Profile for Pompeyrider > Reviews

Jackspeak: A Guide to British Naval Slang and Usage
by Rick Jolly
Price: 10.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Blimey!, 28 July 2013
I left the Pusser in 1990, having completed my 2nd engagement and casting a Mark One eyeball over the pages of this BR, brought the memories flooding back.
Like the morning after a run ashore in foreign parts, when you spot your oppo with a can of goffer; "Sippers shippers...me mouth's as dry as the flip-side of Gandhi's prayer mat!"
Or when the stokers come off watch from the Boiler Box;..."It's as redders as a Jan docky's starboard Oggy pocket!"
Not to mention the dreaded duty roster; "It's enough to make a Bishop burn 'is books and bimble down Bugis Street for a bag-off!"
It's true what they say, you can take the man out of the Mob but you can't take the Mob out of the man.
So cheers Doc and no doubt Tugg is smiling down on us through that scuttle in the sky, a tot in one hand and a DF in t'other!!

Tefal Pro Express GV8330 Steam Generator, Anti Scale, 1.8 Litre Water Tank (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome time-saver, 6 May 2011
Having served in Her Majesty's Armed Forces during the 70's and 80's, I still require that my work shirts are ironed to 'near perfection'. A level that sadly, my wife cannot attain!!
This psychological need, means that I have spent many a Sunday morning slaving over a hot steam iron.
NOT ANY MORE...having purchased this Steam Generator, the end result is that I now have ironed shirts that are fit for a Guardsman in a fraction of the time.
Thank you Tefal and thank you Amazon, for the swift delivery.