ARRAY(0xac862bc4)

Zoggs Adults Latex Swimming Cap - Blue
Offered by Gulliver's Travels
Price: 3.36

1.0 out of 5 stars Pointless, 16 July 2013
Thin material and not even slightly waterproof, unaided by the fact that this is absolutely massive on me and my head is, if anything, a little on the large side! Straight in the bin and bought a speedo which is what I should have done in the first place

UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
UK Ring Sizer / Measure For Women Sizes A-Z
Offered by Natural Diamond
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic item, 17 Aug 2012
I am so pleased I bought this! I need my engagement ring resized but having had it done once and it still being wrong I need to make sure I get it right.

As fingers change size depending on time of day, temperature etc I have been able to see exactly which size to go for by adjusting the sizer to my finger and wearing it like a ring throughout the day.

Highly recommended, and a great tool for buying jewellery online in the future.

Absolute bargain to boot, and unbelievably quick delivery

The Lakes : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1994] [DVD] [1997]
The Lakes : Complete BBC Series 1 & 2 [1994] [DVD] [1997]
Dvd ~ Dicken Ashworth

3.0 out of 5 stars Big difference between series' one and two, 26 April 2012
I bought this having seen series two the first time round in 1997 and wanting to revisit.

Series one is broken into 4 episodes (episode 1 is feature length) and in my view is very well acted throughout with John Simm brilliant as Danny and the storyline extremely gripping.

Series two is as I remembered it - however, with the benefit of now seeing series one the second series is a let down, with the plot becoming farcical and the graphic imagery that was fitting in series one seeming puerile and gratuitous - very "Brookside"! The way that many of the characters end up developing is also disappointing when reviewing how they were portrayed in series one.

I still give this 3 stars as the acting is excellent by the central characters and it is entertaining, however more of the same as in series one would have led me to give this five stars

10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010]
10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Body Fat [DVD] [2010]
Price: 6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant all over workout - but not for the unused to exercise, 24 Feb 2012
I bought this DVD after purchasing 10 Minute Solutions - Pilates Perfect Body last year. Suzanne Bowen is a very good instructor, and keeps you motivated throughout the dvd so I was keen to buy another of her workout dvds.

There are 5 segments - arms, thighs, buns, abs and total body, each lasting 10 minutes as the title suggests. The great thing is that each of the segments can be done in its own right for those short of time or wanting to focus on a particular area, or combined for a total body blast.

What's good:

- For those used to exercise, this will get your heard pumping with energetic routines. Just when you think you can't take any more, the position changes allowing your muscles a bit of a breather, yet you are constantly working throughout the length of the dvd
- The whole body really does get a workout
- As mentioned, the instructor is very encouraging and motivating
- Anyone can find 10 minutes in their day to exercise, which is what is so good about this series
- All the routines are non impact, so ideal for those who need to take this into consideration through personal fitness, or if you live in a flat with downstairs neighbours etc

What's bad:

- For those unused to exercise I feel this is too much of a jump. It's fast paced and doesn't really cater for the unfit. If this is you, then I would suggest Pilates Weight Loss Workout for Dummies, or any of the Rosemary Conley DVDs as a good starting point
- There is no warm up or cool down
- There is a lot of exercise involving kneeling, so if you have problems with you knees you may need a cushion

As someone used to exercise seeking the next step this DVD is ideal for me, and I can already feel the effect, especially on my legs and bottom. For arms and abs, I find the Pilates Perfect Body dvd more effective. If you are fairly fit and looking for something challenging to break out a sweat then I can highly recommend this DVD!

10 Minute Solution - Pilates Perfect Body [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Pilates Perfect Body [DVD]
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard work but quick results, 27 Sep 2011
Firstly, this DVD does require a certain level of fitness and is by no means a beginners DVD. She does talk you through the basics such as posture and breathing, but the reminders aren't frequent enough for beginners and there is also some terminology used that newbies won't be familiar with.

This aside, if you are looking at taking the next step in your Pilates workout and are looking for a challenging but low impact exercise then this is the one for you. Being broken into 10 minutes means that there is enough time in even the busiest schedules to do something each day, and each of the first three segments is challenging enough that it's quite a relef when each is over!

Personally, I do the whole DVD altogether, and similarly when the focus changes to another part of the body when the section changes it's also quite a relief as each 10 minutes is challenging and really quite enough!

It is broken up into:

Pilates Perfect Arms
Pilates Perfect Belly
Pilates Perfect Buns and Thighs
Pilates Perfect Silhouette
Pilates Perfect Stretch

After only a few weeks I can feel that my arms in particular are much stronger, and my overall fitness is much improved. My only criticism would be that there is no warm up which means you go straight into the exercise cold.

Pilates Weight Loss Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Pilates Weight Loss Workout For Dummies [DVD]
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, 19 July 2011
I bought this after trying pilates a few times at my old gym. A change of location meant I couldn't go anymore.

I read many reviews and pondered a great deal before buying this one and I am very pleased with my choice.

I find the instructor very encouraging and she reminds you plenty of times about breathing and posture which is essential for me as a novice. She also gives a lot of praise which (although she obviously isn't talking to you directly due to it being a DVD!) makes you feel very postive. Personally, I don't find her the least bit annoying but I guess it's down to preference.

The exercise itself is as tough as you want it to be as they show various adaptions depending on if you are a total beginner through to super fit. I find I'm really puffed out at the end of the 20 minutes standing and the 15 mins of floor work (although equally challenging at times, especially the pelvic tilts!) gives a well needed break from the squats and lifts.

This is great for someone who needs low impact exercise who wants to get fit, lose weight and vastly improve their posture - mine is already much better after only a few weeks, and I will be looking for other DVDs by Tracey Thompson

Pilates Workout For Dummies [2001] [DVD]
Pilates Workout For Dummies [2001] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Andrea Ambandos
Price: 6.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 19 July 2011
I bought this after really enjoying the Pilates Weightloss Workout for Dummies and have been very disappointed. It's not a workout, more a quick run through of 15 of the most common pilates moves, which the instructor does first before you follow her lead. They are all very disjointed so personally I don't feel like I'm really working out.

In comparison to other workout dvds, I don't find the instructor very encouraging nor does she remind you enough about posture and breathing which I feel is crucial when you are starting out - it's find to tell you at the beginning but when you are focusing on getting the moves right it's easy to forget.

My suggestion for anyone who wants a beginners pilates workout would be to consider the Weightloss workout instead

CostMad  Super Comfort Mesh Lumbar Back Seat Sit Right Support System Pain Relief for Office Chair Seat etc with Elasticated Positioning Strap and Mesh Grill
CostMad Super Comfort Mesh Lumbar Back Seat Sit Right Support System Pain Relief for Office Chair Seat etc with Elasticated Positioning Strap and Mesh Grill
Offered by GSA*Retail
Price: 6.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Best back support out there, 26 April 2011
I have been suffering with thoracic pain for about a year now, and have tried all sorts - expensive back supports, posture harness, expensive chair etc and none of them have been so good as this back support (which is actually the JML Sit Right, or at least that was what was sent to me). It turns even the most unsupportive chair into something very comfortable and promotes good posture. Highly recommended. I use this for work but will be getting another for my car. Absolute bargain to boot!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2011 3:34 PM BST

Mobile Phone or iPod socks - 6 different colours
Mobile Phone or iPod socks - 6 different colours
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Bargain, 18 Mar 2011
At first glance I wasn't expecting these to fit my HTC Wildfire as they are so small but they stretch very well indeed. I have a protective plastic case over my phone which causes the top to poke out of the sock very slightly, but this is no problem as my intention is to protect the screen and exposed parts of the phone only. I think without my plastic case these would fit perfectly.

This is such good value when you get six socks for under 5 including p&p, and they were delivered in just under a day and a half. Highly recommended!

GreyMobiles Clear White Gel Case For HTC Wildfire
GreyMobiles Clear White Gel Case For HTC Wildfire

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 16 Mar 2011
This was sent to me very speedily indeed and was much more robust than I was expecting for the prices. Protects the phone brilliantly, the only thing I would change is that there is some space between the cover and the screen (which you can see in the picture) which is left exposed and therefore easy to scratch etc.

Because of this I am also using a phone sock, but the primary reason I bought this case is to protect the phone if it gets dropped and this it will do very well

Page: 1 | 2