Profile for birtyochug > Reviews

The Sound of Surprise
The Sound of Surprise
Offered by Beats and More

5.0 out of 5 stars More Bruford Magic, 11 Aug. 2002
This review is from: The Sound of Surprise (Audio CD)
This cd is packed with amazing music. The superb "Triplicity" which starts with a very competant solo from Bruford, but the magic comes from the amazing integration of all instruments, with Hodgson's bass coming through perfectly, and the sax of Clahar revelling in the constant changing styles. The Highlights for me come at the middle with "Teaching Vera to Dance" and "Half Life", both of which fit perfectly and add yet more stunning beats. Bruford also shows his massive ability at soft, sensitive music with the masterpiece "The Shadow of a Doubt" and "Come to Dust". Simply one of the best cd's I have ever bought!!!

Pink Moon
Pink Moon
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars This guy is amazing!, 11 Aug. 2002
This review is from: Pink Moon (Audio CD)
I was looking for a deep relaxing guitar and voice artist, after much wasted money, a friend told me to try Nick's music. I bought Pink Moon first, immediately I was astounded! His sensitive and perplexing style is so intimate and wonderful, I love it! I'd put Five Leaves as an equal to Pink Moon, however Bryter Layter is a class down but still very good. I just wish he was still here!