Profile for Jaketorwho > Reviews

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Season 1 [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Ming-Na Wen

4.0 out of 5 stars A shaky start but just gets better and better!, 19 May 2015
I had negative vibes about this show from its first announcement. The idea that Coulson's death in 'The Avengers (Avengers Assemble)' would be made redundant just didn't sit well with me. However I was willing to give it a shot. The pilot aired on Channel 4 and I thought it was ok. The characters seemed a bit two dimensional and the story a little 'iffy'! As it followed on from 'Iron Man 3', which still has left a bad taste in my mouth! Then with episodes 2 and 3, I had lost all hope for the show. Fast forward to 2015 and I had some spare cash and decided to pick up the Blu-ray set. I again had the negative views of episodes 1-3, but then it started getting good...really good. The links and references to the MCU movies could at times feel a little forced but most were well integrated and solidified Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as part of that universe.

This series follows Coulson and his team of selected Agents on there missions for S.H.I.E.L.D. For the most part the characters are just ok. The emotionless Ward and May brought the whole team vibe down. Skye shows much more emotion and really is the onscreen version of you (the audience) she asked the questions, goes against protocol when she feels right, and puts her foot down, much like you do as a viewer but obviously you can't be heard! Coulson is much the same as he was in his cameo's and role in the movies, just brought to TV. The two stand out characters for me are Fitz and Simmons. They seem like the unlikely heroes, they do as their told and get the job done. However from what seemed as the side characters at the start, really develops into an amazing array of talent and they became my favourite characters by far!

There are moments of weakness in the story, but for the most part it pretty good. The revelation of Coulson's revival is good, if not a bit strange, but thats how the MCU has gone in the past few years. And the end of the series has particular highlights as it integrates into the events of 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'.

Overall would I say Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is worth your time. Absolutely! Its fun, sad, shocking and great family viewing. Yes it has a shaky start but it really picks up from episode 4 onwards and you will find yourself watching 3-4 episodes a night! I await the release of Season 2 as I see no point in trying to catch up on Channel 4 as it nearly over, and with Season 3 confirmed I can only imagine it has been received as well as this season!

Happy viewing!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault them or the service!, 16 April 2015
Could not be happier! The frames just make a poster go from looking tacky on a wall to looking classy!
VERY quick delivery as (some how) had them in my hands an hour before I even had my dispatch email!

TeckNet® Apple iPhone 5C Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Apple New iPhone 5 C With Screen Protectors
Offered by SPEEDY GOAL LIMITED

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant get much better, 21 Oct. 2013
I bought this because of the reviews being extremely positive. And to be honest i could not be happier. For £1.99 you get a very strong and perfect fitting silicone case, two screen protectors and a screen cloth!!! You really can't beat it! It actually feels stronger than the official apple one thats £25! would defiantly recommend!!!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Scott!, 13 Aug. 2013
Love this t-shirt. Very soft and comfortable to wear. No itchy labels etc. the print is nice, i got this because i prefer the eroded/worn look prints and it looks great.

Would definantly reccomend!

Oz the Great and Powerful (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region A & B & C]
Oz the Great and Powerful (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [Region A & B & C]
Dvd ~ James Franco

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick question!, 4 July 2013
I love the film hence the 5 star rating but my question is that my bluray 3d looks terrible. It blurs and really strains my eyes! Does anyone else have this problem?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 8, 2013 4:54 PM BST

Despicable Me 2 [Blu-ray]
Despicable Me 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Steve Carell
Offered by The Happy Zombie

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love those little Minions!, 28 Jun. 2013
Just when you think they cant beat the first, your proven wrong within half hour. A brillaint film! More involvment with the Minions, which wee hilarious as always! I was cracking up more than the kids, as were the pther adults, so its a film for hrown ups to!

MUST WATCH!!

Perixx PX-2000, Programmable Backlit Gaming Keyboard - USB - 6 Macro Keys with 3 User Profile - Blue Illuminated Backlit Keys - UK Layout
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Old School!, 29 May 2013
Got this as a present for my brothers birthday. He loves it. Its a bit old school for me. With deep keys but i works perfectly. Would recommend.

Finding Nemo [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Finding Nemo [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Lee Unkrich
Offered by Speedyhen Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixar at its best!, 29 May 2013
After reading reviews about the amazing 3D in this film, and being a pixar fan myself i had to get this. I will say that its not the best 3D ever, but its pretty close. This film does not have the best out of screen 3D. But the depth is brilliant. Finding Nemo looked stunning in 2D but the 3D gives it a whole new dimension. Its a family film that will stay in your heart forever. A MUST buy for any home cinema 3D owner!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 30, 2013 11:38 AM BST

Looper [Blu-ray]
Looper [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Joseph Gordon-Levitt

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Looper [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This film gave me a headache. The story has a good concept but then an introduction of another, just confuses the film completely. The characters are unlikeable and i just felt let down by it!

Disappointed!

Flight [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Flight [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Denzel Washington

1.0 out of 5 stars A Crash waiting to happen!, 23 May 2013
I was incredibly disappointed with this film. It had great reviews and critics actually liked a film for once, so i wen tin expecting a great film. Unfortunately this was no the case. For me it was boring, i was considering leaving, i was that bored. The FX were ok, but the whole pacing was so slow it just dragged. I guessed the ending about 30 mins in and nothing in this film made me want to watch it again.

A real disappointment!