Profile for J Hinchy > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 323

J Hinchy
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Portta Version 1.4 HDMI 3 Port 3x1 Switch Switcher with Pigtail Full 1080p 3D and 4Kx2K compatible 1.3
Offered by Magic&Gorgeous

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple solution, 17 July 2014
Used for a wall mounted TV with only 1 HDMI input. Set up was very easy. Inserted into HMDI port into TV then HDMI cables from Sky TV box and Xbox 360.

Works perfectly with both devices switched on at the same time. Simply press the button to change devise output. Perfect for what we needed. Can't fault it.

JBL OnBeat Micro Portable Speaker Dock with Lightning Connector and UK/EU Mains Adapter for iPhone 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 5th Generation and iPod Nano 7th Generation - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive sound for the price, 17 July 2014
After recently upgrading from an iPhone 4 to a 5, I found my old portable speaker dock redundant due to the lightening connector.

I wanted something simple, compact and with a decent sound that would also charge my phone and this speaker dock definitely ticks all of those boxes.

It's a nice, simple design and slotted into a small space nicely in my kitchen. The phone sits on the connector nicely although wasn't happy with the plastic case on my phone so this has to be removed when sitting on the dock. Sound is very impressive - very loud yet crisp and clear. Much better than my old speaker dock which was triple the price and very bulky.

Would very much recommend - amazing sound quality for the price.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard)

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant success, 17 July 2014
I was having issues with my HDMI cable from my sons PS3 to the TV.... it would often lose picture and display 'no signal' and had to be 'twiddled' for the picture to come back on.

Ordered this from Amazon, came the very next day and worked instantly and perfectly - not had an issue since losing picture. Would recommend.

MINNIE MOUSE HAIR ACCESSORY SET
MINNIE MOUSE HAIR ACCESSORY SET
Offered by Girl Thing

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't recommend, 11 July 2014
Out of the whole set of clips and bobbles I have only been able to use the bobbles. The clips are very plastic and very cheap, don't stay in the hair.

Peppa Pig My First Trike
Peppa Pig My First Trike

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Peppa Pig My First Trike (Toy)
Purchased this for my 2 and a half year old daughter to replace her Smart Trike which she had outgrown.

Came boxed and in literally about 10 pieces. Instructions were pretty hard to follow in order to build the bike but got there in the end. Total building time about 20 minutes so not too bad.

It's quite sturdy but really isn't made for parent control - it's impossible to steer and anytime you go around the corner you have to sort of tip the bike back to hoist it around. Not particularly safe so we have decided to try and teach our daughter to sue the pedals so she can control it herself and we have removed the parent handle.

Mistakenly left the bike outside overnight and it rained. The stickers all peeled and curled so the bike looks pretty shabby already but for the price I'm not too concerned.

Wouldn't recommend if you plan on buying this for the school run or walks out unless you are going in a very straight line.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2014 9:28 AM BST

The Undead Day Thirteen
The Undead Day Thirteen

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept my blood pumping!, 20 Jan 2014
As always, a fantastic read.

I luckily stumbled upon this series of books by the brilliant Mr Haywood last year after devouring the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo and I'm so glad I did.

This series of books takes you on a huge rollercoaster of emotions. The characters are written so you really do care what happens to them.

This book, as the title suggests is day 13 and obviously the thirteenth book yet the series is written so well and so detailed that you really feel like you are on more than just the thirteenth day.

Great characters, lots of action and another 'oh sh!t' moment at the end.

Have day 14 ready and waiting to read when I get home this evening.

Thank you Mr Haywood for yet another brilliant book.

VTech InnoTab 3 Learning Tablet (Pink)
VTech InnoTab 3 Learning Tablet (Pink)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good intro tablet, some issues getting to grips with it, 14 Jan 2014
Purchased for my toddler daughter for Christmas at a brilliant price of £34.99. Also purchased her the Toy Story Innotab cartridge.

She is a dab hand on her brothers ipad which she used to watch YouTube (mainly Peppa Pig), play games and use the camera to record herself. I thought that this would be a great entry level tablet for her, which she could use just as well as the ipad.

Unfortunately she hasn't used it as much as I had hoped, still preferring the ipad and even my Kindle HD. She needs quite a lot of help and guidance when using this, I do think it is slightly fiddly for young children to navigate - even for the recommended 36 months that this product is aimed at.

The graphics aren't brilliant but sound is crisp, clear and concise. It is a good educational tool with the various features of being able to read books, educational games, etc. but that's not what she's really interested at the moment and so we have put this into storage until she (and I!) is better able to understand how to use it.

I think the fact that we had to connect it up to a laptop register it to be able to download about 80% of the content required to use it to it's full potential is a potential deterrent, especially as we only use tablets at home and I had to wait until after the xmas holidays to connect it to a PC at work. It's definitely not a product that it 'ready to go' and use straight away. It needs quite some effort for it to be set up to be used to its maximum potential. When connected to the learning lodge, you can download videos such as Peppa Pig, In the Night Garden, etc at a cost of between £5.99-£7.99 and music from the charts and further games instead of buying cartridges for around £19.99.

Is quite slow going from page to page. Have to pay for all apps in the learning lodge, as well as any cartridges so despite the initial cheap price of the product, you are going to end up paying out quite a bit of games and apps to use this to its full potential.

Good item, great educational tool, fiddly to navigate and annoying that you have to connect to PC/Laptop to set up to get the best features.

Would only recommend to children 4 years+.

Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on
Little Tikes Classic Cozy Coupe Ride-on
Offered by The Entertainer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little runaround, 10 Jan 2014
Purchased this for my 2 year old daughter for Christmas for the bargain price of £29.99.

She often uses the older model Cozy Coupe at nursery so we thought this is something she would really love for Christmas and get lots of use out of.

It arrived promptly and we stored it out of the way. We decided to keep it in the box until Christmas Eve, so that it was not at risk of being spotted. We then planned to put together when the children had gone to bed.

Big mistake.

We really underestimated how much brute force and heavy duty tools this would require to put together. It was impossible to build on Christmas Eve due to the sheer noise you had to make to bang bits together with a hammer. We certainly did not want to risk the children being woken up by the constant noise of banging and hammering so we had to unfortunately keep it in the box until Christmas Day.

My daughter was delighted when she unwrapped the box and saw the picture of the car on the side but she wanted to get in it immediately. My husband built it on Christmas morning and it took around 40 minutes of banging and pushing and goading of plastic to get it together.

It has lots of little bits and pieces to fit it together and whilst it took a lot of effort to get it built, it has been one of the best loved toys by my daughter. Once built, we have had no issues with any parts or pieces coming off although she has only used it in the house.

It's great that it has a handle on the back of the roof as once the weather is better and she uses it outside, I can gently guide her along without her knowing.

Great item, fiddly to put together.

Robo Fish Aquarium Play Set
Robo Fish Aquarium Play Set
Offered by Fun Fuzion

2.0 out of 5 stars Fun idea, limited entertainment, 7 Jan 2014
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Robo Fish Aquarium Play Set (Toy)
Bought for my son for Christmas. It's the thing he was least impressed with.

He was initially really happy with it. Bowl is a bit flimsy and once filled with water become a bit mis-shapen. The Robofish was duly deposited into the water and he started swimming. For about 30 minutes. And then his 'fish food (batteries to you and me) ran out. An extra 'fish food' was in the box but seriously, is it worth putting it in for another 30 minutes of watching the Robofish swim round. And around. And around?

It's a fun idea but the entertainment wore off quickly. I got the tank with a view to getting more Robofish for my son to add to his collection, to see them all happily swimming around together, not floating lifeless on the top.

JD Bug Pro Street V3.0 Scooter Pepper White MS136B1
JD Bug Pro Street V3.0 Scooter Pepper White MS136B1

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little scooter, 7 Jan 2014
Ordered for Xmas for my 7 year old son. I purchased it based on how cool it looks, the fact that it had a carry strap and other reviews.

It didn't disappoint. My son was over the moon with it (Thanks Santa !) and it really does look very smart. Ok, as it's white and being ridden by a 7 year old boy, it's not going to stay white for very long but I accepted that when I bought it.

I've not ridden it myself but have asked my sons expert opinion. He said it's 'dead good'.

As an observer of him riding it, it's a very smooth, quiet ride. Can be easily stopped by the brake over the back wheel. Has a nice wide footboard. Really easy to fold and make the handles longer then smaller again.

Best feature for me as his mum? That it has a strap on the front (can be detached easily) so that I can fit it over the handle of his sisters buggy during the school run (or even over my shoulder) - much better than his previous scooter, now confined to the end of the garden, which folded after a lot of twiddling and then had to be carried back home by me after dropping him at school.

Thoroughly recommend.