Profile for ffroglet > Reviews

Content by ffroglet

ffroglet (Cambridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
FRiEQ® Hi-Speed Cloth Jacketed Tangle-Free USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B Cable (6 Ft/1.8m)
Offered by T.M. Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally worth the money, 24 April 2014
This is just brilliant. I've never had my phone charge up so quickly as it does with this. The cable is extremely robust due due to the braided outer and won't snap directly where it comes out of the end. The fittings are reassuringly firm and this length is so useful too as I don't have many mains sockets and therefore don't sit that close to any. I like it so much I ordered a second one - it is well worth the money and to be perfectly honest I can't find anything negative to say about it

Winter Warm Yorkie Puppy Dog Coat Shirt Apparel Jacket Blue L
Winter Warm Yorkie Puppy Dog Coat Shirt Apparel Jacket Blue L
Offered by sourcingmap

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for cats too, 23 Jan 2014
This fits my arthritic, elderly cat treat, so now she can stay nice and warm during the winter when the heating isn't on in the house. She loves it - and she looks really cute!

Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)
Angelcare Nappy Disposal System Refill Cassettes (Pack of 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a perfect fit for Litter Lockers, 23 Jan 2014
These do not perfectly fit the Litter Locker II as the cartridges are missing a tiny ridge, allowing it to slip down and the front ends up resting on the trap door inside. That said, it does not render the Litter Locker unusable and I find it more visually annoying than physically annoying. However, they are SO much cheaper than original Litter Locker refills (which are also quite hard to get hold of now) that it is worthwhile persevering with them.

Retro Sweets Christmas Mega Gift Box (60+ Retro Sweets)
Retro Sweets Christmas Mega Gift Box (60+ Retro Sweets)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain Treat Box, 24 Nov 2013
We are treating ourselves to this for Christmas. We are in our 40s and it's fun to indulge in a huge box full of goodies from our childhood that we wouldn't normally buy from - or even see in a sweetshop :o)

Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Is Dinner Ready Yet Padded Lap Tray
Heartwarmers 42 x 32.5 cm Is Dinner Ready Yet Padded Lap Tray

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Mar 2013
Perfect for the man who loves kittens as much as his dinners. Good price and can't fault it. He's very happy with it

Vax U91-LF-B LiFE Cordless Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-LF-B LiFE Cordless Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 15 Mar 2013
I unpacked it yesterday and within 3 hours the battery was fully charged and ready to go. The vacuum was very easy to put together and I vacuumed the whole of my down stairs using less than 1/3 of the available battery power - this probably took about 10 minutes. I have hard floors with mats, a rug, a small amount of carpeting and four cats. It dealt with the tumbleweeds, catnip and bits of cardboard from the scratcher no problem, and fur was picked up really well from the soft floor coverings of a variety of lengths and textures.
Having the button to change between the floor types right under your thumb means that you don't even have to think about it, you just rock the switch to or fro.
It is very easy to steer around objects and wonderfully light if you need to pick it up.
I did need to empty the dust container after a once-round but that is no hardship and as it's so easy to use I am likely to use it more often and therefore pick up less dirt each time
I love that it has a separate Li-Ion battery and charger unit as that is the bit that is likely to become faulty first - if any, and will be easy to replace. It stands up by itself and you don't have a base stand kicking aound the place.
In short I can't fault it and I am so pleased I chose this one after looking at many, many reviews

Splash by Wedgewelly Women's Miss Liberty Black/Pink Wellingtons Boots MISS-LI-(W)-6 6 UK, 39 EU, 8 US
Offered by Funky Leisure

3.0 out of 5 stars Most comfy wellies ever - but don't last, 11 Mar 2013
I have wide feet and large calves and also like to have something padded underfoot. I bought these after reading the previous review and I am not disappointed, there is even room for welly socks inside too. These are really comfortable and I am super pleased with them. Completely reasonable priced, oh, and they look really groovy too :-)

June 2014
Have decreased the rating to 3 stars as I really expected them to last longer than this. Having patched up a split seam at the back of the ankle 6 months ago they have now self-destructed. The seam re-split and and a huge tear has appeared in the side of the boot. I think they can't cope with mud and/or being walked in, which is a shame as they were still very comfy

Impressions Fusion Microfibre Pillowcase Pair Chocolate.
Impressions Fusion Microfibre Pillowcase Pair Chocolate.
Offered by Bargain Homeware

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty, 21 Jan 2013
I bought the pillowcases. I realise the risk I was taking as they are only 50 per pair but they are so thin they're see-through. I only wanted cheapies to use occasionally when my hair is newly coloured but I wouldn't trust even using both together to keep my pillow clean. I don't like the feel of the fabric either, it's just flimsey and horrid. On the upside I've only lost 50p

Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer
Remington AC5011 Pearl Pro Ionic AC Hair Dryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Super fast drying, 17 Jan 2013
I got this to replace a 20+ year old 1800w hairdryer as I thought I could do with something that looked after my coloured hair better. It leaves my hair smooth and shiny and dries it very much faster than my old one so there is less damage from prolonged contact with heat too. It is a little heavier, but not uncomfortable and I will easily get used to the difference in the balance of it.
I cannot comment on the attachments as I don't use them but the extra long cord will be useful on holiday where quite often in cottages the plug sockets are not anywhere near a mirrors.
I highly recommend it, and especially as it is much cheaper than in the shops

INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes
INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes
Price: £13.50 - £44.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird but wonderful, 25 April 2012
This review is from: INOV-8 Evoskin Shoes (Apparel)
An extremely comfy 'barefoot' shoe. I chose these having just taken up treadmill running but with no love for conventional running shoes. I do have particularly sweaty feet and found I need socks to stop my feet sliding around inside, Ininji 5 finger lite liners fit well (or any brand that is very thin) and make the shoe look less weird. I am a (women's)size 6 to 6.5 and would say this is the largest UK size that will comfortably fit the Small. I also have very wide feet and there is plenty of room width-wise, so no pinching and an excellent price too.
The bonus is that you can chuck these in the washing machine if they need freshening up (or even the dishwasher!)

Page: 1 | 2