Profile for R. Hayley > Reviews

The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines
The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines
by Michael Mann

5.0 out of 5 stars Russhyy, 18 Feb 2013
Brilliant book of Michael Mann's defence of the Hockey Stick graph against powerful American fossil fuel organisations, the sponsored congressmen and right-wing media outlets.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good crusher, 27 Jun 2011
This item crushes ice effectively though care needs to be taken that it doesn't flip over during turning the handle. I find that it is best done on a rubber mat to stop it sliding around and needs to be pressed down firmly on to the table.

Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up
Encyclopedia Prehistorica Dinosaurs: The Definitive Pop-Up
by Robert Sabuda

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a work of art., 22 Nov 2010
I originally bought this book for a very young child. The pop-ups are too intricate until probably suitable for 8+ years. The paperwork is absolutely fantastic and I've kept the book for myself. I cannot praise this book enough.

Reservoir Dogs (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Reservoir Dogs (Two-Disc Collector's Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Quentin Tarantino
Offered by FILMNIGHT

1.0 out of 5 stars No sound, 6 May 2010
There is no sound on the DVD and I'm past the return date cut off. The seller is now suspect. Very poor if you ask me
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

Renewable Electricity and the Grid: The Challenge of Variability
Renewable Electricity and the Grid: The Challenge of Variability
by Godfrey Boyle

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, 4 May 2010
This book proves in simple language how variable renewable energy can be included into the UK energy mix. The authors do not pretend that this comes without difficulty but show that the obstacles can be surmounted through innovative uses of energy.

Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep (Wii)
Endless Ocean 2: Adventures of the Deep (Wii)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing game, 15 Feb 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
A nice relaxing contrast to the usual fast paced games that are usually available. Just immerse yourselves into this adventure and learn lots about the deep seas.

Kitchen Craft Imperia Italian Ravioli Making Attachment
Kitchen Craft Imperia Italian Ravioli Making Attachment

3.0 out of 5 stars Very fiddley to use., 30 July 2009
There is a definite knack to using this product, I haven't mastered it yet but I'm sure with practice then I could. The amount of filling is small in each parcel and the rollers keep sticking and fouling up the process of rolling out the sheets. I probably need more flour to prevent this from happening and need to make a finer filling.

Why We Disagree About Climate Change: Understanding Controversy, Inaction and Opportunity
by Mike Hulme

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must-read., 30 July 2009
Mike Hulme has wonderfully collated the wide and various reasons why we disagree on climate change into one book with as much an impartial standpoint as is possible. It has opened my eyes and made me realise that not all of us see the world as I do.