Profile for John > Reviews

Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II Lens
Offered by Prompt Electronics
Price: 165.00

2.0 out of 5 stars CANON EF-S 55-250 F/4-5 IS II, 28 Aug 2011
I read the full review of this lens in Canon magazines and thought this is the one for me, new lens released July 2011. How wrong can you be - attached to my Canon 50D off I went, not good results. The only way I can explain if that the lens is "soft focus" not sharp at all. Very disappointed. I did try this along side my Tamron 18-250 and the Tamron won.
I returned the item to Amazon and have to say they dealt with this return in an excellent manner, full credit no problems.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2013 4:10 PM GMT

Flymo Glider 330 1450W 33cm Electric Hover Lawnmower
Flymo Glider 330 1450W 33cm Electric Hover Lawnmower
Price: 99.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Flymo Glider 330, 8 July 2011
My old Flymo gave up and stopped so came onto Amazon and found the Flymo Glider 330 - first: compared the price and Amazon were up to 30 cheaper that High Street DIY stores.
So, I ordered it on the Saturday AM, free delivery, and it was delivered 12:30 Monday excellent.
The Flymo - my previous Flymo I had for 10 years and this Glider 330 is so much better, lighter, quieter, and where I needed 3 spacers on the old one only 2 needed and the new one. The cut was great, the machine itself so much easier to operate - A GOOD BUY, enjoy it.