of the base where the steamer rack sits causes steam to escape i.e. there are gaps between the lid and the pot. This is a bit of an issue, I've found, when slow cooking. My old slow cooker I could leave and wouldn't really need to top up at all. I have been getting round this issue when slow cooking by using more liquid than I normally would, and also have been cooking on 80 degrees instead. My chicken stew was cooked nicely.

When I brought it I was a little worried it would be too big for just me and my son, but after the first use I was reassured on that front. I managed to make one and a half portions of risotto (in other words a small amount) and it came out lovely. Most of the time I will be using it to cook joints of meat and slow cook in bulk, but it's good to know I can use it to cook smaller meals too.

I've also cooked a joint of pork in it (taking the rind off after a while and putting it on top of the roast spuds in the oven to crisp up and turn into crackling) so it does roast (of sorts), but isn't a halogen oven, so won't make roast spuds or brown your chicken (as per comments on other reviews)

I've made chips in it. Something I haven't perfected yet, but that is because of my cooking rather than the unit, the results were better than normal, so was still happy (I'm getting there!).

I haven't steamed in it yet. I plan to make some of Jamies (Oliver) pulled pork steamed buns. If/when I do I will update to tell you how I got on with the rack/steaming.

Shop4 Bicycle Handle Bar Holster / Holder / Cradle for HTC Mobile Phones
Shop4 Bicycle Handle Bar Holster / Holder / Cradle for HTC Mobile Phones
Offered by Accessoryworld

4.0 out of 5 stars Why pay more? It does the job nicely, 1 Feb. 2014
It's great. I can put my phone on the handle bars and run a music, tracking or navigational app while I ride. You can angle it to suit you and and your bike, and the foam side pieces stop it falling out and protect it from bumps.

Prestige Cartridge Non-OEM Compatible High Yield Ink Cartridge for 364XL Series - Assorted (Pack of 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars So much cheaper than main brand ones, 1 Feb. 2014
I think if you want super quality then you might want to pay the extra money for the real thing, but for every day use, these are great. I haven't noticed the difference. The only thing I notice is my printer grumbling (I love that word, lol) at me to put some real ones in. I just say 'oh stop your moaning and do your job' and it does!

Brainstorm Toys RC Illuminated Solar System
Brainstorm Toys RC Illuminated Solar System

3.0 out of 5 stars It's not a light, 1 Feb. 2014
It's not bright enough to be a light and is a little noisy when it's rotating. The remote needs to be pointed towards the solar system otherwise it doesn't work. Saturns ring has to be put at an angle otherwise it falls off. It was also a bit of a faff to get it in place, I kept knocking off the planets, so I'm not looking forward to when the batteries go. It would have been better if it was a mains light. I'm not sure I would recommend it. That said, my son seems to like it, It's educational and the noise isn't enough to keep him awake, so I don't think he minds much.

University Games Galaxy of Stars Glow in the Dark Set Contains Over 300 Glow in the Dark Pieces
Offered by BIC WAREHOUSE

4.0 out of 5 stars Stars, planets and all sorts!, 1 Feb. 2014
I would like to warn you though that some of the '300' are in on a sheet of small stickers. We didn't mind though as there was more than enough of the plastic shapes to cover the ceiling (of my son's large bedroom room), then we had lots of stickers for his headboard and toybox, with lots spare.

Childrens Play Rocket Rugs 70 x 100cm Perfect for any little boys room cheap and affordable high quality Rugs
Offered by West Derby Carpets Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and thick, 1 Feb. 2014
It's really thick and colourful. My son loves it and it finishes off his space bedroom perfectly. It's nice and heavy so doesn't move around the floor when walked/played on.

Laika Designs School Uniform Fleece Sweatpants Jogging Bottoms Kids Boys Girls Black 3-4 Years
Offered by Laika Designs

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfy and easy to get on and off, 1 Feb. 2014
They came up a little long on my son. I'm not sure if this is because normally his jogging bottoms are cuffed. They are nice quality though and should last a few bumps and scrapes.

Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)
Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect first pens for little hands, 1 Feb. 2014
A nice thick tip, so you don't have to worry about the tip breaking when your little one decides to press hard or dab at the picture. All the quality you would expect from Crayola, and being Crayola I feel more confident that they really are 'washable'. We haven't had any accidents with them yet though (thank goodness), if/when we do I'll update to tell you how well they clean off. Some things are worth spending the extra few pennies on, and these are one of those things. As they weren't that expensive I decided that it would, in the end, work out a lot cheaper than a new carpet having brought cheaper pens and finding out they weren't 'washable' after all.

Calm Down Boris!
Calm Down Boris!
by Sam Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars A much loved book in our house, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Calm Down Boris! (Hardcover)
My son (and my nephew) loves this book and I love hearing him in fits of laughter when Boris tries to kiss him with his 'tickley kisses' haha. It's a book I don't think either of us will get bored of. A book every parent of young children should have. I will definitely be adding more Same Lloyd books to our collection (we also have 'Not so scary Sid')

Page: 1 | 2 | 3