Profile for Nigel Buckley > Reviews

ETC Stem Quill Fork - Silver, 100 x 25.4 mm
ETC Stem Quill Fork - Silver, 100 x 25.4 mm
Price: 16.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Quality Stem!, 28 April 2013
This review is from: ETC Stem Quill Fork (Sports)
I got this to replace a rusty steel stem on my old Raleigh bike. I'd been unable to find a suitable replacement from the usual bike websites, saw this on Amazon and thought that it looked perfect for my needs. The first impression on unpacking is the high quality of finish and construction. The range of adjustment is enormous, almost more than you could need! Fitting was a breeze! Remove the handlebars from the old stem, no need to remove grips, levers etc., remove the old stem, fit new stem, refit handlebars, adjust everything to your desired position and tighten everything. Time taken - about half an hour. It looks the business, really smartens my old bike up! If you need a 1 inch quill fitting stem, why buy anything else? Quality, finish and price make this stem unbeatable IMHO!!

Black & Decker GL4525SB 450W Strimmer Gear Drive Trim and Edge Reflex Auto Line Feed

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing!, 15 April 2013
I was dubious about ordering this, but I decided to ignore the poor reviews and order this as I didn't want a petrol strimmer. Bad idea! It's not particularly powerful, it's very easy to stall the cutting head and then it just squeals and doesn't cut anything. The auto feed didn't work at all until I enlarged the hole in the line spool. The line spool was seized onto the centre shaft! I knew that I'd need a mains extension lead, but even so, the attached power lead is ridiculously short. All in all, a very disappointing tool from Black and Decker. I'm seriously considering dumping this and getting a petrol strimmer. Would I recommend this model? NO!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Colourful!, 11 April 2013
I ordered two pairs of these and I'm very pleased to say that they are very colourful and make you stand out from the usual. Every time they're worn they attract admiring comments from people, who usually want to know where to get some from! I'm so pleased with them I've just ordered some more!

GT85 Mountain Bike Maintenance Lubricant Penetrator x 3
GT85 Mountain Bike Maintenance Lubricant Penetrator x 3
Offered by bikes4life limited
Price: 9.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Stick Goodness!, 22 Mar 2013
I love this stuff! I use it for just about anything I need to lubricate and it does everything I need. I can't comment on it's water dispersal properties as I don't use it for that, but for cycle chains, cables, pedals, brake pivots etc. it's brilliant. The price is excellent too from Amazon. I was a bit sceptical about the teflon additive until I tried it - it actually makes a difference, it's not just a gimmick. Superb!

The Busker and the Devil's Only Daughter
The Busker and the Devil's Only Daughter
Price: 7.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing Stands Out!, 22 Mar 2013
I was expecting more from this album than it actually delivers. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad album, but not great either. As a great admirer of Brian McNeill's music I was disappointed to find that there isn't really a stand-out track. There aren't any bad tracks either, hence the three stars. It's just OK.

Clarks Pre-Lube Universal Derailleur Inner Cable
Clarks Pre-Lube Universal Derailleur Inner Cable
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Bit of Kit!, 7 Mar 2013
When my left-hand gear cable snapped, I was quoted 20 to replace it by my local bike shop!! I bought this cable for a couple of pounds and did it myself. It's long enough for any reasonable fitment, the pre-lube should ensure it lasts well and it works perfectly. Just make sure that you have proper cable cutters, not ordinary wire cutters, and you shouldn't have any problems. This little bit of cable saved me a good few pounds and I'll be buying another when my right-hand shifter cable snaps.

Live Worship From the World Prayer Center
Live Worship From the World Prayer Center
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Worship!, 7 Mar 2013
I got this album as a gift for my wife and she absolutely loves it! She'd lent her CD copy to a friend and not had it returned and was really missing it. She uses it regularly during her personal worship times and finds it very useful for ushering herself into the prescence of God. Highly recommended!

Varilight - 1 Gang 1 or 2 Way 400 Watt Push on/Push off Standard Dimmer Switch Classic White Plastic w - HQ3W
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket
Price: 8.45

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Too Dim!, 17 Feb 2013
I bought this as a direct replacement for a 'blown' switch on my halogen uplighter. It arrived quickly, but I wasn't impressed with the packaging, hence one star removed from the review. The switch does exactly what it's supposed to and when this one eventually blows I'll be buying another as a replacement.

Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Jagwire V-Brake Type Brake Blocks With Anti Squeal Compound
Offered by E-BikesDirect
Price: 1.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Stopping Power!, 17 Feb 2013
I was fed-up with the blocks I was using squealing and not stopping me very well and looked around for some replacement blocks. I'd used expensive ones and very cheap ones and not found any I was satisfied with, so, after reading the description and reviews of these, I thought I'd try these Jagwire with 'anti-squeal compound', not really expecting a great deal. They arrived promptly, so I fitted and adjusted them and went for a trial ride. The difference they made was fantastic! I'd only bought one set to try and fitted them to the front brake. I can now stop as quickly as I need to, with more pressure on the lever I'm sure I could do stoppies!! Best of all - no embarrassing squealing! I don't know how long they'll last, but I don't care, they're cheap enough to replace when necessary. These are the best brake blocks I tried at any price and I'm ordering another set for the back brake as soon as I've finished writing this review! I'm very, very pleased with them and I'm sure you will be too.

LEICKE KanaaN PC VGA to TV Composite Video RGB Converter + Scart Adapter + 3.5mm Jack to 2x RCA Phono Audio Cable | FREE SHIPPING WITH SUPER SAVER DELIVERY
Offered by Leicke Distributor Germany
Price: 16.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Little Box With Lots of Cables!, 23 Jan 2013
This converter arrive very quickly. I unpacked it and was very pleased with the quality of the converter itself and the fact that all necessary leads are included. I read the instructions - that took about two minutes, as the instuctions are minimal! I connected the converter to my laptop and my TV and after a LOT of trial and error managed to get an acceptable picture on my TV. I realise that different operating systems need different setups, but some examples of how to adjust things would be helpful. I've got a reasonable picture, but it could be better - do I try and adjust it more and risk messing things up or stick with 'acceptable'? I don't know, as I don't really know what to expect! I'll probably try to improve the display and see if I get anywhere. This converter works and does the job it's supposed to, but it's not for the faint-hearted!

Update to this review: I've just visited the Leicke website to see if there was any more info available to assist me in ensuring I'd got the correct set-up. One problem - it's all in German!! I don't speak German and I can't see any link on the site to an English language page. So - no help there! I know they say to email them for help, but I'd prefer to do it with a manual or similar. Not impressed, how much more effort does it take for a firm to have an english language page on an existing web-site?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11