Profile for Ms. Sylvia H. Lawrence > Reviews

Content by Ms. Sylvia H. ...

Ms. Sylvia H. Lawrence "Musical Mad" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Miracle on 34th Street (Black and White and Colourised) [DVD] [1947]
Miracle on 34th Street (Black and White and Colourised) [DVD] [1947]
Dvd ~ Edmund Gwenn

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracle on 34th Street (Black and White and Colourised) [DVD] [1947], 20 Feb 2014
Loved this classic story in black and white - love it even more in colour. I'll be watching this running up to all future Christmases from now. Wonderful to watch with young children. Nothing like a bit of Santa magic!

Cord connector - White metal bathroom light pull cord joiner
Cord connector - White metal bathroom light pull cord joiner
Offered by Penbrice Interiors

5.0 out of 5 stars Cord connector - White metal bathroom light pull cord joiner, 20 Feb 2014
Cracking little item! The pull cord joiner on my electric shower had broken apart with the force needed to use it (why are shower connections so darn strong?) On seeing this on Amazon and the good reviews alongside I couldn't order fast enough and I second all of these reviews. The biggest effort taken to change the joiner was finding and getting up a ladder to reach it! Just untied the old cord, took off the broken plastic joiner and replaced it with this much stronger, smarter model. Wonderful!

5 PANEL WHITE WICKER SCREEN/ROOM DIVIDER
5 PANEL WHITE WICKER SCREEN/ROOM DIVIDER
Offered by Variety Lane

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 PANEL WHITE WICKER SCREEN/ROOM DIVIDER, 2 Oct 2013
I bought this to go in a shed that I'm converting to a summerhouse. It's quite a large structure at 18ft x 9ft and I wanted to keep a third of the area as a shed, with the other two thirds as a summerhouse, and this wicker room divider was the perfect answer. It's light enough to move easily when I want to get the lawnmower out but has enough weight to keep it standing nicely in place. It is also good looking and has had compliments from friends and family. I love it!

Global F140 Sky compatible magic eye amplifier sky, HD
Global F140 Sky compatible magic eye amplifier sky, HD
Offered by NowView

5.0 out of 5 stars Global F140 Sky compatible magic eye amplifier sky, HD, 18 Sep 2013
This was bought to connect a TV in the diner and another in the summerhouse, which is approximately 80ft away from the amp/splitter in the loft. Using a previous splitter, picture quality in the summerhouse was dire but now with the Global F140 the improvement is amazing. It's an old TV with a new picture! Also, being able to change channels using magic eyes is sheer luxury. I am very pleased with this product!

Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 Pi2515 Compatible Laptop Power Supply Charger Adapter AC Adaptor 12 Month Warranty (WITH POWER CORD PSU

4.0 out of 5 stars Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 2727 Pi2515 Compatible Laptop Power Supply Charger.., 30 Aug 2013
This is a really good replacement for a charger that just seemed to fade away from old age. It has a nice long power cable, which makes it convenient for using my laptop literally on my lap whilst on the sofa as the power socket is some distance away. It works perfectly at the moment; how long it will last only time will tell but right now I'm quite happy with it.

TRIXES Wireless Internet USB Adaptor WiFi Dongle 150Mbps For Windows 7 / XP / Vista
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars TRIXES Wireless Internet USB Adaptor, 23 May 2013
I ordered this when I lost the wi-fi signal on my laptop and the broadband suppliers couldn't rectify the problem. They did, however, kindly suggest a USB wireless adaptor and so I ordered the above. When it arrived I was pleased, excited and nervous (I'm a female of a certain age!) but I went ahead with the installation. Problem: very small instruction booklet, mainly aimed at Win XP users (I'm on Win 7) and not easy to read; the reason I gave 4 stars instead of 5. Initially I was wary of downloading as I didn't recognise the company but, probably more by fluke than cleverness, on the second try I did recognise the company name and went ahead. When it worked I was excited as a kid at Christmas; it was like a minor miracle to me! Can't say it's speeded up my system but it's great not having wires across the lounge floor. Very pleased with it.

The Solar Centre Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights
The Solar Centre Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights

5.0 out of 5 stars Selene Solar Spotlights, 5 Sep 2011
I love these lights! When the electric spotlights gave out in my garden I bought some solar ones to replace them. They were next to useless but luckily my money was refunded without quibble and I tried these instead. What an improvement! Unlike the first lights I chose, these don't waste energy by coming on before dusk and when there has been a fair amount of sun on the solar panel they are good and clear in showing up my water feature. When there has been sun all day they are still going well when I go to bed about midnight (I feel quite reluctant to leave them when they are still giving out so much!) Obviously on an overcast day there is not such a good display but still enough to enjoy a few hours of energy. Very pleased with these lights.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cast-Iron Spade Door Knocker, 23 July 2011
I bought this as I had been disappointed with the various wire-free bells I had bought. I was always missing callers as either one battery or another had gone flat or the bell-presses wouldn't work. Being gardening mad I found this knocker an amusing novelty; it was straightforward to fit on the front door and has a clear, quite penetrating sound when used. And so reliable - no batteries to worry about! Very pleased with it.

Spear & Jackson Elements Digging Fork
Spear & Jackson Elements Digging Fork

1.0 out of 5 stars Spear & Jackson Elements Digging Fork, 16 Jun 2011
Bought this to do some fairly heavy digging but it lasted no time at all before one of the prongs snapped. The replacement broke in the same place on the same prong. Perhaps there was a manufacturing flaw? Don't know but I'm a 67-year old woman, not a beefy young man, so I was surprised to have this happen twice. I didn't try for the third time but requested a refund which was issued without question.

A Christmas Wish [DVD] (Digitally remastered in colour)[1950]
A Christmas Wish [DVD] (Digitally remastered in colour)[1950]
Dvd ~ Jimmy Durante

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Wish (colourised DVD), 4 Feb 2011
As I began watching this film I realised I had seen it some time ago on TV but it was sufficiently in the past for most of it to have been forgotten; also, this version being digitally remastered in colour, it was like seeing it for the first time. It is certainly not a life-changing experience but a good old-fashioned family story, just right for the Christmas period, and I think it will be an annual favourite along with "A Wonderful Life", "White Christmas" and "Scrooge" - comfy, cosy festive watching.

Page: 1 | 2