Profile for H Hinchy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum - 118 ml
Organix Coconut Milk Anti Breakage Serum - 118 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, effective serum, 20 May 2015
I have very thick, shoulder length hair shaped into a graduated bob which can also tend to be frizzy when not straightened. It also reacts to any change in weather and does not like humidity. It is also coloured with highlights and lowlights. Add into the mix daily straightening, and my hair had started breaking, first at the front and then on the top of my head which all stick out no matter what I do.

My hairdresser recommend different, expensive serums and lotions and potions and I've not had much success in improving the condition of my hair.

I was looking for something that would do three things - improve the overall condition of my hair, removing the coarseness caused by highlights, repair my hair and prevent further snapping and breaking and protect my hair from heat when using my straighteners.

I purchased this serum based upon the experience of past reviewers.

Firstly, it's a very good size for the price. I have purchased other serums in the past that are half the size and double the price. It is a pump action bottle which doesn't come out quickly so you don't end up with more on your hand than you wanted.

The consistency of the serum is thick, but thins out when rubs between your hands for a few seconds, warming it up. For my very thick hair, I use one pump, about the size of a 5 pence piece on towel dried hair. I work through my hair, paying attention to the ends, work through my hair underneath and then use the remainder of what is left on my hands on the top of my hair and around my hairline, where the most broken strands of hair are. A small amount gives a lot of coverage. Once applied, I let it settle for about 15 minutes before drying.

The serum definitely makes my hair feel softer and my brush and straighteners glide through my hair, making it easier to style. Once dry, I then use about half a pump over my hair to flatten down any flyaway bits. It is not heavy on my hair and doesn't weigh it down.

The smell is delicious but certainly not overpowering. In fact, I can barely smell it throughout the day. Whilst the serum is thick and does need to be applied sparingly, it is trial and error depending on your hair type - some hair will require more of this serum than others - my dry hair literally drinks it in. I certainly don't find it makes my hair greasy at all. In addition, the serum definitely helps de-frizz my hair.

I've been using this serum for a few weeks and can see a definite improvement on the condition of my hair, most certainly in how much easier it makes my hair to style. My hair stays very soft and is less brittle. It's going to take a while before I notice any prominent improvements with regards to breakage but I certainly haven't noticed the issue worsening, which is was before I started using the serum.

Would recommend this product, especially for thick, coloured hair that is subject to lots of heat.

Kent KS20 Salon Style Hair Brush
Kent KS20 Salon Style Hair Brush

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent radial brush, 19 May 2015
Purchased this as my current radial brush is about 6 years old.

This is a great brush. I use it for drying and with my straighteners.

Has a nice long handle which enables a good grip.

Bristles on the brush are firm but don't hurt the head. Goes through the hair nicely with a good grip on the hair to enable me to straighten in sections.

Really pleased, will be buying another one for my bag.

Womens Get Fit Mesh Running Trainers Athletic Walk Gym Shoes Sport Run - Navy - 6 - 39 - CD0049
Offered by Viva Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Have to say I am really pleased with these, 18 May 2015
I was looking for some trainers similar to Sketchers 'Go Walk', but didn't want to pay their prices.

Have to say I am really pleased with these. They look very similar and very well made.

I ordered size 6 and they fit perfectly. I use them for walking rather than running, although I do 10,000 steps per day so they are well used and they have really proven to be very durable.

No rubbing, which is usually something I get with new trainers.

Very impressed and would recommend - great, stylish trainers for the price.

Remington S5525 Pro Straight Extra Wide Plates Straightener
Remington S5525 Pro Straight Extra Wide Plates Straightener

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality straighteners that surpass expensive brands, 18 May 2015
These are truly amazing. I am a Remington straighteners fan, having owned my last pair for a couple of years. Before that I had used GHD's and they never gave me the results that Remington straighteners have.

I have very thick, wavy hair which reacts to any changes in weather - humidity being the worst one. GHD's would straighten the hair ok, but it never stayed straight. When they broke, I didn't want to spend a massive amount of money on a new pair and so looked towards Remington. At that point in 2013 I purchased the Moroccan Oil Therapy Shine Remington straighteners. They were and still are brilliant. However, they were becoming a little old and weary from every day use for the past couple of years and so I looked for a new pair.

I chose these straighteners due to their wider plates – W 4.5cm x L 11cm. Whilst my hair is just above my shoulder, it is very thick and takes a while to get right.

These straighteners feature 'Ceramic ultra' plates for smooth styling, even heat distribution and preventing snagging and hair breakage and this definitely shows. They a have a digital display; temperature can be turned up or down using the very simple - and + buttons on the side.

They heat up to 230 degrees, which is the temperature I use, and they made light work of my hair. However, the lowest temperature is 150 degrees, and this then goes up in increments of 10. I’d say the thicker and more stubborn the hair, the higher temp you are going to want.

They are very, very smooth going through my hair with no snagging or pulling. I thought they wouldn't be able to get close to my roots due to the size of the plates but they are fine.

Heating time varies depending on the temperature that you select; for 230 degrees it takes around 50 seconds to get to full heat. The digital display will flash until they are full heated, with it then remaining constantly blue whilst they are on.

The straighteners are turned off and on using the power button BUT if you do forget to turn them off, they have an auto shut off function. The cord is nice and long and the swivel allows for easy use with no restrictions.

The straighteners are supplied with a Velcro fastening heat resistant but this is literally just the size of the straighteners. I use a bigger one, which is a couple of pounds off Amazon.

The results on my hair are, as expected based on my previous experience with Remington straighteners, fantastic. Very, very smooth and straight hair, which lasts all day. Straightening time is fast and smooth due to the wider plates. I’m very impressed and this just reiterates my view that the most expensive isn’t always the best and these wide plate Remington straighteners are far superior to the more expensive wide plate GHD’s.

I use in conjunction with Organix Coconut milk anti-breakage serum, also from Amazon here http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0049SHP1G?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00. The combination of these straighteners and serum is fantastic, and I would recommend for all over soft, frizz free, gorgeous smelling hair.

JML Mineral Magic - Mineral Make Up
JML Mineral Magic - Mineral Make Up
Offered by JML Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 8 May 2015
I cannot emphasize enough how brilliant this product is.

I have combination skin, flits between oily and dry and some blemishes at certain times of the month. I have for the past few years been using a BB cream with Benefit Dandelion face powder. The BB cream was clogging my pores and it was becoming a faff using two products to try and get the result I wanted.

I have seen this advertised in loads of places and only recently decided to give it a go - I am so glad I did. I will NOT buy any other foundation again. I have scrapped the BB cream ad the Dandelion and I could buy 3 of these for the price I paid for those two products,

It is supplied with small round blending sponge and a small stubby brush but I purchased a new kabuki brush to use with the mineral powder, and I am so impressed with the results. It goes on evenly and literally transforms your skin in front of your eyes. It provides brilliant, all over coverage, covered up my blemishes, hid my dark circles under my eyes and transformed my dull complexion to a smooth, glowing healthy face. It's very light on the skin, doesn't feel heavy like my previous products did. Doesn't clog or get stuck in any fine lines or nooks and crannies.

It stays on all day; on warmer days (of which there have been few), it's still maintained its colour and coverage despite me sweating a bit.

I use this with a powder based highlighter on my cheekbones and the results are really, really great. I have been told I look 'glowing' and much healthier.

For the price, I am very happily surprised and had I known the results would have been this great, I'd happily pay double for this product.

It's adapted to my skin really well and this is one item I'll definitely be buying again and again.

Rechargeable e Cigarette | e Shisha | e Liquid Refill Vapour Pen | eShisha Club Stellar Apollo | Premium 800 Puff Electronic Shisha Pen | Refillable Electronic Cigarette | Nicotine Free | Tobacco Free

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite e-cigarette yet!, 8 May 2015
I selected this on the basis of my experience of eShisha Club and other products that I have purchased. Their products are by far superior to many other alternatives I have tried and their customer service is spot on.

I already have the Venus e-cigarette which is a much smaller and discreet version of the Apollo.

eShisha Club very kindly sent me this to test after my positive feedback on the Venus; they felt that the Apollo would really impress me and it has.

As with all of their products, packaging and presentation is top notch and is of a simple but quality design.

The pack contains:

* Clearomiser & coil - this is larger than than the average clearomiser size and therefore holds a good amount of liquid - definitely at least a full days vaping worth

* Apollo battery - a funky design with some shape to it, which enables your vaping hand to mould around it. It has a prominent power button which is activated by pressing 5 times, which then flashes 3 times to confirm it's on and ready to go. Repeating the pressing of the button 5 times then turns the battery off if you want to save charge but I've honestly not needed to do this - the battery lasts well over 24 hours of pretty heavy vaping for me.

*USB charger - This is a white charger following the design of the Apollo and the battery is screwed in. There is a light on the charger which will display red until it is fully charged, at which point it turns blue. Charging tie on average is about 2 hours.

Also included are some very concise yet very easy to follow instructions, giving some good advise when first using the Apollo.

Having used for a few days, this is by far the best e-cigarette I have used and my favorite from eShisha Club's range. It's perfect for continuous vaping, is easy to get a good pull from and omits a great vape cloud. The battery life is fantastic, and it looks very stylish and different from the usual e-cigarettes out there.

I used with mint candy 0mg Club Stellar liquid, and think I have found my favourite flavour yet.

I can thoroughly recommend this to people looking for a high quality e-cigarette which will get lots of use and still have battery left at the end of the day, and for people looking for a powerful vape.

Different colour clearomisers can be purchased for the Apollo and I have just ordered a pink one. I would also love to see the battery in more colours, I'd definitely buy the whole range!

Highly recommend.

e Cigarette | e Shisha | e Cigar | eShisha Club Bossello | 1000 puffs | Cigar | Blueberry | 500 Puff Soft Tip Refill Cartridges | Fine Cigars Range | Stylish Carry Case | Nicotine Free | Tobacco Free | New & Exclusive eShisha Club Product For 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy eCigar, 5 May 2015
This is a really classy product.

From the way it is presented to the way it looks feels, it is definitely a quality product.

It came presented in a portable wallet, which has room for the cigar and a cartridge. Included in the pack was also a USB charger.

The charger has a very prominent light on it, and stays red until it is fully charged, at which point it turns green and you are good to go.

The cigar came with some charge on and it therefore took another hour to charge. However, it has held its charge for three days now, with moderate use each day - extremely impressive.

Unlike traditional e-cigarettes, this does not take liquid. Cartridges are supplied in various different flavors. I chose the mint and blueberry and I can't decide which I like the best - they are both mellow and satisfying, not overpowering.

This really does feel and look like a real cigar. The replaceable, sealed cartridges have a soft paper tip, making it pretty hard to tell apart from the real thing.

There is a light at the end of the cigar which lights up a soft red colour each time a drag is taken... another feature to ensure that this e-cigar is as close to the real thing as possible.

The cartridges supplied and which can also be purchased separately in different flavours are easily inserted in the top of the battery and with the battery have 1,000 'puffs' combined. The cartridges are sealed and are not reusable.

A nice easy drag on the cigar emits a good vape hit in the throat, pleasant taste in the mouth and, as with all cigars, a nice cloud of vape 'smoke'.

This is a really impressive, pleasant vaping experience, and eShisha have really managed to nail this product.

e Cigarette | e Shisha | Rechargeable e Liquid Refill Vapour Pen | eShisha Club Stellar VENUS | Premium 400 Puff Electronic Shisha Pen | Refillable Electronic Cigarette | Nicotine Free | Tobacco Free | eShisha Club NOVA Cartridges Compatible | New For 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Small and discreet, 2 May 2015
Let me start by saying I am a huge fan of the eShisha club. They offer a great range of products and have excellent customer service. The products they offer are substantially superior to their competitors and the Venus did not disappoint.

My husband and I already have a Core bad Core plus from the eShisha stellar range and I was offered the Venus to test after enquiring about it.

Now, the main thing you need to know is that this is not marketed or made to be your main e-cigarette. I enquired after it as I am going to a wedding and wanted something small and discreet. This fits the requirement perfectly. It is a smaller than average battery and clearomiser and you will never get a full days use out of it but that is its intention; small and stylish for use when your regular e-cigarette is a little too big; a wedding, a night out. It doesn't try to be anything else.

If you already have a larger everyday use e-cigarette and looking for a smaller 'occasion' e-cigarette then this is perfect.

As always with eShisha Club products, well presented in stylish packaging. Included in the package was the battery, clearomiser and usb charger.

The battery came with some charge and was fully charged after about 30 minutes.

This is a really stylish e-cigarette, looks very smart. It's activated by a small button you press when taking a pull.

Despite its small size, I don't believe it's any less powerful vape wise than its bigger counterparts. As always with eShisha Club e-cigarette's, gives a good deep drag and hits the back of the throat nicely giving a good 'hit'.

I can't emphasize enough that this is more of an 'occasion' e-cigarette or if you are a very light vaper. It won't last the day with heavy use but it is never intended to. If you want a funky, stylish yet robust e-cigarette for a night out that will fit in your pocket or purse then the Venus is perfect. It you are looking for a heavier use e-cigarette then the Core Plus is better suited.

However, the Venus does have a bigger very similar looking model, the Apollo which is for heavier use. Using the Venus has made me want to Apollo for its similar look and feel.

Would definitely recommend.

Kanger EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Starter Kit with UK plug and 10ml (0mg nicotine) VapeChoice Premium E-Liquid - Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 1 May 2015
Really disappointed.

Presented well; 2 x e cigarettes with atomiser included in the box came with usb charger, power adaptor and 4 x extra coils.

This is a smaller battery with a plain blue design.

The batteries charged up quite quickly but that was about as positive as the review gets. Battery life is very short, after taking off charge early morning, I would then need to put back on charge again at lunch time. I found I couldn't get a good, hard pull from this e-cigarette.

The atomiser is very small, I was constantly filling it up. It was also very difficult to see how much liquid I had left inside. Added to that it leaked on quite a few occasions.

Very disappointed - the style is nice but unfortunately couldn't be used as our main e-cigarettes and have been relegated to the cupboard of other e-cigarettes that didn't cut it.

There are much better and just as cheap brands available on Amazon.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 April 2015
I ordered two of these - one for me and one for my husband.

Love that you can get different colours; we chose a blue and a red one.

Delivered quickly by Amazon and arrived in a very well presented box.

Basic instructions were included along with the e-cigarette battery, clear atomiser and usb charger which can be plugged into any usb power adaptor such as apple or kindle.

Came with sufficient charge on to be able to use straight away.

These were ordered for when we go out; the are smaller than your traditional batteries yet last a long time. They are more discreet and fit perfectly into a pocket.

Charge time is about 1 hour 30 minutes but this lasts all day.

Gives a really good 'pull' and a good hit on the back of the throat.

I really like this brand and actually purchased 2 Core PLUS e-cigarettes by this company to use as our main e-cigarettes.

Can't fault the product or the company who have brilliant customer service.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5