Profile for Sony User > Reviews

Content by Sony User

Sony User "cb2004" (Cambridge)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nursery Stock Manual
Nursery Stock Manual
by John George Dalkeith Lamb

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - full guidance that works for cuttings and how to divide plants & make more !, 12 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nursery Stock Manual (Paperback)
This is the BEST book for advice about cuttings, when and how to take them and how to care for them. Nearly every plant/tree is covered and advice given from experience of the authors. I have followed this with 80% success on all my cuttings so it must be good !

What To Do When Someone Dies
What To Do When Someone Dies
by Anne Wadey

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 8 May 2014
Would like more than an emphasis - a HUGE HUGE sign to warn people doing a DIY job (which is easy) that tax must be paid by the person on income April-April whether they are alive or dead - hence each April think about it and get an estate return IN before you are hit by fines and interest from a dopey man who said he would manage it all and then didnt think about tax (or manange the bank account debits and credits properly) . Just because when the person is alive its paid under PAYE doesnt mean when they are dead there is no tax to pay on income on assets not yet given to beneficiaries. (Some of this does not apply to an estate of one half of a married couple where its simply passed onto the other half)

Book covers all other aspects brilliantly - thoroughly recommend

Humax HDR-1000S 1TB Freesat Freetime Receiver (Requires Satellite Dish)
Humax HDR-1000S 1TB Freesat Freetime Receiver (Requires Satellite Dish)
Price: 199.95

1.0 out of 5 stars When it works its wonderful but when it does not its a waste of money - no support whatsoever and nit that old either, 1 April 2014
Pretty daft title to the review but this expensive piece of kit is only 18 months old and has broken down (consistent rebooting). Humax said its out of warranty, try this (it doenst work) and it will have to come in for repair - and I loose all my recordings. Whats the betting its un-repairable ???

Too expensive to be this unreliable - my washing machine, tumble drier & dishwasher are over 10 years old and going fine, and my PC's are over 3 years old and going fine (but a bit outdated) . I dont expect this breaking down so soon. No good enough.

As others have said get it insured or dont buy Humax !!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 4, 2014 11:50 AM BST

5x Bubbler Airlocks - Homebrew Equipment Air-lock for Wine, Beer & Cider Making
5x Bubbler Airlocks - Homebrew Equipment Air-lock for Wine, Beer & Cider Making
Offered by The Hoppy Brewer.
Price: 4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars superb but nearly lost as the package was not sealed, 30 Jan 2014
They arrived early, look lovely but nearly got lost as the package wasnt sealed and they could have come out easily - i thoght i had lost one lid - but luckily all there.

REL696 Finger Cot latex white Medium size Pack of 50 Protects Finger Dressings
REL696 Finger Cot latex white Medium size Pack of 50 Protects Finger Dressings
Offered by Muzamedical
Price: 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars EXcellent - even if they get a few laughs, 13 Oct 2013
I keep cutting myself - once quiet badly and these mean one can do the washing up and dirty jobs without the finger getting wet - also need elastoplast extra strong plasters, but these get a few laughts but are excellent

Stormguard 11SR0666SQM 6Sq m Secondary Glazing Window Insulation Film
Stormguard 11SR0666SQM 6Sq m Secondary Glazing Window Insulation Film
Price: 6.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent and easy to use - lasts too !!!, 13 Oct 2013
Easy to put up, easy to fit, can carefully undo if flies get behind and its now been up 10 months and will last this next winter - I wiped it down and its STILL ok - so brilliant item

The Book of Wool.
The Book of Wool.
by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent !!!, 24 July 2013
This review is from: The Book of Wool. (Paperback)
This is a marvellous book - I bought it when I was about 11 with my own pocket money - ie in 1957 or so - I had to do an article for school and I got a prize for it after reading this book and getting samples of wool all the way from New Zealand and Australia - that was really something in those days !!!!

The Gilding Book
The Gilding Book
by Liz Wagstaff

5.0 out of 5 stars A supberly useful book, 17 July 2013
This review is from: The Gilding Book (Hardcover)
This book has all you need for gilding - it isnt for the professional, but goes through all the basic steps and shows you the useful steps. It shows you how to use and prepare for gold leaf and metal leaf, and then tells you how to gild picture frames and objects such as wood, sea shells, dried flowers, nuts etc. It is full of inspirational ideas - and not as narrow as a traditional book. Superbly illustrated. I learnt a lot from it.

Mueller Thumb Stabilising Brace - Black
Mueller Thumb Stabilising Brace - Black
Price: 16.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good - lightweight, not too stiff...easy to use ...but, 4 Jun 2013
Pretty good - lightweight, not too stiff...easy to use ...but its a lot bigger on me that on the model - i still cant type or use a mouse - its more comfortable than the large one my doctors recommended, but comes much higher up my palm that on the models (see my picture which is via the scanner so not very good - sorry)- so I still cant type or use the mouse - I have bought a logitech touch-pad and thats good, but i'm not used to it yet.

So far no problem with the velcro that one user reported.

So all in all pretty good, right size per wrist - i was diagnosed with De Quervain's tendonitis - and yes - the metal stays that runs either side are MUCH better that the ones where it is straight up the thumb. Now my doctor says its just 'swelling' & 'arthritis' - I dont know - my write is just painful and hurts. I have also ordered the thimb spica (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006ZIUTNY/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_2) so I will see how this compares.

Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning: How to Cut Your Tax to Zero
Non-Resident & Offshore Tax Planning: How to Cut Your Tax to Zero
by Lee Hadnum
Price: 19.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed - all the information at my fingertips, 13 April 2013
The book is up-to-date, to the point, and yet easy reading. It had exactly what I needed in a simple format that one cant get wrong. All teh other books on this are so long, expensive and miss the basic points.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3