Profile for Nigel Buckley > Reviews

Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black
Samsung Battery Charger Stand for Galaxy S2 (No Battery Included) - Black
Offered by TOTAL ACCESSORIES

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Little Gadget!, 31 Mar 2012
What can you say about this? I'm really impressed with this, it's so simple and well-made, the plastic body is thick and substantial. Simply insert the battery, connect the charger and away you go! Wait for the red light to turn green and you're done. Perfect! An excellent gadget for a miniscule price. If you've got a Galaxy SII, get one of these and a spare battery, you won't regret it!

Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series Headphones with Noise Isolation Earbuds - Black
Sony MDREX310LPB Monitor Series Headphones with Noise Isolation Earbuds - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Earphones, 31 Mar 2012
I've tried several different makes of earphones, looking for a pair that sounded good, were comfortable and actually stayed where they were supposed to, without having to spend silly money. Well, I think I might have found some that fit the bill at long last! The MDR-EX310LPB sound good, with good bass and clear treble. I listen to various types of music such as acoustic folk, electronic rock, prog rock, heavy metal and others. I've been very impressed with the sound of these Sony's on every type. They feel comfortable and stay in much better than any earphones I've tried up to yet. The only reason I've not given these five stars is that they were more expensive than I would have liked. I would recommend these without hesitation.

Anker® 1900mAh Li-ion Battery For Samsung Galaxy S2 II GT-I9100, Galaxy S2 II I9100, Galaxy S2 II 9100G, EB-F1A2GBU
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Unnecessary Extra?, 31 Mar 2012
I bought this after reading the various horror stories about the battery life of the Galaxy SII. I installed this Anker battery instead of the original right from the start and I was very pleased to get two full days use, even with all the messing about in setting the phone up from scratch. Then I ran out of charge at an inconvenient time and put the original battery in (I'd previously charged it in the Samsung battery charger accessory!). Since then I've run the original battery and not noticed any real drop-off in usable time. So, is the Anker battery worth paying extra for, rather than the original battery? Not in my experience! It's good to have a spare battery, charged up and ready to go, but I think I'd have just bought another original battery if I'd known that the difference in battery life was so minimal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 3, 2012 3:09 AM BST

TP-Link TD-W8960N 300Mbps Wireless N ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Be Better, 27 Mar 2012
I bought this router to replace and upgrade a dead Netgear router. As I was unhappy with the build quality of Netgear's equipment I thought I'd try TP-Link - an unknown maker for me. When I unpacked it my first thought was that the build quality was much better than my old Netgear. The glossy white casing is reassuringly solid and the antennae screw on with solid brass screws instead of Netgear's flimsy plastic snap-in attachments. The instructions advise that you set up via ethernet, but you cannot run the CD without an ethernet connection. As my router is well away from my computer, ethernet connection is too much of a hassle, so I ignored the CD and TP-Link's client and set up via the browser. Everything went well on the install on Windows 7 64 bit but, when I checked the connection speed, my computers with 150 mbps adapters were only connecting at 72 mbps and my laptop with a 300 mbps adapter was connecting at 130 mbps. I checked the settings and couldn't see any obvious way to uprate the connection speed. After much faffing about, emailing TP-Link's Customer Care twice and more faffing about, I finally discovered that you have to switch the bandwidth in the Advanced Settings from 20MHz to 20/40MHz! It is sold as a 300Mbps router - why is it set to 150Mbps by default and then the setting to get what you've paid for buried in jargon-filled menus? Now I've sorted that, everything is running as it should, the connection is stable and the range is perfect for my needs. Would I recommend this router? Yes, but not to a novice in setting up routers, the set-up screens are needlessly complicated and jargon filled, with very little explanation about what the various settings are supposed to alter. I took a star off for that and another star off for the hassle I had getting it running at full speed and the necessity of having to email support twice with the same request (By the time they replied, I'd found the answer by myself!).
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2012 11:17 AM BST

64MB 60ns 144-PIN EDO SODIMM MEMORY RAM FOR LAPTOPS/NOTEBOOKS
64MB 60ns 144-PIN EDO SODIMM MEMORY RAM FOR LAPTOPS/NOTEBOOKS
Offered by GLOBAL MEMORY

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Memories!, 28 Feb 2012
This memory arrived extremely quickly. I was concerned that I would be unable to get this memory because the laptop I wanted it for is ancient. Global Memory proved me wrong! It arrived well-packaged, with comprehensive fitting instructions. It took me about two minutes to fit and it was recognised without a hitch on boot-up. I'm extremely pleased and will no doubt order again the next time I update.

HDIUK 10 x Large 650ml Microwave / Freezer Safe Plastic Lunch Boxes / food containers + Lids for Batch cooking ready meals, Chilli, pasta, rice, curry, Potaoes and more
Offered by HDIUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Bigger Boxes, 28 Feb 2012
These are very useful containers. Much sturdier than the ones you get from the take-away and should last a while. I'm very pleased with the price and quality and will no doubt be purchasing more soon.

HDIUK 12 x Medium 500ml Microwave / Freezer Safe Plastic Lunch Boxes / food containers + Lids for Batch cooking ready meals, Chilli, pasta, rice, curry, Potatoes and more
Offered by HDIUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Little Boxes (not made of ticky-tacky!), 28 Feb 2012
I was very pleased when I received these containers. They are much sturdier than I expected. They're not the flimsy things you get from the take-away, which is what I thought I'd get, they're at least twice the thickness of plastic and should last for a while with reasonable care. Highly recommended!

Universal 90W Switchable Laptop Adapter/Charger/Power Supply. Compatible with many models including Dell, Compaq, Toshiba, Fujitsu and Acer. Including UK Mains Lead
Offered by PC 247

4.0 out of 5 stars Confusing Charger!, 28 Feb 2012
For the price this is not a bad charger. The one I received is not the same as the one pictured, mine having the voltage selector on the end of the brick next to the outlet for the cable connecting to the laptop. It states clearly in the description that it will supply the 19 volts my laptop required, the one I received would supply 18.5 or 19.5, but not 19 volts. I know I might be being a little picky, I know it's only half a volt either way, but things like that irritate me! Also, the various tips that are supplied are not obviously identifiable. I fitted one, connected the charger and waited. I booted the laptop, checked and it still said it was running on battery. After much faffing about I discovered I'd fitted the wrong tip, the one I'd used went on to the connector on the laptop, but didn't contact the center pin! Once I'd fitted the right tip everything worked as it should (But at 18.5 not 19 volts ;-p ). On closer inspection, the various tips are identified by moulded letters on the black plastic bodies, but there is no paperwork telling you what the tips are. Not very good for someone with a sight difficulty like me. Would I recommend this charger? Yes, but with slight reservations.

Atom Geek T-Shirt (XX-Large, Red)
Atom Geek T-Shirt (XX-Large, Red)
Offered by Rinsed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Shirt!, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: Atom Geek T-Shirt (Apparel)
This is a very colourful shirt, well-made and comfortable. The material seems to be a decent quality, maybe not as thick as american shirts but it looks as if it should last a while. The logo is well printed and looks robust enough to stand a few washes without dropping off. Very happy to recommend this shirt.

CDosRun
CDosRun
Offered by Rinsed

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent T-Shirt!, 8 Feb 2012
This review is from: CDosRun Geek T-Shirt (Apparel)
This is an excellent t-shirt for geeks! I thought the joke was funny. Do not buy this shirt if you don't like social interaction or you'll be upset at the number of times you have to explain the joke to muggles! The shirt is made of reasonable material and the printing of the text looks as if it will resist washing quite well, so I'm very happy. Recommended shirt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11